A NEW Type Of Tire Repair,,,
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree42Likes
  • 5 Post By CADplans
  • 6 Post By 2LaneCruzer
  • 9 Post By PJR832
  • 9 Post By JimR
  • 6 Post By Robnik
  • 4 Post By Robnik
  • 3 Post By MDrew

Thread: A NEW Type Of Tire Repair,,,

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Location
    Near Roa. VA
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 440 Times in 340 Posts

    A NEW Type Of Tire Repair,,,

    The tweel will be old hat when this comes out,,,
    maybe beyond tires, they could make hydraulic hoses out of the same stuff,,,

    Self-repairing material plucks carbon from the air

    What do you want made out of this stuff??

    I KNOW the sub-compact owners want the air filter housing made out of it,,,
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

    buckteeth445(10-15-2018)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:21 PM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,355
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 511 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    The tweel will be old hat when this comes out,,,
    maybe beyond tires, they could make hydraulic hoses out of the same stuff,,,

    Self-repairing material plucks carbon from the air

    What do you want made out of this stuff??

    I KNOW the sub-compact owners want the air filter housing made out of it,,,
    Amazing. However, if they just left the chloroplasts in the original plant, they would still take carbon from the air and wouldn't undergo any processing. But...if you took chloroplasts from the Cannabis plant, made tires out of them, when the tires got old, you could grind them up and smoke them! Cool! But...I guess that just puts all that carbon back in the air. Shucks.

    Seriously though, sounds like it has a lot of potential. The article was a bit wanting on details...such as the substance created to make the repair...but I would think items like fan belts, certain gaskets, etc. might benefit from this technology, provided the substance of the repair was similar to the original.
    BigJim55, CADplans, Robnik and 3 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

  5. Top | #3
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    11,396
    Thanks
    1,904
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Amazing. However, if they just left the chloroplasts in the original plant, they would still take carbon from the air and wouldn't undergo any processing. But...if you took chloroplasts from the Cannabis plant, made tires out of them, when the tires got old, you could grind them up and smoke them! Cool! But...I guess that just puts all that carbon back in the air. Shucks.

    Seriously though, sounds like it has a lot of potential. The article was a bit wanting on details...such as the substance created to make the repair...but I would think items like fan belts, certain gaskets, etc. might benefit from this technology, provided the substance of the repair was similar to the original.
    Or you could just throw the tires on the burn pile and let the whole neighborhood enjoy I mean, no need to be selfish.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:58 AM
    Location
    Berlin, MA
    Posts
    4,676
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 880 Times in 674 Posts
    Tires and hoses? Pffft! How about making roofing materials out of this stuff? Spray it on your roof and it could become self-sealing if you ever got a leak. Or they could spray a 2"-3" thick layer of it on roads. No more potholes!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

  8. Top | #5
    Robnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Location
    Deleon Springs Florida
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 133 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Tires and hoses? Pffft! How about making roofing materials out of this stuff? Spray it on your roof and it could become self-sealing if you ever got a leak. Or they could spray a 2"-3" thick layer of it on roads. No more potholes!
    Now those are some great applications.
    BigJim55, CADplans, RonPol and 3 others like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

  9. Top | #6
    Robnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Location
    Deleon Springs Florida
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 133 Times in 123 Posts
    I can think of hundreds of uses for it. Landscaping material, car seats, furniture, tarps, pool covers. Well maybe not hundreds, how about several.
    BigJim55, CADplans, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

  10. Top | #7
    MDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Location
    S.E. WI
    Posts
    3,992
    Thanks
    283
    Thanked 639 Times in 414 Posts
    It says it could be used for building materials. Great for drive by shootings. The house could just fix it self.

    Seriously, pretty cool stuff. Almost cold fusion.
    CADplans, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    Mike

    Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

    300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

  11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts