Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New Green toys...from afar

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 02:37 PM
    Thanks

New Green toys...from afar

Picked up a new JD ballast box from my local Deere dealer yesterday and the quick hitch arrived from Mutton power today...

I must say that I'm excited to get these new toys (most of my stuff was bought used), however after checking things over, I found that the tag on the ballast box said "made in Mexico" and believe it or not the tag on the imatch hitch said made in "India"!! Yes, India!!...not Indiana!!

I take pride in being an American and try to buy American made products whenever I can...perhaps the origin or parts content should be stated more clearly on products sold in the good old USA! maybe I shouldn't be surprised...my 4100 was made in Japan by Yanmar...nice, but imported...

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    You live in a global economy. Better get used to it. Just because it was made in the USA(or not) doesn't mean squat anymore. I've seen lots of crappy stuff made south of my border too.

If where it was made bothers you try not to think about where the fuel you put into it came from!

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-02-2018 @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garydee View Post
    Picked up a new JD ballast box from my local Deere dealer yesterday and the quick hitch arrived from Mutton power today...

I must say that I'm excited to get these new toys (most of my stuff was bought used), however after checking things over, I found that the tag on the ballast box said "made in Mexico" and believe it or not the tag on the imatch hitch said made in "India"!! Yes, India!!...not Indiana!!

I take pride in being an American and try to buy American made products whenever I can...perhaps the origin or parts content should be stated more clearly on products sold in the good old USA! maybe I shouldn't be surprised...my 4100 was made in Japan by Yanmar...nice, but imported...

I'll assume you haven't bought any electronics in...... the past 30 years

It is what it is, even "American" cars have most parts built North or South of our borders.

Try finding clothing that is made in the USA!

~g

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-02-2018 @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clayh View Post
    You live in a global economy. Better get used to it. Just because it was made in the USA(or not) doesn't mean squat anymore. I've seen lots of crappy stuff made south of my border too.

If where it was made bothers you try not to think about where the fuel you put into it came from!
    Or put a made in the USA sticker over the current made in India sticker

~g
    Levi likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Very true on a global economy. Years ago, when Ford announced they were a global company. I was at a dealership, the parts guy was putting away a shipment of wheel bearing, made in USA, Japan, China, Italy, Germany , Mexico all had same part # and on the same shipment.

Today I was at a JD dealer getting some fluids and filters. Walking out I remembered I wanted some old style rubber caps for the hyd lines on the 1025r. The new ones are a piece of S_ _ _ IMO , anyway I bought 3 one made USA, one Italy, and one Germany.
    The last ones I several years ago was around $7.00 each . today $11.11 ea ... Don't what to break or loose any of these .
    Levi likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garydee View Post

It is getting very difficult to find anything that is 100% made in the USA. I learned long ago that just because it says it is made in the US does not mean that everything used in its construction was. As others have said, we just have to get used to it
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Several years ago I wanted to buy a pair of tennis shoes. Checked on the internet and found some made in the US of A and where I could buy them. Went there and sure enough they had them but were in the back and not out front. The exact ones out front were made in china and sold for $59.95. They got the ones from in back and sure enough it said made in U.S.A., price $159.95. I walked out without buying either pair. So I thought, if I have to buy made in china stuff I'll go to wallyworld as that is all they have. Got the cheapest I could find. $13.00. My way of looking at it was if I have to give china my money I'll make sure they get as little as possible. Still have these shoes, can't seem to wear them out. Figure that's a good thing as getting 13 dollars from me for a few years and not having to give any more is a good thing. Other things, well I weigh my options and go with USA stuff if it's better made. Now it's a matter which is made better. Sometimes that means saving for a while longer. Case in point, the stihl weedeater I just got. There is a lot out there for a lot less then $482.00 I spent. Says it's made in USA.
    xhere likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Funny how "they" just slipped that "global economy" crap right by us that night, ain't it!
    Levi and xhere like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-29-2016 @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Appreciate the business. As far as the India thing goes, I've talked to dealers that have been to the India plant. They tell me it's ran tip notch by Deere, just like any of the other plants. I've had nothing but good luck with the IMatch over the years. Nothing to worry about as far as quality.
    Levi likes this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 02:37 PM
    Thanks

green toys...

Great to hear from you guys out there...appreciate your candid remarks!

Ok, the green goods seem to be made very well and should last a long time...and I understand this "global economy" stuff...but I still wonder why these products can't be made in the US...

We have a lot of decent, hardworking people in our country who could really use a good job, doing honest, productive work so as to feed their families and have a good life, yet greedy corporations (especially in America) continue to seek out the cheapest way to make things to maximize their profits at the expense of the American taxpayer!

When Americans can no longer afford to buy the products these companies produce, because they don't have good jobs, businesses are going to take a big hit. They are shooting themselves in the foot...sooner or later it's going to happen...until then I will continue to play and have fun with my new green toys!
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast