Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Wait begins.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts

Wait begins.

Last evening , watching tv on our new (11/2014) Samsung Smart Tv. So of course commercial comes on and up and to the kitchen still hearing TV. I return about 3 mins later and just a black screen but still hearing World news.
    Dish receiver has gone bad Again for the 3 time in about 6 mos. D_ _ _. Tried kitchen tv it is OK, tried br tv it is OK NOPE not Dish .
    OK we bought 3 yr plan on TV I get papers call them ..Nope need to call Samsung.

100 + minutes later....I finally get a ticket # and another # to call for them to repair my TV..
    I'd been transferred 4 times ,cut off twice, had to repeat same info so many times hate to guess on that , and told the (agents) "Wished I had never bought a Samsung Smart TV) they didn't care.
    Worst thing of the whole experience I keep telling each agent I heard audio cannot see anything.. Well press Menu on remote NOTHING
    try another channel, unplug power cord , unplug all cords, did this at least 4 times. Each time on power up kept telling them I do not see Samsung Smart TV. OK now take TV to another working location ... PUlled TV out of the entertain center , back to bedroom , same results and I knew this before going back. While doing this cordless phone goes dead.
    Wife picks up land line , she talks to them while I get a phone in the bedroom . I had told this agent from past job of working on monitors that it was defective before I took it back to the bedroom. Had to humor him I guess.
    Finally done with this agent , he gives me a PH # but no Ticket #.. Questioned this and was told they (the PH#) would have all the info just them Carry IN.. Hang up call the # it is a FAX Machine # I went off the deep END.

If I would have had the cordless ph it might have gone through the Smart Tv.
    Call Samsung again explain everything that has just taken place. OH you need a Ticket # and yes I see that is their Fax Machine #.

Lady gives me the info I need ,,I asked what is the name of the company I'm calling ,she did tell me this.
    OK now 20 mins or so later I call the latest , bestest ,newest #... "Sorry our office is closed till Sat at 10am.....please call again at that time..

So Just Waiting ...

Sorry for such a long post.
    I'm all most at the point of calling Wallyworld and asking if they will give me a new TV...or My Money Back.. Worst thing it isn't there fault...
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    I'm all most at the point of calling Wallyworld and asking if they will give me a new TV...or My Money Back.. Worst thing it isn't there fault...
    They just may take it back and give you a new one. Worth a try.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (03-07-2015)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,272 Posts
    That stinks - I cringe whenever I have to call a company for warranty service.

Had to deal with Samsung when a monitor went bad some years ago. They didn't give me a hard time, but....the only way to get it replaced was to bring it to a UPS Store to exchange it - they would ship a new one to my "local" UPS store - I would then bring my monitor in and the UPS employee would unpack the new one to give me then take my bad one, pack it in the same box, then ship it back to Samsung. Only problem with that is the nearest UPS Store is 75 miles away - arghh. I did eventually make the arrangements to travel to the UPS store and the exchange was made. Got home and hooked it up - dead pixel right in the center of the screen. It was obviously a returned unit. Just threw my hands up and tried to forget about it - wasn't going through all that again.

My first thought when I started reading your post is we are now in sun spot season that kills the TV signal (over cable or satellite) for 5-10 minutes each day in the afternoon. This happens in September and March.

Signal, Interrupted: Sun Spots Interfere with Satellites this Week : News : Counsel & Heal
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Thanks
    Gene,

I'd talk to the store manager at Walmart. We had a similar thing with my son's TV. It was taken care of quickly.

I had a similar problem with a Phillips TV. Called and called and chased calls to be told by a guy with a strange accent I sorry I can not help you. He gave me the phone number for 2 warranty centers. The first one I called said he didn't do warranty work for Phillips anymore because their TVs suck. While that was funnier than heck, it didn't help me much either. I took that one back to Sam's and got a bigger one.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    They just may take it back and give you a new one. Worth a try.
    I'm going to wait till calling the new # and then see what BS I have to do to get a NEW TV NOT REBUILT.

Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    That stinks - I cringe whenever I have to call a company for warranty service.

Had to deal with Samsung when a monitor went bad some years ago. They didn't give me a hard time, but....the only way to get it replaced was to bring it to a UPS Store to exchange it - they would ship a new one to my "local" UPS store - I would then bring my monitor in and the UPS employee would unpack the new one to give me then take my bad one, pack it in the same box, then ship it back to Samsung. Only problem with that is the nearest UPS Store is 75 miles away - arghh. I did eventually make the arrangements to travel to the UPS store and the exchange was made. Got home and hooked it up - dead pixel right in the center of the screen. It was obviously a returned unit. Just threw my hands up and tried to forget about it - wasn't going through all that again.

My first thought when I started reading your post is we are now in sun spot season that kills the TV signal (over cable or satellite) for 5-10 minutes each day in the afternoon. This happens in September and March.

Signal, Interrupted: Sun Spots Interfere with Satellites this Week : News : Counsel & Heal
    Had to do the same thing with one of the computer big ones when I was working. Only good thing UPS brought the monitor to our storeroom , we removed new monitor, placed the deft one in box , taped the box and UPS took the old monitor. After that and going to a week course on their products they would seen me anything I needed for repairs.
    The only time sun interrupted signal,,,on Satellite Tv DEFT head at the dish. Dew in the morning and tv would not work till sun hit the head of receiver and dried the moisture out of the head. Replaced head everything OK.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

9. Top | #6
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Last one of those extended warranties I bought, found out they do not cover anything until the original "Manufacturer's Warranty" has expired. So you think you have free repair/replacement, but you really do not, until the initial warranty ends.

I'll never buy another of those!! But I don't buy a lot of expensive electronics anyway.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Gene,

Not sure what connections you were using but it might be the sat box itself that had died. Might be worth looking into.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,091 Posts
    That sucks Gene. Hopefully they'll work with you today.

I had a very different Samsung experience. We bought a TV about 7-8 years ago and it was fine all the way through the warranty period and for about a year and a half after. It developed a clicking noise when it turned on, which got progressively worse until it wouldn't turn on at all. I looked it up online and found that Samsung had a super common problem with that due to bad capacitors, and had warrantied a few of them.

Just to see, I called Samsung and gave them the model and serial number. I explained everything, two years out of warranty by this point. They sent a local repair guy out to my house that fixed the TV for free.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    Gene,

Not sure what connections you were using but it might be the sat box itself that had died. Might be worth looking into.
    Don't think so I've been watching TV in our LR every since this took place. Went to the bsmt carried up the cheapie Wally Brand Tv

One good thing TV only weight a few # compared to the old boat anchors...
    DRobinson and farmgirl19 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Thanks
    To relieve your stress instead of , Paint a red dot in the center and several red rings around the dot. Take outside to a safe place and:

the #%@* out of it then

Now go buy another TV.

Yes, cost a little more, but so little stress for the same final result.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast