George HW Bush, 41st President of the United States
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree52Likes
  • 14 Post By HomesteadJoe
  • 10 Post By Fozsey
  • 3 Post By mark02tj
  • 4 Post By 2LaneCruzer
  • 7 Post By etcallhome
  • 5 Post By mark02tj
  • 5 Post By mark02tj
  • 4 Post By DRobinson

Thread: George HW Bush, 41st President of the United States

  1. Top | #1
    HomesteadJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Location
    Southwestern Connecticut
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 275 Times in 198 Posts

    George HW Bush, 41st President of the United States

    I was watching Fox News tonight when this image flashed across the screen. He was a good man and great president! RIP HW

    Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DADE5217-B055-498F-A71F-A063A2E91A5C_1544138475695.jpeg
    Kennyd, glc, etcallhome and 11 others like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Xmission Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket, Tooth Bar, Single Point Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, WR Long 3rd Function Hyd, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger with Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Fozsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 165 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    I was watching Fox News tonight when this image flashed across the screen. He was a good man and great president! RIP HW

    Sincerely
    A first class human being and a fine patriot to boot. You will be missed sir.


    ~Brian~

    1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)


    Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help


  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:30 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,295
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 778 Times in 563 Posts
    That's a great picture!!

    I was looking at the logo on the jacket of the guy to the left of him. Looks like an "AK Steel" logo and it might be in the shape of the State of Ohio. AK's headquarters and a steel processing plant are about 8 miles south of me. I tried a quick Google search to see if he ever visited there, but didn't see anything.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,268
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 497 Times in 355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    That's a great picture!!

    I was looking at the logo on the jacket of the guy to the left of him. Looks like an "AK Steel" logo and it might be in the shape of the State of Ohio. AK's headquarters and a steel processing plant are about 8 miles south of me. I tried a quick Google search to see if he ever visited there, but didn't see anything.
    You never know...but I'm betting he did...

    George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush's Ohio roots run deep
    Have wings, will travel.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2LaneCruzer For This Useful Post:

    mark02tj(12-07-2018)

  8. Top | #5
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,223
    Thanks
    3,231
    Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Not taking anything from the original post, but found some papers of him being in Morgantown WV when he was VP
    These are a few of the items a Secret Service agent gave me , after being with the agents for 2 or 3 days before he arrived.
    Cannot remember the agents name ,but this man was BIG. Close to 6' 8" , he had to duck his head walking into the motel room ,plus kinda turn to one side because the with of his shoulders. I've only used the ink pen maybe 5 times since I received it that day, I tried it today and it still writes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181207_092410767[2].jpg IMG_20181207_092549657[1].jpg IMG_20181207_092706071[1].jpg IMG_20181207_092759140[1].jpg IMG_20181207_092853878[1].jpg

    IMG_20181207_093012005[1].jpg
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

    mark02tj(12-07-2018)

  10. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:30 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,295
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 778 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    You never know...but I'm betting he did...

    George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush's Ohio roots run deep
    I read that article last night. There was a link in it to a lot of pictures of Bush in Ohio. Nothing specific to AK Steel though. BUT... there was a picture of him at "The Pine Club". The Pine Club is a great steakhouse in Dayton (actually, Oakwood - which is the Old Money suburb of Dayton) - I've only been there once and that was when a client picked up the tab! Anyway, The Pine Club doesn't take reservations no matter who you are. Back when Bush was still VP, he and Barbara came to town to visit her niece that lives north of here. Long story short, Bush wanted a steak and ended up waiting 45 minutes to get a table. Here's a link to that story.

    Several years later ('95ish, during the Clinton years), the "Dayton Peace Talks" were being held at the local Air Force Base to try and stop the war in Bosnia. Part of the delegation called ahead for reservations at the Pine Club. They also found out about the "no reservations" policy and had to send a person ahead of the group to hold a place in line.

    =================

    I was able to listen to part of the funeral yesterday. Then I was able to watch part of it on C/SPAN last night (stayed up until after midnight) and only turned it off once they were getting ready to load his body on the train. Turned the TV back on this morning and C/SPAN was right at the point where they were unloading the casket from the hearse at the Presidential Library. I watched that part too. VERY MOVING!!

    From all appearances, they are just a great family!! Very close and supportive of each other. And, they seem to have a huge amount of class and grace. Just look at how close Bill Clinton and GHWB became in the past years even after a bitter campaign. And GWB and the Obama's seem to have a special relationship, even after (IMHO) Obama seemed to blame pretty much everything on GWB for most of his 8 years in office. Contrast all of that to HRC's actions at the funeral held in Washington DC when the current President sat down in the pew. (Not trying to get political here - I understand if the mods move or delete)
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  11. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:30 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,295
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 778 Times in 563 Posts
    VERY COOL stuff, Gene!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

    etcallhome(12-07-2018)

  13. Top | #8
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,366
    Thanks
    2,061
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I read that article last night. There was a link in it to a lot of pictures of Bush in Ohio. Nothing specific to AK Steel though. BUT... there was a picture of him at "The Pine Club". The Pine Club is a great steakhouse in Dayton (actually, Oakwood - which is the Old Money suburb of Dayton) - I've only been there once and that was when a client picked up the tab! Anyway, The Pine Club doesn't take reservations no matter who you are. Back when Bush was still VP, he and Barbara came to town to visit her niece that lives north of here. Long story short, Bush wanted a steak and ended up waiting 45 minutes to get a table. Here's a link to that story.

    Several years later ('95ish, during the Clinton years), the "Dayton Peace Talks" were being held at the local Air Force Base to try and stop the war in Bosnia. Part of the delegation called ahead for reservations at the Pine Club. They also found out about the "no reservations" policy and had to send a person ahead of the group to hold a place in line.

    =================

    I was able to listen to part of the funeral yesterday. Then I was able to watch part of it on C/SPAN last night (stayed up until after midnight) and only turned it off once they were getting ready to load his body on the train. Turned the TV back on this morning and C/SPAN was right at the point where they were unloading the casket from the hearse at the Presidential Library. I watched that part too. VERY MOVING!!

    From all appearances, they are just a great family!! Very close and supportive of each other. And, they seem to have a huge amount of class and grace. Just look at how close Bill Clinton and GHWB became in the past years even after a bitter campaign. And GWB and the Obama's seem to have a special relationship, even after (IMHO) Obama seemed to blame pretty much everything on GWB for most of his 8 years in office. Contrast all of that to HRC's actions at the funeral held in Washington DC when the current President sat down in the pew. (Not trying to get political here - I understand if the mods move or delete)
    Good post,Mark, I agree with you.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

    mark02tj(12-07-2018)

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts