Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Green talk convention?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 10:54 AM
    Thanks

Green talk convention?

Not that anyone would have time to do this but has anyone thought to have a Green Tractor Talk convention? I know it is a crazy idea but it would be kind of neat to meet some of the characters on the forms. Members could bring some of there own inventions and equipment if feasible. You could even open it up to certain vendor's that if promised a certain number of members to show up may even pay to have a place to permote their equipment. It would be like our own little expo. I get the impression that most of the heavy users are retired and if you had it in the winter the landscapers and lawn care guys would have more time to attend. I would be interested in meeting and hearing the story of some of the members. Even if a few hundred showed up it would still be worth it to me. We need someone like a big farmer (to host) with a large shop close enough to a city with hotels for places to stay and eat. We would all wear our user names so we know who's who. You could choose a location that is in the middle of the aera with the most members. Get a few like tractor time with Tim involved and I bet you could get some traction on this. You would want to send out emails and advertise at the top of each form so everyone knows where and when. Then see if there is enough interest to pursue it. Could even sell tickets to pay for whatever is needed.
    Kennyd, glc, fdmars and 5 others like this.
    1025r (The Baby Tractor or the Mistress as the wife calls it) FILB with pallet forks, Front Quick Hitch with 54'' Snow Plow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    A GTT convention would be pretty neat and I'd definitely make an effort to attend. I don't see it happening though, as the number of members who would be inclined to attend and who are free of other commitments at the time, is probably a very small number.

The closest thing right now is probably the annual National Farm Machinery Show. I remember from last year's thread that quite a few members were able to meet up. I heard KennyD bought everyone lunch.
    Kennyd, glc, DRobinson and 8 others like this.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    A GTT convention would be pretty neat and I'd definitely make an effort to attend. I don't see it happening though, as the number of members who would be inclined to attend and who are free of other commitments at the time, is probably a very small number.

The closest thing right now is probably the annual National Farm Machinery Show. I remember from last year's thread that quite a few members were able to meet up. I heard KennyD bought everyone lunch.
    i hope to be able to attend this, this yr. missed it last yr. same as the New York show u fellas went to-oxpath.

going to book a room, for one night, spend 2 days there.

hoping to try a pork chop sammich too
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,979 Times in 2,483 Posts
    Doing at a farm show makes the most sence since the venue is already taken care of. We’ll be at both the NFMS and EFD again next year.

We did buy dinner one night last year at the NFMS for a big crowd, lunch is bit hectic there.
    glc, DRobinson, fdmars and 8 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    We did buy dinner one night last year at the NFMS for a big crowd, lunch is bit hectic there.
    Seriously? I was just kidding about the lunch. Count me in for this year's show ... and dinner. Can I bunk in your room too?
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    .. Can I bunk in your room too?

um...that would be a big no!

You NY guys are always overstepping

Yup, BoltOnHooks bought a big dinner one night at a local steakhouse. TTWT and family, the two brother from R2 Manufacturing, Ilmo and his lovely wife, Jason (dieselshadow) and his lovely wife. I hope I’m not forgoting anyone!

It was our pleasure and we are blessed to be able to do it, and I hope we can do it again this year too.
    glc, DRobinson, fdmars and 13 others like this.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

ilmo (12-04-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Thanks
    Am planning on attending next year.......getting new knee so I can walk aroung
    Will book my own room....any suggestions?
    glc, Superglidesport, Levi and 4 others like this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fdmars View Post
    Am planning on attending next year.......getting new knee so I can walk aroung
    Will book my own room....any suggestions?
    EFD or NFMS?

We generally stay at Holiday Inn Express’s whenever possible. The one In Geneva for EFD, and the one about 5 miles away at NFMS.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Thanks
    Did not know there were two...want to go to the big farm show....in central upstate NY
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    You NY guys are always overstepping
    I know what you mean. That darn Gizmo gives us all a bad reputation.
    Kennyd, glc, DRobinson and 6 others like this.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (12-04-2018)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast