What's it Look Like Outside Your Office Window?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: What's it Look Like Outside Your Office Window?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Thanks

What's it Look Like Outside Your Office Window?

The building I work in is a converted nursing home. My office is in the basement. We have a small wing for the transportation dept. I like being in the basement. Some of the people we serve stop by daily, it's always interesting to talk to them. The organization was founded by Franciscan Nuns 140 some years ago. Behind the build is a small wood. Maybe a quarter mile long by 200 yards wide, backed by farm fields.

When I started there 2 years ago I thought the wood was a nice view. Once in awhile I'd see some wild life out there. The turkey's occasionally roast in the trees. Fun to watch them come down out of the trees. Long story short, I said we should put a feeder outside the window. Chad the mechanic made a little feeder. We put cracked corn in it when some one thinks of it. I was surprised to see a cardinal pair stop by, squirrels, opossum one day, just a real variety of birds at different times.

So, here's what it looks like outside my office window. What's it look like outside of yours?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turkeys.jpg  
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Thought this was a trick at first, like you were just seeing if I'd go to work today.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    The turkey's occasionally roast in the trees.

I have never seen roast turkey in trees, but it sure would be timely with Thanksgiving coming up.

That is a great view.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, my office window faces Becker College and all I get to see are the girls that want to be graduates.. I know that sounds great but there are times I would rather see the cardinals, turkeys and deer like at home,, and the language these kids have?????... If you get my drift. I consider you lucky to have that view. I would love a nice pristine view with wildlife than any rushing hub bub loud bothersome constant vehicle moving daily drone of sound I have now... But I have 11 months to retirement so my wish will come true soon! We live in the woods and I love it.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tj1 For This Useful Post:

mark02tj (11-17-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks
    Hmm. It's been nearly 20 years since I had an office window; but as I recall correctly, I could see what used to be the old Bell Telephone building and is now the Oklahoma City University Law School. On the other side was the Journal Record Building and the Survivor Tree.

My office, is (was) the first building North of the Journal Record building; the Survivor tree is just South of the JR building. I used to walk downtown for lunch sometimes; I could never walk on the side of the street where the fence with all the teddy bears and such were located. Our building originally contained, I believe, the Long Distance Bell Telephone service; it was heavily damaged in the blast. The state bought the building and refurbished it and we moved in about 1997, before the Memorial was finished.

Oklahoma City Memorial, comparing then and now - YouTube
    Last edited by 2LaneCruzer; 11-17-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    ColonyPark, MDrew, Levi and 9 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    I have never seen roast turkey in trees, but it sure would be timely with Thanksgiving coming up.

That is a great view.
    It gets really hot here in the sommer. 1 letter sure makes a difference.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

10. Top | #7
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    It gets really hot here in the sommer. 1 letter sure makes a difference.
    Go get em Mike…. I get it too for spelling mistakes.... I'm old what can I say, we never had phonics..
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Thought this was a trick at first, like you were just seeing if I'd go to work today.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post

That is a great view.
    u know i am not a great speller too.so when i read about the roasted turkey i just thought it meant roosting in the trees. never in a million yrs did i think of cooking the bird, but i got to say it made laugh my butt off, after i realized what it should of been.

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    Go get em Mike…. I get it too for spelling mistakes.... I'm old what can I say, we never had phonics..
    so in 3rd grade if i could of had phonics back then, i too would of became a better speller -huh.English was not one of my better subjects. never could really get why one word needed another word to help it out.
    .................................................. ...................

my office was either a semi--or a piece of heavy equipment in my lifetime. no real structure to speak of.

so i got to see all kinds of things over the yrs. wildlife running across the strip job, bears, saw a real live Fisher as i ran to get back in my dozer. no fear of our dozer's from it-it even walked underneath my buddies dozer(a d-11n) while it was running.

same job--i used to take our bagged garbage along to the job, to bury it. well one night in the fall, when we quit, walked up to my truck--and all along the one side of bed-was paw prints- on the tailgate and bumper was same thing, i often wondered if the bear could of got his rear leg up--he could of got inside the bed, and tore into the bag of garbage.

everyone claimed the bear wanted my old cherry pie wrappers, that i always threw in the bed back then.. one day in daylight, a bear wandered across the back filled part of the job, boss and all the daylight crew, claimed he had several old cherry pie wrappers in his mouth, that day.

they thought for sure he was hunting the fella who was buying them pies. i guess he thought they was as good, as i did-huh.

looking out the window of a truck, while stuck in traffic, in a major city----well...............let ur minds wander..............
    ColonyPark, ChrisR, MDrew and 9 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    My office is a car, so it changes all the time.
    Being in a rural area, it makes for great sunrises and sunsets!
    ColonyPark, MDrew, Levi and 9 others like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    From which window do you want to see? I have many to pick from. Here is one of them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0240.JPG  
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast