Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: Your "Do-Over" Wish List?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks

Your "Do-Over" Wish List?

One of the events from my childhood for which I wanted a "do-over" ...

My brother got up early one morning and ate two cheescakes our mother had prepared for a social club meeting that day (yes, both of them!). She was not amused, and began putting bright yellow notes on everything that was off limits. I returned home late one evening to find dozens of fresh cookies on the kitchen counter, with a note that read "NO!!! Not even ONE!" I didn't eat any, but decided to be a wise guy and wrote on the bottom of her note "Did you count?" Well she had counted, and Dad was busted, thanks to me.

What is/was on your list?
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    "Did you count?" Well she had counted, and Dad was busted, thanks to me.
    etcallhome, Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    2018 1025R FIL 120R with Mauser Cab
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    BB2048L Box Blade
    AP10F 42" Pallet Fork
    AV20F 53" Root Grapple
    54" Front Snow Blower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    I was maybe 13 and my sister was 14. We were having a heated argument about who knows what and she was making me so mad! I picked up my skateboard and pretended to hit her over the head with it, stopping halfway. But I wasn't taking inertia and momentum into account, and while I stopped my hands halfway, the end of the skateboard kept going and hit her in the head. I'll never forget the look on her face... an "I can't believe you really did that" expression. I can only imagine the horrified look on mine. She later admitted it didn't hurt at all, but of course ran inside to take advantage of the opportunity to get me in trouble with mom and dad! I never picked up a skateboard in anger again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    I was maybe 13 and my sister was 14. We were having a heated argument about who knows what and she was making me so mad! I picked up my skateboard and pretended to hit her over the head with it, stopping halfway. But I wasn't taking inertia and momentum into account, and while I stopped my hands halfway, the end of the skateboard kept going and hit her in the head. I'll never forget the look on her face... an "I can't believe you really did that" expression. I can only imagine the horrified look on mine. She later admitted it didn't hurt at all, but of course ran inside to take advantage of the opportunity to get me in trouble with mom and dad! I never picked up a skateboard in anger again.
    I'm not sure I would take that one back. How else is a kid to learn about principles of science and physics without such experiments?
    (I'm sure your sister had plenty of other opportunities to get you in trouble, so one more probably made little difference, right?)
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Wish I had never married the wrong woman.
    Wish I had pursued either a military or government career.
    Wish I had the vision and patience to have obtained a minimum four year degree.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff B For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (01-27-2019)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 989 Posts
    Filled a quart mason jar with beetles I picked off a peony plant and dumped them down my sister's shirt. She wasn't amused.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    There's four of us kids. When I was about 6 or 7, my oldest sister who would have been 14 or 15 at the time, was put in charge of us other three while my parents were out for a bit. She was (and still is) kind of bossy! My brother and I were getting into some sort of mischief and she was banging on our bedroom door demanding to be let in. I had an elastic belt with a metal clip buckle. My brother (about 10 or 11) and I hooked one end of the belt on to the door handle and stretched that dude out! When we finally let her open the door, we let loose of the buckle and it hit her in the face - shattering her glasses! It's been 50 years and she's still PO'd!

==================

Same sister got married in 1974 when I was 12. After the ceremony and the reception, everyone was throwing the rice at the happy couple. They went walking down the street in front of the church and got in my BIL's car. There were still several little rice bags left over so I grabbed several of them and went running down the street and tossed them all into the open car window! They were still picking rice out of the carpet when they sold that car a few years later.
    etcallhome, Tomfive, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thinking about a "do-over"... a really interesting thought. I'm sure after I think about this for a while, I'll come up with more things. Most things I've done in the past usually goes, "I made a decision, good or bad, you can't go back, then just accept it and go on with life, do better next time".

That being said, one of my "regrets" would probably be that I never served in the military. When I was of age, we were in the middle of the Vietnam war, there weren't too many enlistees at that time. My lottery number was high enough that I wasn't called, and I was studying in college, so I actually never gave it another thought. Plus I didn't know many veterans at that time. My father, who was a master sergeant in WWII, told me that enlisting during the Vietnam era was not a very smart thing to do, and at that age, I took his advice without argument.

Flash forward many years, and I have met some veterans, heard from quite a few vets on GTT, and see how being in the military has enriched their lives. If I could do it all again, and be at a time we were not in very active war, I could see myself enlisting for a stint.

So my hat's off to all who serve/served in the military and especially those who serve/served in active wartime. But alas, I'm too old to go back and do something about it now.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (01-27-2019)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    OsRoy -

my youngest sibling is the only female after three older brothers. In our family, each successive child got away with more than the older ones did. My sister never missed an opportunity to rat me out to Mom and Dad for offenses real or imagined. She never really fully caught on that there was more fun to be had if she weren't such a tattle-tale. This behavior speaks volumes towards our 50+ year dysfunction, which will be put to the test again next weekend.

My do-overs?: 1) not marrying the first wife, 2) getting a master's degree, 3) loading the investment boat with Amazon stock in 1997, and 4) spending more time walking the property that we now own with my late F-I-L to learn more about it. All in all, I've been blessed with a great life and my run is not yet over,

Brian :bigbeer

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    Last edited by PikeCoGreenTractorMan; 01-27-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 12:26 PM
    Thanks
    I have too many to list but at the top it would be getting my Engineering degree from Devry instead of just an Assoc in Electronics.
    2017 JD 2038R, 220R Loader Heavy Bucket, Single Point Hydro
    60" MMM w/ Mulching Kit, JD iMatch, Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar,
    Custom Deck Dolly, Titan Forks, Strongway Plug Aerator,
    ECHO 58V Trimmer, Blower & Chainsaw, Ford F250,
    Jeep Grand Cherokee, 92 American Skier, 18 Lamar Tilt
    Deck Trailer

Brendan

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast