What's happening to Amazon Prime lately?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: What's happening to Amazon Prime lately?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts

What's happening to Amazon Prime lately?

I originally signed up for Amazon Prime because there were some medical items that they would only sell to Prime members. I know, BS right? Anyway, since then I've made plenty of use of the 2-day shipping especially when ordering repair parts for various things. In most cases, the parts delivery is faster than what I can get locally.

Anyway, I'm about this close > < to cancelling Prime altogether. I've noticed that starting about 2 months ago Prime 2-day deliveries rarely arrive in 2-days anymore. You can order something on Wed. that has the Prime label and then get a message it will arrive NEXT Tuesday. I just ordering a plumbing part for the kitchen sink that was listed as Prime and as shipping from Amazon and now come to find out it will not arrive until NEXT Friday (11/16). Umm... that's not Prime 2-day in my book.

With the pressure of other on-line retailers offering attractive shipping deals you would think Amazon would keep their Prime hand strong - I mean after all, we have to PAY for this "free 2-day shipping".

I never did watch many movies as part of the Prime deal even though I have a Roku device so the shipping is all I care about.

Anyone else having disappointing results with Prime lately?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    I have noticed this very thing. Shipping times on the item say one thing, then the actual ship date is completely different during checkout. Very frustrating to say the least.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Add to that - everybody gets the free shipping now on everything - no need for the prime membership thing. I bet that pisses a lot of people off that spent $120......
    Carvel Loafer, RonPol and Robnik like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Add to that - everybody gets the free shipping now on everything - no need for the prime membership thing. I bet that pisses a lot of people off that spent $120......
    That was my first thought when I heard the deal on the TV but I see they are extending free 1-day shipping on some items to Prime members. But... given my experience with Prime lately I wouldn't count on that 1-day arriving on time.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I think they're using a technicality -- the items still have two day shipping, but the ship date is delayed or undefined so it's not the same as two day delivery. We should protest designation of these items as 'Prime' since nobody really cares about transit time -- we just want to know when the items will arrive. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to submit Amazon feedback this morning.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/contact...=csl_contactus
    jgayman, OxPath, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 1,103 Posts
    I originally signed up for Amazon Prime because there were some medical items that they would only sell to Prime members. I know, BS right? Anyway, since then I've made plenty of use of the 2-day shipping especially when ordering repair parts for various things. In most cases, the parts delivery is faster than what I can get locally.

Anyway, I'm about this close > < to cancelling Prime altogether. I've noticed that starting about 2 months ago Prime 2-day deliveries rarely arrive in 2-days anymore. You can order something on Wed. that has the Prime label and then get a message it will arrive NEXT Tuesday. I just ordering a plumbing part for the kitchen sink that was listed as Prime and as shipping from Amazon and now come to find out it will not arrive until NEXT Friday (11/16). Umm... that's not Prime 2-day in my book.

With the pressure of other on-line retailers offering attractive shipping deals you would think Amazon would keep their Prime hand strong - I mean after all, we have to PAY for this "free 2-day shipping".

I never did watch many movies as part of the Prime deal even though I have a Roku device so the shipping is all I care about.

i haven't ordered anything as of late................but back when i did i noticed it didn't arrive in the 2 days like i thought it should have. wife wants to cancel it-but i watch .........now i can't think of the channel that comes with prime winter is here so i'll start watching that channel more again.
    OxPath and Robnik like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    I think they're using a technicality -- the items still have two day shipping, but the ship date is delayed or undefined so it's not the same as two day delivery. We should protest designation of these items as 'Prime' since nobody really cares about transit time -- we just want to know when the items will arrive. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to submit Amazon feedback this morning.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/contact...=csl_contactus
    Maybe I have always read this wrong, but...I thought it always said 2 day shipping - not 2 day arrival. To me 2 day shipping means it will leave their door within 2 days - not arrive.

What happened to you with the medical supplies comes close to pure extortion in my eyes.

And I need to say this because as some of you know I’ve always been vocal about my dislike of “Prime”. I am not an Amazon hater - in fact I buy more than 1/2 of what I buy online from them. It’s just I find the Prime thing for $120 a real waste of money. The $25 or even $35 minimum for free shipping is easy to come up with. I always have a few things in my cart like frequent household supplies to make up an order for free shipping.

As an example - I buy my dog food from Amazon - last time was 2 weeks ago. I ordered it on a Tuesday night and it arrived at my house on Friday via UPS. Basically 2 working days from order to receipt. And I do not have Prime. Same goes with the coffe I order every other month.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Maybe I have always read this wrong, but...I thought it always said 2 day shipping - not 2 day arrival. To me 2 day shipping means it will leave their door within 2 days - not arrive.
    Stan, I'm pretty sure it's always been worded "2 day shipping", and it used to be just that quick. My wife canceled her prime about a month ago because she started noticing the same thing. One order I placed took 8 days, from an Amazon warehouse, I know that makes a difference as well whether it ships from an Amazon warehouse or a vendor. Just wait, it's only going to get worse with the massive shortage of truck drivers that the country is facing, who's actually going to move the freight.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    However the wording, for the past 2-3 years whenever I ordered something that was designated PRIME it was at the doorstep 2 days later - unless otherwise "clearly" noted at checkout. Even if the 2nd day was a Sunday it arrived in the mailbox. That's why it is so frustrating now because you get to really rely on that 2-day delivery especially for critical items like repair parts or some kind of medical supply.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    However the wording, for the past 2-3 years whenever I ordered something that was designated PRIME it was at the doorstep 2 days later - unless otherwise "clearly" noted at checkout. Even if the 2nd day was a Sunday it arrived in the mailbox. That's why it is so frustrating now because you get to really rely on that 2-day delivery especially for critical items like repair parts or some kind of medical supply.
    Same experience here. I usually wait to order till I have several items, all Prime, and any more they will usually come in separate deliveries, strung out over 2 - 5 days. Also irks me that when I place the order I record the total cost, but when I get the CC bill there is no corresponding single charge, there are multiple separate charges for each item, depending on when they filled the order. Really screws up my book-keeping.

We have started using WalMart's free 2 day shipping over $35 on some items that we buy on a regular basis, and I'll have to say so far, they have never failed to arrive in 2 days. Now I have probably jinxed that.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast