Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: College football

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Thanks

College football

Love this time of the year with all the bowl games on television. I'm a diehard Buckeye and Big Ten fan. The one time a year I rout for Michigan, and right now they are letting me down. Let's go Blue!
    DRobinson, jdmich and PJR832 like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks
    Pita full game killing me. Go Blue
    jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Thanks
    Well, that was ugly. Didn't represent the Big 10 very well.
    DRobinson, Vern1026R and jdmich like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks
    Boy oh boy that was bad

See what MSU can do on Monday
    jdforever likes this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks

Who shows up

The fun of college games is to see which teams show up. Some teams just don't seem to handle the layoff, long wait etc. well and they either come out flat or so excited they forget how to play. If they play a team that's really ready to play, it's a lousy game.

Of course, sometimes the matchups just aren't even but realistically most teams that make it to a bowl game have the ability to play pretty good football. It's just that the elite teams do it every week and the also rans only play well some of the time. Part of that is the elite teams have 2-3 deep players that could start for anyone else so if the first string gets tired or injured, the second or third guy is just as good.

I didn't see the first part of the Alabama/Oklahoma game last night. It was 28-0 when I turned it on but I'll give Oklahoma a lot of credit. They played Bama even the rest of the game and crept back into it. Evidently they were too wound up at the start but once they decided to play, they were pretty good. Albama was just Bama, should go ahead and move to the NFL and be done with it.

Treefarmer
    DRobinson, jdforever and jdmich like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    The fun of college games is to see which teams show up. Some teams just don't seem to handle the layoff, long wait etc. well and they either come out flat or so excited they forget how to play. If they play a team that's really ready to play, it's a lousy game.

Of course, sometimes the matchups just aren't even but realistically most teams that make it to a bowl game have the ability to play pretty good football. It's just that the elite teams do it every week and the also rans only play well some of the time. Part of that is the elite teams have 2-3 deep players that could start for anyone else so if the first string gets tired or injured, the second or third guy is just as good.

I didn't see the first part of the Alabama/Oklahoma game last night. It was 28-0 when I turned it on but I'll give Oklahoma a lot of credit. They played Bama even the rest of the game and crept back into it. Evidently they were too wound up at the start but once they decided to play, they were pretty good. Albama was just Bama, should go ahead and move to the NFL and be done with it.

Treefarmer
    The first quarter of the Oklahoma/Alabama game was rather like watching the ferry sink with your '55 Chevy convertible on it. Pretty dismal...but they eventually did make a good account of themselves. There's a lot of "what ifs", but after all, the idea is to play all four quarters.
    Have wings, will travel.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Thanks
    OU/Bama was over in the first quarter. Bama players are just soo much better than everyone else. I believe the only reason OU got back in the game is the Bama players let off the gas. That's why we saw Saban destroying his headset, and berating players as they walked off the field. He know's what it takes to win titles, and he knows if they don't play a full 4 quarters of football, then can get beat.

I was hoping OU would show better...but their defense is just horrible. Good-God, I think Bama hit the slant-pass any time they needed a play.

I really think Clemson has the defense to take Bama. Going to be a fun game to watch.

Unfortunately for every other team in College Football, we are all playing for 3rd place until Saban and Dabo retire or are lured to the NFL.

I'm a Nebraska life long fan. Grew up watching T.Osborne get schooled by Switzer's OU teams year after year. Loved watching the 'Skers beat Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis and Dwayne the Rock Johnson in the Orange Bowl : )

Sad to see Urban Meyer leave thee B1G. Hoping Frost can get Nebraska contending for conference and national titles some day.
    jdforever and jdmich like this.
    2015 John Deere x750, 60" HC Deck
    1979 Lawn-Boy 7268 ("Frank")
    2007 Lawn-Boy 10797 ("Sally")

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 01:56 PM
    Thanks
    Not a fan of the bowl series. Prefer my national championships I guess... However, with how distorted the conferences are, even conference champs can vary a great deal in overall quality.

Either way, this Saturday it's horns up down in Frisco TX! Hail the herd! GO BISON!!
    jdforever likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutty72 For This Useful Post:

DaubsNU1 (01-03-2019)

12. Top | #9
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Well it's all over till it starts again in the fall. I'm talking college football. It's my favorite. I have been losing interest in the pros for a while now. I can't stand the whiny showboating look what I just did attitudes! As of late the college kids are doing it too. Needs to be a lid put on all this crap for sure!

Yeah I know there is still one more game!! I could care less which one wins. Well, actually, I'd like to see 'Bama fall! One thing for sure though. It's amazing how well the recruiting works down south!
    DRobinson and Treefarmer like this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Well it's all over till it starts again in the fall. I'm talking college football. It's my favorite. I have been losing interest in the pros for a while now. I can't stand the whiny showboating look what I just did attitudes! As of late the college kids are doing it too. Needs to be a lid put on all this crap for sure!

Yeah I know there is still one more game!! I could care less which one wins. Well, actually, I'd like to see 'Bama fall! One thing for sure though. It's amazing how well the recruiting works down south!
    I agree. I hate that crap after a score or a big hit. Some college players act like they are preparing for the NFL. I would much rather see them score a TD, hand the ball to the referee and head for the sideline. The BS really irritates me. I haven't seen an NFL game in over two years. The kneelers are the ones who sent me away and the BS and the kneelers have kept me away. NFL leadership hasn't helped any either.

But, I love college football. I won't be able to stay awake to see the championship game, but if I wake up to pee, I'll check the score. Otherwise, the score will have to wait until morning. I do like to see Alabama win though.
    glc, jdforever and CADplans like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast