Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: MY AMSOIL Rip-Off +++++DON'T BUY FROM AMSOIL++++++

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-19-2018 @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks

MY AMSOIL Rip-Off +++++DON'T BUY FROM AMSOIL++++++

I like the folks here, hard workers try to buy smart, well I feel the same way except this little event occurred I want to make everyone aware of.

This purchase has nothing to do with this site, this is general info on what bogus practices Amsoil exercises.

I have read and heard so much about Amsoil this and Amsoil that all around the web, that buying anything from them was not even on my mind as turning into a BS situation, but it did.

So I needed the 90 degree swivel for my oil cap on my Dodge Ram Diesel, I am running an oil bypass system. So you know, that teeny tiny 90 degree nipple that goes into the oil cap then attaches to the oil line coming from the filter. It's a BP 242 and it weighs what? an ounce? the size is what? an inch by an inch?

What does this marvelous company send it in? A freakin box that is 10x8x9 packed with paper and the BP242 hidden in a slip of paper.

Oh yeah, here's the beauty of Amsoil, they sell the BP242 for $4.75 the amazing rip-off of the scheme is the packaging at $8.50.

Total bill $14.05 for a $4.75 part.

179% mark-up for the shipping and handling

I will never buy from AMSOIL again, I don't want to hear how amazing they are because they are thieves. I will make it my quest that everyone knows about this transaction for as long as I can and as far as I can

No I didn't contact them and try to make it beeeettttterrrrr and to give them a 2nd chaaaanncccee, if they have to be told that 179% mark-up for shipping, a box big enough for a soccer ball when used for an item the size of a Quarter and that the whole thing could have been done with a padded envelope that costs a buck then that says it all.

Please see included pics for your viewing pleasure, the 16.9 oz water bottle is for size reference...Enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:47 AM
    Thanks
    Maybe that's a platinum paper clip in the bottom of the box?

No, but seriously . I hate that shipping rip off stuff too.
    Had it happen many a time.
    Levi likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    In my previous life as a Blue suit person... Yes shipping is out of sight. "Most" business use the Brown guys. Why? Unknown to me. I have compared prices over and over and it just doesn't make sense to me. A padded Blue envelope would go as a much lower rate. If the shipping costs are passed on to the consumer.... why would any business care about costs there. As of the first of the year, the Blue guys are offering (Mandatory) now, the exact Point of origin to point of delivery tracking with free insurance to boot! Oh-yes, and the cost of shipping has gone up also. Now that is for business only at this point as I understand it so far. Magazine postage is another issue for another thread.
    The business here should have used more discretion with the packaging and thus would have led to a more cost effective method of shipping to pass on to the customer.
    Last edited by HouseMouse; 01-27-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    Levi likes this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 669 Posts
    I've had this happen to me, also. Large box for such a small item. It is like when you first open the box and you hope they didn't send you the wrong item and a bunch of sale brochures and a catalog.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    I am not an Amsoil fan BUT, did you know the shipping cost before you approved the order? Most online retailers give the shipping costs prior to charging your card so I have to ask, if you knew, why did you approve it? If you didn't know, why didn't you ask?

My bet, Amsoil's minimum shipping and handling cost is $8.50.

The bad thing is, that doesn't look like a special fitting and could have likely been sourced at a local auto parts / hydraulic store for a couple bucks
    HydroHarold, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psrumors View Post
    I am not an Amsoil fan BUT, did you know the shipping cost before you approved the order? Most online retailers give the shipping costs prior to charging your card so I have to ask, if you knew, why did you approve it? If you didn't know, why didn't you ask?

The bad thing is, that doesn't look like a special fitting and could have likely been sourced at a local auto parts / hydraulic store for a couple bucks
    Exactly my thoughts and if it was put in a box the size of the product it would of been lost in shipping.
    2013 4720 with 400cx loader and 4-n-1 bucket ,485 backhoe with 18" bucket. Soon to come Artillian HD forks,TSC 7' tiller,I- match,Hydraulic box blade,frontier rear 7' snowblower,7' frontier snow blade and root grapple. SOLD2013 John Deere 1025r filb with alot of #hit that's more than 500 characters apparently!

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:47 AM
    Thanks
    One of the best ones i can remember in recent years was being charged $5.00 for shipping & handling of some decals that were basically the size and thickness of 4 postage stamps from a model shop.
    They sent them in a regular envelope with a $0.39 cent stamp.

I vowed to never buy another thing from them.
    Levi likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks

I agree here. But, as a consumer, we/i expect cost efficiency rather than just pass it on to the next guy. I have looked at that part of the Amsoil cap. I think it's a propitiatory part for their cap only (Custom part). and not an off the shelf unit. Now Victoria Secrets has excellent packaging. By nature of the product.... never had one fall apart or lost during shipping. Not a single customer complaint. Returns-yes, complaints-no.
    Levi, Myasis Dragon and BigJim55 like this.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    I agree here. But, as a consumer, we/i expect cost efficiency rather than just pass it on to the next guy. I have looked at that part of the Amsoil cap. I think it's a propitiatory part for their cap only (Custom part). and not an off the shelf unit. Now Victoria Secrets has excellent packaging. By nature of the product.... never had one fall apart or lost during shipping. Not a single customer complaint. Returns-yes, complaints-no.
    The receipt says it is a 1/8npt x 1/4 jic, a rather standard part, absolutely nothing special.

I hate high shipping costs as well but my bet shipping AND handling would be $8.50 no matter if it was in an envelope. I try to buy locally to avoid shipping costs.
    Levi, BigJim55 and HouseMouse like this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The receipt says it is a 1/8npt x 1/4 jic, a rather standard part, absolutely nothing special.

I hate high shipping costs as well but my bet shipping AND handling would be $8.50 no matter if it was in an envelope. I try to buy locally to avoid shipping costs.
    I looked into this unit.... decided against etc. Thought the cap-elbo was an interesting item and just might be custom. My bad!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast