• 1 Post By ZachinCO
  • 2 Post By Stablenickers

Thread: World Equestrian Games in Tryon, NC

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-20-2018 @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks

World Equestrian Games in Tryon, NC

Anyone going? Tryon is just two hours from home. I almost hit the buy button on tickets to the Dressage Freestyle finals. Pricey. Beautiful venue.

Combined driving, eventing, dressage, endurance, paraequestrians, reining, show jumping and vaulting. A little something for everyone!
    mark02tj and RetiredDoc like this.
    Jen

ZTrack Z915B
    2016 4052R with H165 loader
    iMatch hitch, Frontier box scrape, 6' disc harrow, 4' alternating tine aerator
    55 gal sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Here's the link.

https://tryon2018.com/

Beautiful facility. One of my horses competed in the American Eventing Championships there last year. He was intimidated by the crowds and noise and finished mid-pack.

Later, when I looked back at the program, I discovered he was competing in the same division as one of Stormy Daniels horses, who finished in a tie for first place. This was before..., who knew?

Hit the buy button. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. The Equestrian tickets to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta were pretty steep, but I would have regretted not going. I saw every day of competition - Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 08-18-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    ZachinCO and Stablenickers like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

4. Top | #3
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Here's the link.

Beautiful facility. One of my horses competed in the American Eventing Championships there last year. He was intimidated by the crowds and noise and finished mid-pack.

Later, when I looked back at the program, I discovered he was competing in the same division as one of Stormy Daniels horses, who finished in a tie for first place. This was before..., who knew?

Hit the buy button. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. The Equestrian tickets to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta were pretty steep, but I would have regretted not going. I saw every day of competition - Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping.
    That would be fun if I was closer. We go to a local event to see the trainer & horses from where my oldest daughter works, although itís free.

They also compete in Wellington, FL at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RetiredDoc likes this.
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Here's the link.

Funny how they get stage fright sometimes! My daughter is a longtime USEA member and I spent many a weekend volunteering as jump judge or dressage steward. My favorite annual event has always been The Fork International Horse Trials.
    The Fork Horse Trials I was saddened when it moved to Tryon. If you have a chance to visit The Fork, donít miss it. One of the most gorgeous barns ever...

Wish I could go to every day of the WEG. Just purchased tickets for Sundayís Dressage Individual Freestyle Finals.
    DRobinson and ZachinCO like this.
    Jen

ZTrack Z915B
    55 gal sprayer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
    That would be fun if I was closer. We go to a local event to see the trainer & horses from where my oldest daughter works, although itís free.

They also compete in Wellington, FL at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Darn horse things are so rarely free, arenít they?!
    Jen

ZTrack Z915B
    55 gal sprayer

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements