Question about JD dealers inventory on lot?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Question about JD dealers inventory on lot?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 1,105 Posts

Question about JD dealers inventory on lot?

is there a way to tell what amount of stock of gators, tractors, etc., is sitting on there lot for sale.

like they show what's for sale used, but can i see what they have for sale new?

or is that a no about that?? or am i missing something on their websites? some dealers show what type they sale new--but not how many pieces they have sitting there.

i'm planning a small road trip here in the next few weeks-hopefully--and i wanted to map out the dealers at certain areas as i travel along my route-so i wanted to see if i could see what they had sitting there NEW for sale. but am not able to achieve this.

is this because it would eat up too much space on there website?? thanks for any feed back on this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Thanks
    I haven't seen anything like that on the dealers websites I've looked at yet.

Good question Jim.

Waiting for others
    BigJim55, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Thanks
    I've never seen anything that would allow people to see a dealer's full inventory. Some dealers list everything they have on MachineFinder but it's only a handful that do that.
    BigJim55, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Good question Bigjim. Car dealers do it, wonder if turn over is too hard to keep current. It would be nice to see what dealers have. Might prompt a road trip.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmich View Post
    Good question Bigjim. Car dealers do it, wonder if turn over is too hard to keep current. It would be nice to see what dealers have. Might prompt a road trip.
    I have a hard time believing tractor turn over is as frequent as new cars. Especially given how common it is to buy a tractor now for example and have it be a 2017 or earlier manufacture.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Auto dealers list their current inventory as the manufacturer requires them to. It has to do with inventory replenishment policy along with finance floor planning, promotions and advertising. Many if not most dealers these days have dedicated personnel to handle web postings and internet inquiries and sales opportunities. This is an expense that might be difficult for a JD Dealer to justify.

Additionally, not posting current inventory may assist with getting qualified "buyers'" into the dealership as opposed to "shoppers" or "tire kickers" who aren't as committed to making a purchase.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post
    Auto dealers list their current inventory as the manufacturer requires them to. It has to do with inventory replenishment policy along with finance floor planning, promotions and advertising. Many if not most dealers these days have dedicated personnel to handle web postings and internet inquiries and sales opportunities. This is an expense that might be difficult for a JD Dealer to justify.
    Then again... a few JD dealers around here take advantage of the freebie postings that Facebook provides. They are constantly posting photos of their used equipment on Facebook. It's free and requires no overhead... the salesman walks out with his phone, snaps a couple photos, enters "Call Bob for info" and presses the button to post to Facebook.

There's no real reason they couldn't do the same with the new stuff they have on the lot.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Then again... a few JD dealers around here take advantage of the freebie postings that Facebook provides. They are constantly posting photos of their used equipment on Facebook. It's free and requires no overhead... the salesman walks out with his phone, snaps a couple photos, enters "Call Bob for info" and presses the button to post to Facebook.

There's no real reason they couldn't do the same with the new stuff they have on the lot.
    What is missing there is the motivation to do it.

Auto dealers didn't just start taking pics of their inventory and building websites. 3rd party developers saw the chance to make money so *they* developed the software to extract all the data on each vehicle from the dealer's computer systems and convert that into web sites. They sold that software for a song to the dealers so the dealer had no real reason to object to the idea. Then once they had enough dealers on board those same 3rd party developers took all the dealer's data and sold it to Autotrader, KBB, Edmunds, Autobytel, etc...

The auto dealers do pretty much nothing to get all of those cars and trucks listed on the web. The 3rd party developers did all that because they thought they could make money for themselves by doing it. Everyone seemed to benefit from it so the idea took off and no one complained that the developers skimmed a little off the top in the deal.

I don't know if the same incentives work in the tractor market. I don't know if companies like Deere would give 3rd party developers access to their computer systems for a start.
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 1,105 Posts
    thanks for the info. i had no idea what to think about whether i could see what a dealer has sitting on their lot for sale.

sounds like a day sitting on the phone calling each dealer along my route-then deciding if i'm stopping there or not.

in the old days-didn't deere have a way to truck a machine between the dealers--kinda like interwebbing thingsif A-had such and such and E-wanted one or that certain piece could be sold--they would get it from that A-dealer. now this was over 20 yrs ago-i was told this then.

like i said just looking for the easiest way to see what's at certain dealers. always great to learn new things. thanks
    Robnik likes this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    It seems that a lot of tractors differ by things like lift capacity, horsepower, and other "work-related" things. Tractors are also generally less of an "impulse" buy or "have to have it right now" type of item. So, ordering one and waiting is pretty reasonable for a lot of folks.

With that in mind, they don't have to have your exact tractor on the lot in order to help you understand what you'd be ordering. That actually happened with me as they showed me the 2720 for size and I ordered the 2520 because they didn't have any.
    Robnik likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast