Another reason to NOT USE UPS
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Another reason to NOT USE UPS

  1. Top | #1
    BOBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Location
    Boston north east
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts

    Another reason to NOT USE UPS

    Long story short I bought a 30" tiller for my X580. I was told all of the mounting parts and hydraulic lift parts were included. Nice try. The lift requires a yoke and some bushings. I called and emailed the seller who states I got what I paid for. Well, no I didn't and the seller won't reply to email or phone calls, so I'm done with him, end of subject.

    I ordered the yoke, bushings, bolts, nuts and spacers through my dealer. I wanted the right parts because of the yokes proximity to the transmission and couplings. I ordered the parts as an emergency order, next day for an additional $150, and I did this because of a deadline I have for working with the state on my property. So here's what happened.

    1. The dealer didn't order the parts until I raised hell the next day.

    2. The yoke came Saturday about 2pm. Nothing else arrived.

    3. Most of the spacers and bushings arrived today, Monday. Those parts were shipped via UPS in 3 separate packages each with there own tracking number.

    4. Package #3 with the special length bolts and spacers has been lost by UPS somewhere in Kentucky.

    5. UPS states, if the package doesn't arrive tomorrow call the provider, tell them the parts were lost, and order the parts again.


    I ship and receive hundreds of parts pertaining to my job every week, all through FedEx. They arrive on time and in good shape. As a matter of fact I have work I do for very large companies and can have parts in hand in 4 hours or less if needed, all by FedEx.

    UPS has done it again. Worst shipping company in the world IMO. I don't know who to yell at now, the dealer for failing to order when asked, or UPS for just failing as they usually do.

    Parts cost $402, shipping $150.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BOBL For This Useful Post:

    Michigan Grandpa (08-27-2018)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Location
    Berlin, MA
    Posts
    4,675
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 880 Times in 674 Posts
    I have had much worse experiences with FedEx than I've ever had with UPS but it seems everyone's experiences are very different.

    A couple of years ago I order a couple of things and they got shipped FedEx. I needed them for a Tuesday evening event and I watched their tracking site and it showed they were on the truck for delivery on Tuesday morning. I checked again at about 2pm and it showed they had been delivered. I looked around outside and couldn't find any package. Asked neighbors on both sides and the package wasn't delivered to them either.

    So I called FedEx and asked if they could contact the driver and see where he put it. They got a hold of him and he claimed he put in right in front of my garage. That would be fine except... I didn't have a garage. So they called the driver back and the driver tells them he dropped the package in front of a garage on the other side of town because, according to him, he'd been delivering packages in my town for 20 years and the street listed on the package doesn't exist.

    It took 20 minutes of arguing with the dispatch person to get them to look at Google maps and find that my street DOES in fact exist. For whatever reason, no one at FedEx was willing to accept that I knew the name of the street I lived on. At that point they decided that the driver was to far away to go back, pick the package up and deliver it to me so they would do that the following day. But they wouldn't tell me the exact address they delivered it to.

    By that point I was fit to be tied. And then my phone rang and it was a woman who lived across town telling me that there was a package for me on her front porch. So I drove over there myself and retrieved the package.

    I'll take UPS over FedEx any day!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

  5. Top | #3
    IndianaJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 198 Times in 151 Posts
    While Ive had my share of problems with UPS, I have had similar problems with FedEx. Everyone has their preferences for a number of different reasons.
    I prefer FedEx because they are cheaper for me to ship with. When I used to build and ship my own parts, I had to wrap them VERY well, or FedEx would destroy the boxes. UPS didnt do that. I assume its the way their system handles the boxes. The opposite used to be true, as when I ordered a Hobart welder, it was damaged in shipping, and when I called, they said they dont ever recommend UPS because of the long drops on their ramps when loading/unloading. They also said that UPS was supposedly working on a fix for it.
    The UPS vs FedEx has a long history, and seems to vary by what part of the country you are it, and in some places, even by what city you are in.
    Around here, for local stuff, they are about equal.

    When I worked for a nationwide company, shipping parts all over the US, using different carriers, well, they all screw up at times. Even our same day service goofed up from time to time. The only one who never did was the service we used to fly parts in for factorys that were shut down waiting on a part, but with the cost of their service, they darn sure shouldnt.
    I shipped and received, just from our local location, hundreds of packages each week. What I learned in my time there is that while lost packages happen, shipping delays are generally caused by the shipper, not the carrier.

    In your case, this is squarely on your dealer. If they said they were going to overnight it to you and you didnt get it next day, nothing else after that is anyones fault but theirs.
    They could have easily called UPS and upgraded the shipping to overnight on the ones that werent.
    They also could have easily gotten the parts to themselves next day and had you come pick them up, which is what my dealer does. Its a bit cheaper than shipping to a home address, and if a part doesnt show up, they know immediately.
    I would go ask for my money back on shipping, since they obviously didnt do what you paid them to.
    I mean, sure, you can be mad at UPS for losing your package, but Id be more mad at the dealer because it shouldnt have happened at all, and wouldnt have if they had shipped them next day, the day you ordered them.
    Jim B.

    318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

    Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    Ray_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Location
    North of Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,934
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 564 Times in 341 Posts
    IMHO, they are both bad, depending on what day of the week it is.

    Of course, to be fair, many times it is because the shipper didn't get it out the door on time.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

  8. Top | #5
    Boonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Location
    Pacific Northwest Region
    Posts
    570
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
    FEDEX, UPS, USPS, DHL, they all have "issues"
    Deliveries seem to go fine until drivers change and someone gets a different route.
    This week it's..........next week it's. They all have their moments over time.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

    TSC = The Village of Idiots

  9. Top | #6
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,168
    Thanks
    1,428
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post
    Long story short I bought a 30" tiller for my X580. I was told all of the mounting parts and hydraulic lift parts were included. Nice try. The lift requires a yoke and some bushings. I called and emailed the seller who states I got what I paid for. Well, no I didn't and the seller won't reply to email or phone calls, so I'm done with him, end of subject.

    I ordered the yoke, bushings, bolts, nuts and spacers through my dealer. I wanted the right parts because of the yokes proximity to the transmission and couplings. I ordered the parts as an emergency order, next day for an additional $150, and I did this because of a deadline I have for working with the state on my property. So here's what happened.

    1. The dealer didn't order the parts until I raised hell the next day.

    2. The yoke came Saturday about 2pm. Nothing else arrived.

    3. Most of the spacers and bushings arrived today, Monday. Those parts were shipped via UPS in 3 separate packages each with there own tracking number.

    4. Package #3 with the special length bolts and spacers has been lost by UPS somewhere in Kentucky.

    5. UPS states, if the package doesn't arrive tomorrow call the provider, tell them the parts were lost, and order the parts again.


    I ship and receive hundreds of parts pertaining to my job every week, all through FedEx. They arrive on time and in good shape. As a matter of fact I have work I do for very large companies and can have parts in hand in 4 hours or less if needed, all by FedEx.

    UPS has done it again. Worst shipping company in the world IMO. I don't know who to yell at now, the dealer for failing to order when asked, or UPS for just failing as they usually do.

    Parts cost $402, shipping $150.
    I see you are new to GTT. We have a thread for the things which frustrate us in life, called the Gear Grinder Thread. But, you are certainly welcome to start a thread sharing your frustration, just as you have done. Just be prepared for what others might have to say regarding your post. It might not be what you are expecting. My response isn't going to be one you want to hear. But I am only going to point out what I see and what I see is a definite cause and effect pattern.

    There are always two sides to every story. And in this case, the sides aren't whats important. The story isn't even important, other than it points out something which is very important. It's UPS today, and I guarantee you unless things change, it will be someone / something else tomorrow. This isn't a UPS verses Fed Ex story, it's actually much more important and I see a FAR bigger issue in this story. One which could actually save your life.

    One thing that I know to be a FACT in life is, In life, you get what you give, in spades. When you walk all over other people (as I outlined in red in your own words), don't be surprised when you end up with boot prints on your back.....like right now. One day, they will be on your throat. It's not a threat, it's a fact.

    Funny how when people scream and yell at people they are dealing with, they always seem to have lot's more problems. In fact, a disproportionate percentage of problems. I grew up around this "approach" and it was the absolutely perfect role model of how NOT to treat others and how NOT to deal with people. I mean, just look at your own words.......

    First, the "seller" of the tiller disappointed you, so you are "Done with Them, end of story". I bet they are glad. Then, the dealer didn't order an emergency order until you "raised hell". So, now the hot headed approach continues. I bet everyone involved is thrilled to have to deal with this mess. What's next on your agenda "I don't know who to yell at now, the dealer for failing to order when asked, or UPS for just failing as they usually do."

    And I have no doubt, the hits will keep coming. Belittling people doesn't motivate them, it irritates them and often, is the cause of such "problems". Approaching things angrily and expecting problems is contagious and amazingly, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Negativity and hostility are attitude diseases that must be eradicated or it will actually shorten one's life with all the pointless stress.

    I can already tell you the future. People make mistakes, equipment breaks down, packages get lost, it happens. 99% of life isn't what happens to you, it's how you deal with it.

    I see a trend here. I hope you change. Life is too short to waste it this way. If you start to always treat others exactly as you expect them to treat you, things go so much more smoothly. No one likes being yelled at and belittled. Who would?

    What is important is that running around with your hair on fire and yelling at people and developing an ulcer and hypertension over such matters is a highly ineffective way to get things done, other than to shorten your life. Will it get your tractor tiller working sooner? No. In fact, more likely the opposite. The race to the bottom doesn't produce winners. It just determines who loses first. That's no way to do things. More importantly, that's no way to live one's life.

    I could have asked " If UPS is so bad (in your opinion) why didn't you just use Fed Ex? Or I could have sided with the dealer, or jumped on the bandwagon, but what good does any of that do? Will it make your lost package show up? No. Will it solve your deadline with the state? No. Will it get your x580 running with the new 30" tiller? No. Would debating who's fault this is accomplish anything? Absolutely not.

    Will approaching challenges in your life with a different, positive attitude alter the outcome? Yes. Will it make people want to go out of their way to help you? Yes. Will it reduce your stress? No doubt. Will it make you happier? It should.

    My father was like you. He never did change and what a sad and lonely life he had. Not one person of the 20 he worked with everyday for over 35 years even came to the visitation or the funeral. The extent of his "friends" that showed up was a pathetic 2 people and one of them was there for the free food. Ironically, both who did show up are just like he was. Sad, very sad.

    You can change, it isn't too late. It's not easy, but it sure is worthwhile. This is the only reason I point this out. Sometimes, it takes the sledge hammer between the eyes to get one's attention. Sometimes even that doesn't do it. It's up to you.
    meburdick, BillieS, Ray_PA and 3 others like this.

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  10. Top | #7
    Ortimber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Location
    SW Oregon
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    First world problems I guess....It's amazing to me how fast and efficient our transportation infrastructure is.

    I use UPS and Fed-Ex equally for my business. I almost never have an issue and I ship a LOT of precision machined parts all over the country.
    Ray_PA likes this.
    JD 5052R
    JD 5100M
    JD 835M XUV
    JD 650G Dozer
    Kubota KX-057
    Kubota ZD1211

  11. Top | #8
    Ortimber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Location
    SW Oregon
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I see you are new to GTT. We have a thread for the things which frustrate us in life, called the Gear Grinder Thread. But, you are certainly welcome to start a thread sharing your frustration, just as you have done. Just be prepared for what others might have to say regarding your post. It might not be what you are expecting. My response isn't going to be one you want to hear. But I am only going to point out what I see and what I see is a definite cause and effect pattern.

    There are always two sides to every story. And in this case, the sides aren't whats important. The story isn't even important, other than it points out something which is very important. It's UPS today, and I guarantee you unless things change, it will be someone / something else tomorrow. This isn't a UPS verses Fed Ex story, it's actually much more important and I see a FAR bigger issue in this story. One which could actually save your life.

    One thing that I know to be a FACT in life is, In life, you get what you give, in spades. When you walk all over other people (as I outlined in red in your own words), don't be surprised when you end up with boot prints on your back.....like right now. One day, they will be on your throat. It's not a threat, it's a fact.

    Funny how when people scream and yell at people they are dealing with, they always seem to have lot's more problems. In fact, a disproportionate percentage of problems. I grew up around this "approach" and it was the absolutely perfect role model of how NOT to treat others and how NOT to deal with people. I mean, just look at your own words.......

    First, the "seller" of the tiller disappointed you, so you are "Done with Them, end of story". I bet they are glad. Then, the dealer didn't order an emergency order until you "raised hell". So, now the hot headed approach continues. I bet everyone involved is thrilled to have to deal with this mess. What's next on your agenda "I don't know who to yell at now, the dealer for failing to order when asked, or UPS for just failing as they usually do."

    And I have no doubt, the hits will keep coming. Belittling people doesn't motivate them, it irritates them and often, is the cause of such "problems". Approaching things angrily and expecting problems is contagious and amazingly, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Negativity and hostility are attitude diseases that must be eradicated or it will actually shorten one's life with all the pointless stress.

    I can already tell you the future. People make mistakes, equipment breaks down, packages get lost, it happens. 99% of life isn't what happens to you, it's how you deal with it.

    I see a trend here. I hope you change. Life is too short to waste it this way. If you start to always treat others exactly as you expect them to treat you, things go so much more smoothly. No one likes being yelled at and belittled. Who would?

    What is important is that running around with your hair on fire and yelling at people and developing an ulcer and hypertension over such matters is a highly ineffective way to get things done, other than to shorten your life. Will it get your tractor tiller working sooner? No. In fact, more likely the opposite. The race to the bottom doesn't produce winners. It just determines who loses first. That's no way to do things. More importantly, that's no way to live one's life.

    I could have asked " If UPS is so bad (in your opinion) why didn't you just use Fed Ex? Or I could have sided with the dealer, or jumped on the bandwagon, but what good does any of that do? Will it make your lost package show up? No. Will it solve your deadline with the state? No. Will it get your x580 running with the new 30" tiller? No. Would debating who's fault this is accomplish anything? Absolutely not.

    Will approaching challenges in your life with a different, positive attitude alter the outcome? Yes. Will it make people want to go out of their way to help you? Yes. Will it reduce your stress? No doubt. Will it make you happier? It should.

    My father was like you. He never did change and what a sad and lonely life he had. Not one person of the 20 he worked with everyday for over 35 years even came to the visitation or the funeral. The extent of his "friends" that showed up was a pathetic 2 people and one of them was there for the free food. Ironically, both who did show up are just like he was. Sad, very sad.

    You can change, it isn't too late. It's not easy, but it sure is worthwhile. This is the only reason I point this out. Sometimes, it takes the sledge hammer between the eyes to get one's attention. Sometimes even that doesn't do it. It's up to you.
    This is excellent! Thank you.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 5052R
    JD 5100M
    JD 835M XUV
    JD 650G Dozer
    Kubota KX-057
    Kubota ZD1211

  12. Top | #9
    BOBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Location
    Boston north east
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I see you are new to GTT. We have a thread for the things which frustrate us in life, called the Gear Grinder Thread. But, you are certainly welcome to start a thread sharing your frustration, just as you have done. Just be prepared for what others might have to say regarding your post. It might not be what you are expecting. My response isn't going to be one you want to hear. But I am only going to point out what I see and what I see is a definite cause and effect pattern.

    There are always two sides to every story. And in this case, the sides aren't whats important. The story isn't even important, other than it points out something which is very important. It's UPS today, and I guarantee you unless things change, it will be someone / something else tomorrow. This isn't a UPS verses Fed Ex story, it's actually much more important and I see a FAR bigger issue in this story. One which could actually save your life.

    One thing that I know to be a FACT in life is, In life, you get what you give, in spades. When you walk all over other people (as I outlined in red in your own words), don't be surprised when you end up with boot prints on your back.....like right now. One day, they will be on your throat. It's not a threat, it's a fact.

    Funny how when people scream and yell at people they are dealing with, they always seem to have lot's more problems. In fact, a disproportionate percentage of problems. I grew up around this "approach" and it was the absolutely perfect role model of how NOT to treat others and how NOT to deal with people. I mean, just look at your own words.......

    First, the "seller" of the tiller disappointed you, so you are "Done with Them, end of story". I bet they are glad. Then, the dealer didn't order an emergency order until you "raised hell". So, now the hot headed approach continues. I bet everyone involved is thrilled to have to deal with this mess. What's next on your agenda "I don't know who to yell at now, the dealer for failing to order when asked, or UPS for just failing as they usually do."

    And I have no doubt, the hits will keep coming. Belittling people doesn't motivate them, it irritates them and often, is the cause of such "problems". Approaching things angrily and expecting problems is contagious and amazingly, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Negativity and hostility are attitude diseases that must be eradicated or it will actually shorten one's life with all the pointless stress.

    I can already tell you the future. People make mistakes, equipment breaks down, packages get lost, it happens. 99% of life isn't what happens to you, it's how you deal with it.

    I see a trend here. I hope you change. Life is too short to waste it this way. If you start to always treat others exactly as you expect them to treat you, things go so much more smoothly. No one likes being yelled at and belittled. Who would?

    What is important is that running around with your hair on fire and yelling at people and developing an ulcer and hypertension over such matters is a highly ineffective way to get things done, other than to shorten your life. Will it get your tractor tiller working sooner? No. In fact, more likely the opposite. The race to the bottom doesn't produce winners. It just determines who loses first. That's no way to do things. More importantly, that's no way to live one's life.

    I could have asked " If UPS is so bad (in your opinion) why didn't you just use Fed Ex? Or I could have sided with the dealer, or jumped on the bandwagon, but what good does any of that do? Will it make your lost package show up? No. Will it solve your deadline with the state? No. Will it get your x580 running with the new 30" tiller? No. Would debating who's fault this is accomplish anything? Absolutely not.

    Will approaching challenges in your life with a different, positive attitude alter the outcome? Yes. Will it make people want to go out of their way to help you? Yes. Will it reduce your stress? No doubt. Will it make you happier? It should.

    My father was like you. He never did change and what a sad and lonely life he had. Not one person of the 20 he worked with everyday for over 35 years even came to the visitation or the funeral. The extent of his "friends" that showed up was a pathetic 2 people and one of them was there for the free food. Ironically, both who did show up are just like he was. Sad, very sad.

    You can change, it isn't too late. It's not easy, but it sure is worthwhile. This is the only reason I point this out. Sometimes, it takes the sledge hammer between the eyes to get one's attention. Sometimes even that doesn't do it. It's up to you.

    Sullybear,

    Nice to have you reply, but let's not get too carried away with your holier than thou attitude. First and foremost at the tender age of 66 I'm far from the new kid on the block. You, who knows nothing about me, what I do for a living, the type of life I lead, or even the entire history of this particular purchase, have now seen fit to paint me with a broad brush. You've then decided that I have a poor attitude, I'm walking all over people, running around with my hair on fire, living a lonely hate filled life. How wrong you are.

    I'll add a little bit more here, but only because you've passed judgment on me without knowledge. I was very patient with the seller, I had a number of positive communications, drove the 2 hours with my wife to his house, and paid him $1100 cash for what I was told was a complete package taken from an X580 like mine. He assured me I had everything needed, and that if I found something missing all I had to do is call him and he would find the part or make the matter right.

    To that end, and once I was aware that the needed parts were not with the tiller or in the box he gave me, I placed a polite call about an hour after I got home and received a VM, so I left a polite message. I emailed this person, and I left two (2) more messages asking him politely to look for the parts.

    He never replied and I'm not in the habit of hounding people. He got me on this one, I'm done with this person, end of subject and I'll make do with what I have.

    I ordered the parts Thursday night, paid for next day delivery, and then on Friday found out the parts were not ordered.
    I then requested a Saturday delivery, paid the up charge and received one of four (4) packages. More calls to the dealer and another "Sorry we dropped the ball."
    Today is Monday. I received two (2) more packages, but not the critical parts, which have been lost by UPS. Now I'm told to contact UPS tomorrow or to place another order, there is nothing they can do.

    I was and will continue to be polite and professional when dealing with these people, however, I needed to vent and did that on this forum, as I'm sure many others have in the past.

    What I may not have made clear is that I am working with the state DOT, town engineers, and contractors who destroyed over 1/2 acre of my land, and then failed to properly repair the land. My part in this tale is to till that half acre, and I have until the end of this week to get it done. All this and no yelling. Gee, will wonders never cease.


    I expected many people to reply with their tales of woe, some in favor of UPS, some in favor FedEx. We all have shipping stories, and I hear them every day, but like I said, I needed to vent, I did, and I felt better.

    What I didn't expect was a sermon from someone who knows nothing about me or my life. How pretentious of you to assume you know me based on a low number of posts, and how dare you tell me how to behave in the real world, pass judgment on my demise, and perhaps even reply with a veiled threat concerning saving my life.

    I feel sorry for you, now knowing my post triggered some memory of traumatic experiences you had to deal with as a child. And how sad it is that your father had no friends. But that's you, not me. Staying calm? I'm pretty sure that having lived my hell as a combat veteran in Vietnam I'm quite capable of remaining calm under the most extreme circumstances. Should this whole event have upset me. Of course it should have. I'm human, I'm the customer, and I paid good money for a service I didn't receive. And in the end we're all human aren't we. So keep in mind that only god and the people who know you best can pass judgment on what type of humans we are.

    MAGA, and have a great day!!

    BobL

    US Navy combat veteran, recon
    Vietnam 70'-73', USN 70'-78'

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BOBL For This Useful Post:

    130Oxbow (08-28-2018)

  14. Top | #10
    BOBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Location
    Boston north east
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I have had much worse experiences with FedEx than I've ever had with UPS but it seems everyone's experiences are very different.

    A couple of years ago I order a couple of things and they got shipped FedEx. I needed them for a Tuesday evening event and I watched their tracking site and it showed they were on the truck for delivery on Tuesday morning. I checked again at about 2pm and it showed they had been delivered. I looked around outside and couldn't find any package. Asked neighbors on both sides and the package wasn't delivered to them either.

    So I called FedEx and asked if they could contact the driver and see where he put it. They got a hold of him and he claimed he put in right in front of my garage. That would be fine except... I didn't have a garage. So they called the driver back and the driver tells them he dropped the package in front of a garage on the other side of town because, according to him, he'd been delivering packages in my town for 20 years and the street listed on the package doesn't exist.

    It took 20 minutes of arguing with the dispatch person to get them to look at Google maps and find that my street DOES in fact exist. For whatever reason, no one at FedEx was willing to accept that I knew the name of the street I lived on. At that point they decided that the driver was to far away to go back, pick the package up and deliver it to me so they would do that the following day. But they wouldn't tell me the exact address they delivered it to.

    By that point I was fit to be tied. And then my phone rang and it was a woman who lived across town telling me that there was a package for me on her front porch. So I drove over there myself and retrieved the package.

    I'll take UPS over FedEx any day!
    Agreed, 100%, except FedEx is the better carrier in this area. None of them are perfect, and I also go along with whatever part of the country you live in will make a difference. One thing I had a very hard time accepting was the UPS agent telling me that even though they had a tracking number, and even though they knew where the parts were logged last, they couldn't do anything for me.
    Last edited by BOBL; 08-28-2018 at 12:04 AM.

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •