Pie Social at church this evening.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Pie Social at church this evening.

  1. Top | #1
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,513
    Thanks
    3,303
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts

    Pie Social at church this evening.

    Yesterday , my wifes Great Aunt (92 or 93) and her daughter was cleaning cabinets and rest of kitchen plus another neighbor . Another cousin , our neighbors son and myself carrier in the back rooms items upstairs to put the church back together.
    Yesterday while there found the kitchen faucets were leaking, need to get a repair kit for it now. Well after the first of the week.
    This afternoon, wife and I took things over she had baked , while there our neighbor comes in from the upstairs. He asked why we had the door locked. Told him we just came in the door and it wasn't locked. Yep not locked, something inside the door lock broke , works from inside not from outside.
    Made a quick trip home , thankfully ( Thank you God) had a old still useable lock set. After about 15 mins had the lockset changed and ready for the evening. Just wondering ,,,,,,,NOW WHAT ELSE WILL BREAK !!!!

    This is our bigger fundraiser , have made over $2500.00 , don't know about tonight. When I was changing the lockset temps 28-29° ,,temp now 15° guessing wind chill near or below 0°. Plus we picked up 2" of more snow now total of 3 or more and still a light snow and blowing so hard . At times I can't see the flag in the flower bed 10' from the house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2076.JPG   DSCN2077.JPG   DSCN2078.JPG   DSCN2079.JPG  
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Bubber and 2 others like this.
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Wish that I was closer. I'd have baked some pies to add to the collection!! Awesome work, ET!!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

    If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

    Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to farmgirl19 For This Useful Post:

    etcallhome (02-14-2015)

  5. Top | #3
    blue87fj60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    2,696
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 356 Times in 278 Posts
    Floors?
    Where's the pics of the pies??
    The custard, the Pecan, the Lemon merangeee?
    etcallhome and ColonyPark like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,477
    Thanks
    5,853
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    I now want a piece of Lemon Meringue pie. Thanks all.
    etcallhome and Brians2032R like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  8. Top | #5
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I now want a piece of Lemon Meringue pie. Thanks all.
    I can make one and send it, but the meringue would probably be flat by the time it arrived. Wish I would have known ahead of time, I could have made one for ET's church sale, and one for y'all!!
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and Brians2032R like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

    If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

    Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

  9. Top | #6
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,513
    Thanks
    3,303
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Sorry for not taking any photos before the sale , but here are a few items we still had at the house . Plus a picture of a few things I bought, my wife gave the neighbors grandaughter the single layer decorated cake she make and I bought. Not a Lemon Meringue pie to be found this evening, only a few apple, cherry, coconut cream and a chocolate pecan pie cake. If anyone goes to pinterest website the one girl gets a lot of ideas from that site.
    The cupcakes I bought ,,,oh so good. She makes a Chocolate Reeses Peanut butter cake ,,,OH It IS REALLY , REALLY GOOD. Knew the grandkids wasn't going to be around or I would have bought it also.

    The home made bread my wife made, the heart sugar cookies my MIL made, the chocolate bacon cupcakes a friend made ,only pd $40.00 and as you can tell the homemade candy some of it is the left overs from the pan ( wife made it also).

    The MIL Chocolate cake /with chocolate icing on the sides and German chocolate coconut ,walnut frosting on the top usually sells for $150-250.00 tonight $75.00 Had a fair size crowd just not the usual size , because of the cold nasty weather. Guessing somewhere around $1000.00 tonight as we said better than nothing.

    Main thing we all had a good time and fellowship , bidding against each other , at one point 3 people from the same family was bidding against we other.
    A local auctioneer was doing the auction and had a hard time keeping from laughing at that point.

    Ok everyone time for bed or a trip to the Kitchen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2084.JPG   DSCN2085.JPG   DSCN2086.JPG   DSCN2087.JPG  
    Gizmo2, Vern1026R and farmgirl19 like this.
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  10. Top | #7
    ddinham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Eastern Kansas
    Posts
    3,608
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 500 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Sorry for not taking any photos before the sale , but here are a few items we still had at the house . Plus a picture of a few things I bought, my wife gave the neighbors grandaughter the single layer decorated cake she make and I bought. Not a Lemon Meringue pie to be found this evening, only a few apple, cherry, coconut cream and a chocolate pecan pie cake. If anyone goes to pinterest website the one girl gets a lot of ideas from that site.
    The cupcakes I bought ,,,oh so good. She makes a Chocolate Reeses Peanut butter cake ,,,OH It IS REALLY , REALLY GOOD. Knew the grandkids wasn't going to be around or I would have bought it also.

    The home made bread my wife made, the heart sugar cookies my MIL made, the chocolate bacon cupcakes a friend made ,only pd $40.00 and as you can tell the homemade candy some of it is the left overs from the pan ( wife made it also).

    The MIL Chocolate cake /with chocolate icing on the sides and German chocolate coconut ,walnut frosting on the top usually sells for $150-250.00 tonight $75.00 Had a fair size crowd just not the usual size , because of the cold nasty weather. Guessing somewhere around $1000.00 tonight as we said better than nothing.

    Main thing we all had a good time and fellowship , bidding against each other , at one point 3 people from the same family was bidding against we other.
    A local auctioneer was doing the auction and had a hard time keeping from laughing at that point.

    Ok everyone time for bed or a trip to the Kitchen

    Kitchen first!!!! Bed later..... Send me some of that chocolate Pecan Pie. That is the best Pecan Pie.

    Dave
    etcallhome likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

  11. Top | #8
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,513
    Thanks
    3,303
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Kitchen first!!!! Bed later..... Send me some of that chocolate Pecan Pie. That is the best Pecan Pie.

    Dave
    Guessing you have had that. The first year this girl made the bacon cupcakes they went for $10 or $15 tonight $35 and $40.

    I think the Pecan cake was only $25.00 , If I had know I could have bought it and sent it to you. Of course I would have had to try a piece ,,FIRST
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  12. Top | #9
    ddinham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Eastern Kansas
    Posts
    3,608
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 500 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Guessing you have had that. The first year this girl made the bacon cupcakes they went for $10 or $15 tonight $35 and $40.

    I think the Pecan cake was only $25.00 , If I had know I could have bought it and sent it to you. Of course I would have had to try a piece ,,FIRST

    Well then, I would likely have never received it because you cannot stop at one piece.

    Dave
    etcallhome and farmgirl19 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

  13. Top | #10
    HydroHarold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    3,554
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 332 Times in 253 Posts

    Pie$

    I actually "work for pie". My neighbor works at a place that makes the best apple storebought pies I've ever had (In fact they are as good as Aunt Babe's were!). Since I won't take any cash money for plowing, every so often (too often for my waistline!) one of those pies shows up at my door. I make very sure I do a really really good job of plowing that place out!!!

    (I guess I can say I "get pie from the sky".)
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

    '04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

    "...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

    NRA Life Member

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroHarold For This Useful Post:

    etcallhome (02-14-2015)

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •