• 2 Post By ZachinCO
  • 3 Post By ChrisR

Thread: Live online auctions.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Thanks

Live online auctions.

Has anyone bid on an item in a live online auction?
    The auctions I have been I have attended, the bidding moves so fast, how could someone bit on line & not be behind the live bidding?
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Has anyone bid on an item in a live online auction?
    The auctions I have been I have attended, the bidding moves so fast, how could someone bit on line & not be behind the live bidding?
    I bought some guns from the estate of my best friend a few years back; I don't recall there being a problem with the live bidding, in fact, I'm not sure there was any live bidding going on. As I recall, it was all done online, and after a certain deadline, a few minutes allowed after each bid until the bidding stopped by itself.
    JD4044M likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    There is a live dealer machinery auction taking place Monday in northern Indiana. They will stream the auctioneer online during the live auction. People will be able to place bids online while the auctioneer is selling the items live.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere 825i Gator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Thanks
    I follow a number of them. That's were the autopsy table came from. It's more knowing what you are willing to spend and when to hit send. I use several tabs with bids ready to be placed. My last tab is the max I'm willing to pay. If you are using redneck Internet you might be placing bids after the auction. Bid low and give it a try.
    Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Thanks
    Unless it is specified as a LIVE auction, there is no problem in your bidding. Usually you can see how many bids have been made and how they have progressed in pricing. I have done several of these auctions. One was only a quarter mile from me, but it was all on-line. I bought my golf cart there. Be aware, that last minute bids are usually continued past the deadline to allow for all last minute bids to be made.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

8. Top | #6
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks
    I think there’s a difference between live auction where folks can attend & bid online vs an online only auction.
    Richie Bros does live(in person & online simultaneously) moves pretty fast. I believe they allow you to set your max bid prior to the start & they move in set increments.
    I do a couple local auctions that do an in person/online bidding. Usually move at a pace decent enough to play along online. There are also some online only with preview days prior to sale.
    I’ve also bought a few items off Big Iron, but try to stay within the state of Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Thanks
    I like Gun Broker sold sever black guns there during the panic buy for 3 times what I paid. A few month later bought another one and 2 hand guns with the profits. When .22 cal ammo was in a panic buy I bought 10 buckets for $39.00 each and sold all 10 in a couple days for $150.00 each plus shipping another great deal for me. Took a bunch out of my safe and un/loaded it and bought a few more guns. Now I can replace it all for a cheap price if I wanted to. To me Guns and Ammo are better than stocks if you do it right. Washington State made it harder to sell and buy now with the new laws!! But I am done doing that I had my fun while it lasted. Clintons Ban was a great selling time for me! I saw it coming and invested at the right time.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
    I think there’s a difference between live auction where folks can attend & bid online vs an online only auction.
    Richie Bros does live(in person & online simultaneously) moves pretty fast. I believe they allow you to set your max bid prior to the start & they move in set increments.
    I do a couple local auctions that do an in person/online bidding. Usually move at a pace decent enough to play along online. There are also some online only with preview days prior to sale.
    I’ve also bought a few items off Big Iron, but try to stay within the state of Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks to everyone for the replies.
    My only experience with online auctions was Ebay. This was nothing like that.

The auction was a attend in person & online bidding simultaneously. I could have done a proxy bid prior to the start of the auction. With this being my first time & not understanding all of the ins & outs, I chose not to. I was surprised how much it was like being at the auction. I could hear the auctioneer, although not very well. They had a picture of the item being sold on the screen. They also displayed the current bid & had a button with a dollar amount already in it for the next bid to be placed. The only difference from being at the auction was that you could not enter a custom bid. You had to enter their amount. The auctioneer gave plenty of time at the end of the bidding for someone to place an online bid.

They had a JD 3120 tractor & loader with about 750 hours on it that I thought I might like to buy. The down side to bidding online is that they add a 5% buyers premium that they add to the winning online bid. They did have a $1,000 dollar limit on the buyers premium. I had a dollar amount I was going to spend, before including the 5% buyers premium & sales tax. It started out at almost that. So I never bid at all.

It was a learning learning experience for me. Next time I will know how it works. I am sure glad I did not drive the almost 4 hours to get there dragging a trailer only to come home with an empty trailer & out a lot of money for travel costs.

This is a screen capture of the auction page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BidCaller.jpg  
    mark02tj, ZachinCO and JD4044M like this.
    John Deere 825i Gator

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements