Loaner car 2018 CX-5
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Loaner car 2018 CX-5

  1. Top | #1
    J3 Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Location
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Posts
    2,221
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 430 Times in 247 Posts

    Loaner car 2018 CX-5

    So today I had to drop off my CX-9 for the airbag recall. They gave me this as a loaner car.




    When they ran my car through the car wash afterwards it broke my rear wiper so I got to keep this one an extra day. And actually evaluate this thing. It’s a good thing I’m not in the market for a new car.


    2018 CX-5. Now I know this thing is loaded as it has lots of goodies. It has heated seats, climate control, HD radio and all the normal goodies.

    What impressed me thought was the adaptive cruise control (my first experience with it). On I-81 it was a godsend and made the commute almost enjoyable.

    Then the headlights. Was almost home and finally flipped in the high beams. And then a car approached from the other direction. The thing dimmed the headlights back to low beam just before I did. Then once it passed back to high beams.

    Averaged a bit over 33 mpg on the way home. Not bad for an al wheel drive SUV.

    Over all I’m Impressed.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

    If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,348
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 510 Times in 367 Posts
    Sharn Jean has a 2014 CX5. The ride is a bit rigid, and the interior could use some redesign, but we love it, especially for our in town running. We just recently bought our daughter a 2011 CX 9; and it's a real smoothie. Lots of room, drives great and I suspect would be much more comfortable on a trip over 100 miles. I personally vote for the CX9.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

  4. Top | #3
    Cutty72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    1,301
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 120 Times in 107 Posts
    The 5 is so small though!
    We looked at them a bit, and the 9 would be tight depending on the trip.

    2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 adults... We're looking at an Expedition EL...
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,151
    Thanks
    1,427
    Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    The 5 is so small though!
    We looked at them a bit, and the 9 would be tight depending on the trip.

    2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 adults... We're looking at an Expedition EL...
    That's what my wife drives and she is alone in the car or with one of her canine kids 90% of the time. She loves it......

    In fact, I am not sure we have ever had anyone sit in the 3rd row seats in this Expedition EL, the one before it, the one before that one and the Excursion before that only used the 3rd row seat when we would use it to haul the snowmobiles to the U.P.

    She just told me that she heard they are completely redesigning the Expedition for 2020. It's time for some changes beyond the cosmetic ones they keep making.......

    I have been thinking about trying the Mazda Cx-9 for my needs.......I like the mid sized SUV's for my use......
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  7. Top | #5
    pmhgeneral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:26 AM
    Location
    Shavertown, Pa
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I have the 2010 CX7 and love it would purchase another if still available, only have a little over 50,000 miles on it and same just had my car in shop for airbag and had a CX5 loaner the top of the line one nice, fast and great handling but small I need my cx7.. I remember when I purchased the 7 I looked at the 9 and I thought what would I do with the third seat.


    JD 1023-E 2017 H-120 Loader, 54” AC MMD, Ballast Box, 47” JD Snowblower w/Quick Hitch & Remote Control Chute Flap, OT Cab w/Glass Windshield, Wiper, Heater, Armrest added, Front Led Lights, JD IMatch QH, Rear Hitch Receiver, Rear 3-pt Blade
    Interest: Woodworking-Tractors-Chris-Craft Boats.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    etcallhome likes this.

  8. Top | #6
    J3 Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Location
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Posts
    2,221
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 430 Times in 247 Posts
    I love my 2008 CX-9. Has a 180000 on it now and has been trouble free. Brakes, tires, shocks and control arms.

    I average 21-22 MPG on he highway with it. And it rides nice. I agree the Cx-5 is a little harsher.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

    If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Central CT
    Posts
    2,337
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 220 Times in 174 Posts
    Adaptive Cruise Control / Automatic Braking has almost gotten me into at least three accidents because it does not "understand" the overall conditions and only monitors your distance to an object ahead of you. If not for -MY- adaptive controls to override that garbage and get the car out of harm's way, I would have been in at least three accidents, with at least one of them being more than a minor fender bender.

    I get the premise and the idea, but it's more dangerous than safe.

    One of the times I had a bad experience with it was on a highway where I had the cruise set for 65 and I was in the middle lane. I had a car following behind me at a slightly less than safe distance, but not necessarily tailgating. A car passed me on the left going only slightly faster and he had a another person that pretty much WAS tailgating him. As soon as he cleared my vehicle, he changed lanes to get in front of me and was WAY too close "all of a sudden" according to the ACC. The car applied the brakes and dropped to something like 55 -FAST- and the guy behind me was ready to rear-end me at highway speed. I was fortunate that there wasn't a vehicle in the right lane and I was able to switch lanes to avoid getting hit.

    I hate that feature and will never own a vehicle with it unless it can be permanently turned off (Ford requires you to turn it off every time you start the car).
    etcallhome likes this.
    ---

    2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

  10. Top | #8
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,496
    Thanks
    3,299
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    Adaptive Cruise Control / Automatic Braking has almost gotten me into at least three accidents because it does not "understand" the overall conditions and only monitors your distance to an object ahead of you. If not for -MY- adaptive controls to override that garbage and get the car out of harm's way, I would have been in at least three accidents, with at least one of them being more than a minor fender bender.

    I get the premise and the idea, but it's more dangerous than safe.

    One of the times I had a bad experience with it was on a highway where I had the cruise set for 65 and I was in the middle lane. I had a car following behind me at a slightly less than safe distance, but not necessarily tailgating. A car passed me on the left going only slightly faster and he had a another person that pretty much WAS tailgating him. As soon as he cleared my vehicle, he changed lanes to get in front of me and was WAY too close "all of a sudden" according to the ACC. The car applied the brakes and dropped to something like 55 -FAST- and the guy behind me was ready to rear-end me at highway speed. I was fortunate that there wasn't a vehicle in the right lane and I was able to switch lanes to avoid getting hit.

    I hate that feature and will never own a vehicle with it unless it can be permanently turned off (Ford requires you to turn it off every time you start the car).
    ...............

    I like the adaptive in stop and go traffic light to traffic light and in lite traffic.
    Like you , our Outback, will shut you down in a heart beat , yes it is doing what it was designed to do and it does work..
    I posted the other day, not using cruise of any type and a car cuts in front of me and while I'm applying gas it is applying the brakes to the point I can hear my tires sliding on the payment.
    Our Outback has auto dimming inside mirror, auto dimming headlights , since buying the car I've only driven it maybe 4 times using the headlights. Guessing with fall coming will be using those features along with the LED headlights.
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,457
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 816 Times in 595 Posts
    Dad had a 2014 Subaru Outback with ACC, lane assist, etc. I enjoyed the ACC for longer trips. I hated the lane assist though. If you were changing lanes and the system didn't think you turned your signal on quick enough it would beep at you!


    One thing that the whole system didn't like was heavy rain. I got caught in a couple of downpours while I was driving that thing and if the rain was heavy enough that the cameras couldn't "see", you'd get all sorts of warning lights on the dash. Those were annoying and distracting.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  12. Top | #10
    Cutty72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    1,301
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 120 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    That's what my wife drives and she is alone in the car or with one of her canine kids 90% of the time. She loves it......

    In fact, I am not sure we have ever had anyone sit in the 3rd row seats in this Expedition EL, the one before it, the one before that one and the Excursion before that only used the 3rd row seat when we would use it to haul the snowmobiles to the U.P.

    She just told me that she heard they are completely redesigning the Expedition for 2020. It's time for some changes beyond the cosmetic ones they keep making.......

    I have been thinking about trying the Mazda Cx-9 for my needs.......I like the mid sized SUV's for my use......
    I'm hoping that the diesel they put in the F150 is successful and they put that in the Expedition. That would be a buy for me then!
    With the body redesign for '18, they also went to a push button start, which I greatly dislike. Why is it that no one wants to use a key anymore? You still have to carry the stupid fob, and with not actually putting it in the ignition, it's easier to lose track of it IMO.
    etcallhome and ColonyPark like this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •