Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Well I値l be warm now in the shop

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Thanks

Well I値l be warm now in the shop

Wife just let me order myself a Christmas present. Got a nice propane torpedo heater for the shop. I値l be able to set it next to where I知 working and not freeze.

Big plus will be using it when my done and I are installing his fast hitch on his cub Christmas Morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gizmo2, fdmars, pcabe5 and 8 others like this.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    It will be just like being on the sideline of a football game.
    Gizmo2, Levi, OxPath and 3 others like this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60 Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Thanks
    This is the heater I have. Slight bigger and really noisy, but it sure heats up my detached 3 car garage. It may be portable, but lugging that 100lb propane tank around would not be called portable.

Dave

Click image for larger version.

Name:	heater.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	658152
    Gizmo2, Levi, OxPath and 4 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    I considered one of those at one time. They consume a LOT of propane. And if the temperature is really low they want you to use a 100 lb. cylinder. I ended up with a small 70,000 BTU kerosene unit.
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 60,000 btu Reddy brand kerosene heater. It would get my uninsulated 24x36 shop as warm as I wanted it.
    I still have it, but rarely use it. Im currently in the process of insulating walls and adding a ceiling, so it will be much easier to heat, but last year I switched to my 220V electric heater and a 23000 BTU kerosene heater (non-powered type).
    That worked well enough last year, and I expect (hope) that after Im done with the walls and ceiling, Ill only use that one sparingly.
    I only keep it above freezing in there so my chemicals dont have issues, and raise the temp if Im going to be working.

One thing to keep an eye on, any unvented fuel burning heater, natural gas, propane, kerosene, all add a LOT of moisture to the air. Basically, any heater without a chimney/flue pipe does this. When you raise the temp, you will get condensation on metal objects, the more moisture, the faster/worse this can be. Most times its not a big deal, but I dont really like my tools rusting, which is why I went away from the big heater. That and the noise...

Now if I were a smart guy, Id have run two trenches when I ran power out there, and put a gas line in the second one...but I wasnt thinking ahead at the time, so now Ill have to figure out another path for it should I decide to do that, which I probably wont.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have a small one of those. I get about 5 hours on low with a thirty-pounder.

I stopped using them though because the condensation inside the garage after everything cooled back down was unreal.
    Gizmo2, Levi and Herminator like this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

9. Top | #7
    tj1
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 12:43 PM
    Thanks
    Just watch the CO in the garage if you use it a lot... Get a CO detector please so we keep you around...
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    Just watch the CO in the garage if you use it a lot... Get a CO detector please so we keep you around...
    Always. That isn稚 something to mess around with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Kennyd, Levi, tj1 and 2 others like this.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J3 Driver For This Useful Post:

tj1(11-23-2018)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:40 PM
    Thanks
    Years ago at work I rented the front section of a 30k sq ft building. The business around back decided to modify a similar heater with a thermostat, running it all winter.
    I opened my business one Monday morning and there was my pet shop cat by the door, dead from CO.
    Guy (owner) around back had their furnace repaired, I never got over my pet dying that way.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    buckteeth445 likes this.

13. Top | #10
    tj1
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 12:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenhills1952 View Post
    Years ago at work I rented the front section of a 30k sq ft building. The business around back decided to modify a similar heater with a thermostat, running it all winter.
    I opened my business one Monday morning and there was my pet shop cat by the door, dead from CO.
    Guy (owner) around back had their furnace repaired, I never got over my pet dying that way.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    I can't click a like on this post but it shows you CO doesn't pick and choose who it can kill.. Sorry about your pet, I would feel the same.
    I stress with my job as an inspector the necessity of CO detectors in any environment. I have two in my barn one on each level, one in my garage and two in my home on each level along with smokes in my house. I almost died once when I was 20 years old while hunting with my father in law up in Vermont because he used to use the Holiday camper propane stove for heat,,,, I had a hard time breathing and had a massive headache and got up from bed and opened the door and when I did the stove which was burning a very low flickering yellow flame rose to a nice blue flame and if I didn't get up neither of us would have... There wasn't much oxygen left in the camper... You can bet after that experience I never went with him again and I learned the dangers of CO..
    We used to read about "parkers" getting CO poisoning while keeping their car running in the winter but it never dawned on me it could also happen to me.
    Respect CO. I do.
    Last edited by tj1; 11-24-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast