About 5-6 years ago, I made the wife a pair of Adirondack Chairs for her birthday(surprise). This was my first official try at wood working. Wasn't all that bad. Built it using Cedar wood, and applied a clear-coat to the natural finish. Over time, the clear-coat degraded. I was going to re-apply, but wife said she'd like something, in the yard, that would "pop". So, I pressure washed the chairs and applied an oil based primer(Kiltz). One chair is to be Red, and the other Yellow. I applied a first & second coat to one of the chairs during the week.
Today, after completing a few yard chores, I finished the third coat of Apple Red paint to one chair.
One down, and one to go.
I'll post the other when complete. Gonna "POP" the lawn.