Do You Trust Clicklist Shopping??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Do You Trust Clicklist Shopping??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Thanks

Do You Trust Clicklist Shopping??

Krogers, Walmart, Sams Club,, and many others I guess have Clicklist shopping,,
    Order on-line, pick it up at your car at a designated time,, no going through the store finding what you need,,,

My wife discussed Krogers Clicklist shopping today,,
    we have come to the opinion that we can not use the service.

I would guess that half of what we purchase at Krogers must be "freshness" selected,,

How do you trust them to select fresh bread?

How do you trust them to select vegetables?

How do you trust them to select milk?

The same Item you want is on sale in a different size, if you do not see it, you pay for the expensive one.
    With the they charge, I am not going to trust some $7 an hour teenager to do my shopping,,,

OR, am I totally wrong, and the service might get you just what you want,,,

What do you think!!??
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,257 Posts
    I waiting on the edge of my seat for our Walmart to offer this. The 2 other Walmart’s that are further away are doing it but not ours for some reason. Grocery shopping every other week is a huge chore for us.

I understand your point about freshness of produce but we don’t buy any of that stuff. It’s all refrigerated, frozen, of regular staples.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    The Krogers by me does it. I haven't used the service yet. I think that by the time I go through the online list, figure out what I need, etc., it's not that much of a time saver. (I could see where Coaltrain and his wife would use it given their ailments though) I do find it annoying for a couple of reasons though - First, both Kroger stores took valuable PRIME parking spaces fairly close to the entrances. I'm guessing that as they build new stores, they'll have a better designated area for pickup but for now they are going in and out of the main entrances with those stupid carts. Next, I find all those carts in the aisles super annoying. And the "pickers" are often stepping in front of me without even muttering "excuse me".

Ditto on the concerns about picking the freshest produce, milk, eggs, etc. I was in Kroger about a year ago and they had some kid helping a vet in a wheelchair do his shopping. The guy wanted eggs and the kid just picked up a carton and put them in the cart. The vet says "are you going to check them?". The kid says "for what?". The vet had to explain how eggs can be cracked in the carton and you ALWAYS check them before you buy them.

Sometimes when looking for fruit, I might want it riper than other times. Depends on how quickly I'm planning on using it. How do you communicate something like that?

The "pickers" in our store vary from kids to employees that I've seen in the store for several years. It's not a job I'd want!
    DRobinson likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    The Krogers by me does it. I haven't used the service yet. I think that by the time I go through the online list, figure out what I need, etc., it's not that much of a time saver. (I could see where Coaltrain and his wife would use it given their ailments though) I do find it annoying for a couple of reasons though - First, both Kroger stores took valuable PRIME parking spaces fairly close to the entrances. I'm guessing that as they build new stores, they'll have a better designated area for pickup but for now they are going in and out of the main entrances with those stupid carts. Next, I find all those carts in the aisles super annoying. And the "pickers" are often stepping in front of me without even muttering "excuse me".

Ditto on the concerns about picking the freshest produce, milk, eggs, etc. I was in Kroger about a year ago and they had some kid helping a vet in a wheelchair do his shopping. The guy wanted eggs and the kid just picked up a carton and put them in the cart. The vet says "are you going to check them?". The kid says "for what?". The vet had to explain how eggs can be cracked in the carton and you ALWAYS check them before you buy them.

Sometimes when looking for fruit, I might want it riper than other times. Depends on how quickly I'm planning on using it. How do you communicate something like that?

The "pickers" in our store vary from kids to employees that I've seen in the store for several years. It's not a job I'd want!
    Sorry, unless I am crippled comepletely, and you never know.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    DRobinson likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Grocery shopping is one of the few in person shopping experiences that I truly enjoy, so this service isn't for me. If I were to use it, it would be only for canned, or dry goods. Having said that, the target market that this makes the most sense for this in my mind is the busy mom, or dad that wants to schedule pickup of that nights dinner ingredients. You whip in grab your stuff and then it's off to home to create a home cooked meal.

I could be wrong though...I don't think you should use self checkout if you have a full size buggy overflowing with groceries, but I see people do that all of the time, so what do I know.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    I guess Im in the minority.

My wife wanted to try the click list, when our local Kroger first announced it. I wasnt too thrilled with the idea, thinking about all the stuff that could go wrong.
    Well, turns out it was all in my head.

The hard part is finding the items you want online and adding them. Once thats done, it saves them as recent items or some such thing. The second time around is MUCH faster than the first time you do it.
    My wife never goes in Kroger anymore. We have had no issues with milk, cheese, meats, bread, lettuce, vegetables, fruits, etc. Now, maybe its just the guys that select it, but we have been using it for several months now, and its never been an issue at all. They even put our bread in a separate bag.
    One thing they also do that wasnt mentioned is that they will upgrade you if something is out.
    Say I want a small box of Cheerios, but they are out of that size. They give you the next larger one at the same price as the small one.
    I dont think we have ever had an order that didnt have something upgraded or subbed like that, so I dont worry about a smaller item being on sale or not. Most of it you can see anyway, because if you search by name, they all pop up.
    If there is a problem, all you have to do is call, and they will issue a credit, or fix it. One time we got some extra items. I think it was a case of water and some crackers or something.
    We called to let them know, and they just told us to keep it, no charge. That doesnt happen often in our experience though. Most times your order is spot on, with the exception of the substitutions.
    Speaking of substitutions, you can pick too if you want something subbed or not. I prefer a certain kind of butter, and dont want something else. Same with bread. Not a problem.

Our local Meijer is getting ready to do this as well, and its closer than Kroger.

Im not really a people person, so the less time I spend around them in the grocery store, the better, for all involved. People used to be respectful of others, and not so self centered, and in a large store like that, its on full display. Its why I avoid Walmart like the plague.
    Anyway, we do go grocery shopping in person from time to time, because sometimes you need to see things up close to make a decision, but for our "routine" shopping, the click list is darn near impossible to beat.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    I guess Im in the minority.

My wife wanted to try the click list, when our local Kroger first announced it. I wasnt too thrilled with the idea, thinking about all the stuff that could go wrong.
    Well, turns out it was all in my head.

The hard part is finding the items you want online and adding them. Once thats done, it saves them as recent items or some such thing. The second time around is MUCH faster than the first time you do it.
    My wife never goes in Kroger anymore. We have had no issues with milk, cheese, meats, bread, lettuce, vegetables, fruits, etc. Now, maybe its just the guys that select it, but we have been using it for several months now, and its never been an issue at all. They even put our bread in a separate bag.
    One thing they also do that wasnt mentioned is that they will upgrade you if something is out.
    Say I want a small box of Cheerios, but they are out of that size. They give you the next larger one at the same price as the small one.
    I dont think we have ever had an order that didnt have something upgraded or subbed like that, so I dont worry about a smaller item being on sale or not. Most of it you can see anyway, because if you search by name, they all pop up.
    If there is a problem, all you have to do is call, and they will issue a credit, or fix it. One time we got some extra items. I think it was a case of water and some crackers or something.
    We called to let them know, and they just told us to keep it, no charge. That doesnt happen often in our experience though. Most times your order is spot on, with the exception of the substitutions.
    Speaking of substitutions, you can pick too if you want something subbed or not. I prefer a certain kind of butter, and dont want something else. Same with bread. Not a problem.

Our local Meijer is getting ready to do this as well, and its closer than Kroger.

Im not really a people person, so the less time I spend around them in the grocery store, the better, for all involved. People used to be respectful of others, and not so self centered, and in a large store like that, its on full display. Its why I avoid Walmart like the plague.
    Anyway, we do go grocery shopping in person from time to time, because sometimes you need to see things up close to make a decision, but for our "routine" shopping, the click list is darn near impossible to beat.
    Thanks for your real world experience!

It's good to know that they upgrade you. My question is - let's say you order 12 containers of yogurt and they only have 6. Is their on-line inventory current to the minute? An issue with us is that it is a 1.5 hour round trip that we only make once every two weeks. We have to have all the quantities that we order. We are not going back for 2 weeks and can't be without certain items (like snacks!).
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,424 Posts
    One of my close friends, his wife has a major emotional issue about going to the grocery store. It centers around several years ago, their adult son took his own life and following the service by a couple of months, she was shopping in a grocery store and she ran into someone who brought him up. Ever since then, she has gotten more "bizarre" about going to the store. First, she started driving 25 miles to an area where she doesn't know anyone. Then that wasn't good enough and he had to go with her. She gets herself all worked up and anxious and frankly, I just don't get it......They would fight about shopping and he hates to go, but was tired of not having food at home.

So, I suggested she try that "Shopft" service or whatever it's called where you input all of your stuff online and they shop and actually bring it to you and will even put it away in your house if you aren't concerned about where things are put, I guess. The Meijer's stores are using this service in our area. Meijer is a really nice chain of stores that are broad line, like Walmart, just much nicer and better quality items (generally).

She has been using this now for about 3 months and absolutely loves it. I did advise her to tip the people very well as I read where the tips are a big part of the "shoppers" compensation, Plus they are using their car and driving the stuff out to you. I reminded her that she is at a minimum 15 miles from her closest Meijer's, so make sure to tip at least to help cover the cost of driving 30 miles. She asked for a suggestion and I told her at a minimum, 20% to 25% and that's what she has been doing. I told her if the order is small, to tip at least $20 and she said she has been. They can afford it......and I know from what I have read on the website for the shoppers how much of their compensation is made up of tips and it's very important to them.

She is thrilled with the service and I asked her the questions about selecting vegetables, etc. and they say that everything has been ideal and they have had no problems. I asked her to say one thing bad about the service and she said "You didn't tell me about it sooner." So there you go, I need to solve others problems more efficiently and aggressively for them. I will add it to my "To Do List".....

I asked how much they typically spend in groceries each week and she said $120 to $160 for each typical shopping experience. Some as low as $80 and the first was around $260. Interestingly, she has had more than 10 different shopping deliveries and she told me that they have not had the same shopper twice. I told her she can request a specific shopper and she said right now, she will just take whoever she gets.

She did say that all but one of the shoppers was at least 45 years old and the one younger one they had was their daughters age, so about early 30's.......She said the last shopper who delivered was a man who she would say was in his 70's. I just hope he is doing this because he enjoys it or likes having something to do, and not because he has too.........

I did read where you can request a specific shopper under the Shopft program (It is owned by Target and operates out of Arkansas) and even have them "text with you while they are shopping in case the item you want isnt in stock and they need to select an alternative. Apparently phone calls are possible as well and even taking pictures of things and sending them to you for your approval, as long as you are immediately available.

I might have some stuff delivered, but I rarely do any shopping of significance. Mrs. Bear does the shopping stuff. She said she might use it. But we work and live at home so getting out sometimes is a good way for her to have a break in her routine.

All I know is the half a dozen people I know who use it, who are all 50 or older in age, all have very positive things to say about the service. Some are using the Shopft and others are using the delivery and shopping service of One of our local single location grocery stores, which also does the shopping and delivery and it keeps them very busy. They have 5 or 6 employees who handle nothing but shopping and delivery for customers, most of whom are elderly (I asked, and that's what they said). They always have a check out lane shut down and the employee is ringing it up, bagging it up, loading into the cart and using the store van for deliveries.

The ONLY negative comment I have heard came from an elderly gentleman in our neighborhood who said "It took quite some time to find everything on line the first time I ordered, but once I had ordered once, then it is super easy." That's the ONLY negative comment I have heard from the various people using it. This guy is in his mid 80's and pretty tech savy for his age and generation........

So, apparently it works for a lot of people and frankly, I have yet to hear of any serious issues, problems or complaints. Also, from what I hear, most have the stuff within 2 hours of when they order and you can specify the delivery time so you aren't sitting all day waiting.

I guess there you go........While everyone I talked to about it was initially very skeptical, everyone who has actually used it has been very happy. Also, Meijer has a program called M Perks where you get electronic coupons and special savings and financial rewards for shopping their store. I have yet to hear if the "Shopft" shopper can use the customer's "M Perks" to get the best deal or not, but I would imagine they have someway to integrate the shopping done for you with the savings program they have for the store.
    BigJim55, coaltrain and Herminator like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thanks for your real world experience!

It's good to know that they upgrade you. My question is - let's say you order 12 containers of yogurt and they only have 6. Is their on-line inventory current to the minute? An issue with us is that it is a 1.5 hour round trip that we only make once every two weeks. We have to have all the quantities that we order. We are not going back for 2 weeks and can't be without certain items (like snacks!).
    Id have to ask my wife. She knows a lot more about it than I do.
    My guess is that they would give you the 6 of the brand you ordered, then 6 of a better if thats possible.
    Their online inventory isnt always accurate which is why they sub stuff.

Cant be without the snacks!!
    BigJim55, coaltrain and Herminator like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    SulleyBear - thanks for that input. I can never expect delivery here where I live but hope the pickup thing comes.

I got thinking why 2 surrounding Walmart’s are offering the grocery pickup but our closest one does not. The other 2 are in what are considered small cities while ours is not. These other cities have lots of different chain restaurants etc. while there is nothing but McDonalds and Wendy’s where we go. I guess it all depends on the population and weather it is worthwhile for them to do this.

Jim B - another reason I brought up the store’s inventory - we have to go every other week because our Walmart doesn’t keep enough inventory on the shelf of certain items we use/like. If they had more we would only go once a month. That’s what pantries and freezers are for.

SulleyBear brought up another point that brought back a memory. Years ago I would have to go to Pittsburgh (big city) for training and spend a week there in a motel. I would walk over to the local Giant Eagle chain grocery store after classes to get something for supper from the salad bar. I started to see a pattern after a couple days - I would see the same people each day in line with 1 meat item, 1 vegetable, and 1 of something else which to me looked like a meal for the family. What was weird to me was they did this every day - just buying enough for one meal. And it wasn’t because they didn’t have enough money to buy more.

I guess living in the boonies all my life you just don’t/can’t do that. Until recently it was always a 1/2 beef every year, garden foods enough for a year canned, and any other store bought stuff bought in as much bulk as possible.

These people buying one meal at a time would not benefit from the grocery delivery thing - it would cost a fortune in delivery fees and tips for such small orders.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast