Show us Your Salad Creation......
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Show us Your Salad Creation......

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,357 Posts

Show us Your Salad Creation......

Now that the "Sandwich Thread" has fallen off the Off topic main page, perhaps we can add a Health Conscious thread showing your salad creations. Hey, salad's don't have to be boring or bland. Here is the one I made for the two of us last night........I waited to split it down until after the picture was taken, but Mrs. Bear ended up with about 20% of the salad and the rest was my entire dinner.....

One of my favorite dressings, as well in the back ground.......Paul's salad dressings are hard to beat when it comes to both taste and avoiding all of the sodium and other ingredients which seem to be in many of the commercial salad dressings.

My chicken is the precooked and seasoned chicken strips from Schwaan Foods Truck and I throw the chicken in a skillet to heat it up and darken it a bit and in just a couple of minutes, salad is served.......

I am on a healthy eating kick and have lost 16 pounds in the last month. I am Trying to make healthier eating less boring.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190513_185658162.jpg  
    ColonyPark, bhill, PaDave and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (05-14-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Salad from over the weekend. Adding sliced strawberries and carrots and cucumbers adds a little more taste to the salad.......Mixed in a light salad oil.

Another dinner from Sunday, which wasn't just salad, something more "traditional" but still healthier than many normally consumed meals........steamed fresh veggies and grilled chicken breast with home made honey mustard to add some flavoring........

Trying to get away from the same things over and over......I don't eat fish and I don't really care for beef more than a couple of times a year, so its often chicken or turkey...and vegetables.....

( It drives Mrs. Bear NUTS that I use plastic bowls and the "paper plate looking dishes" which are made of some type of plastic. She would probably delete the picture where I use plastic serving dishes and she doesn't like my "big mug" either, but that's life sometimes.....She would be proud of the ceramic bowl photo, though......)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190430_183532210_TOP.jpg   IMG_20190503_180839285.jpg  
    ColonyPark, bhill and Titleist1 like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    i make one for lunch about everyday day for work. Ill snap a picture when the time comes.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Now that the "Sandwich Thread" has fallen off the Off topic main page, perhaps we can add a Health Conscious thread showing your salad creations. ... I am on a healthy eating kick and have lost 16 pounds in the last month. I am Trying to make healthier eating less boring.......
    Healthy, less boring is the same kick that I've been on for the last month too. Been some fun creations. Haven't really lost much weight, but that's not the current goal. Probably if I'd stop riding my broom everywhere and go back to my bike & walking, it would help.

So my burning question: what is the thread's OFFICIAL definition of a salad? Inclusion of lettuce or defined KEY ingredient (leaves out fruit & pasta salads, includes many SANDWICHES), mixed together in a bowl (that'd let in soup, stews, one-dish meals), maximum ratio of veggies to meat, % cooked/hot ingredients, ...?

-----

I had a turkey leg covered in Carribean Jerk marinade, cukes and cantaloupe slices last night ... but fell off the wagon with my first croissant in months.
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 05-14-2019 at 08:38 AM.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Now that the "Sandwich Thread" has fallen off the Off topic main page, perhaps we can add a Health Conscious thread showing your salad creations. Hey, salad's don't have to be boring or bland. Here is the one I made for the two of us last night........I waited to split it down until after the picture was taken, but Mrs. Bear ended up with about 20% of the salad and the rest was my entire dinner.....

One of my favorite dressings, as well in the back ground.......Paul's salad dressings are hard to beat when it comes to both taste and avoiding all of the sodium and other ingredients which seem to be in many of the commercial salad dressings.

My chicken is the precooked and seasoned chicken strips from Schwaan Foods Truck and I throw the chicken in a skillet to heat it up and darken it a bit and in just a couple of minutes, salad is served.......

I am on a healthy eating kick and have lost 16 pounds in the last month. I am Trying to make healthier eating less boring.......
    I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but that chicken and dressing have several ingredients that are harmful: Schwaan's Chicken Strips

INGREDIENTS: CHICKEN BREAST WITH RIB MEAT, WATER, SEASONING [DEXTROSE, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN, DRIED GARLIC, SPICE, DRIED ONION, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SOYBEAN OIL, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, NATURAL FLAVOR], SODIUM PHOSPHATES.

As for the dressing: Newmans Raspberry Walnut

Red Wine Vinegar, Water, Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil), Corn Syrup Solids, Contains 2% or Less of: Raspberry, Walnuts, Salt, Natural Flavor,
    Orange Juice Concentrate, Onion*, Xanthan Gum, Garlic*, Spices, Natural Elderberry Extract and Annatto (For Color)

You might also want to introduce Kale and some other leafy greens as opposed to iceberg lettuce, add some avocado, beet root, shaved yams. It's the GMO Soybean & Corn Oil byproducts that are the killers.

Salad looks yummy though and this might be a hit thread
    Chris

2019 4052R/Cab, iMatch QH, 440R Loader w/BW16358 Bucket(Got Loops) , Frontier RB5072 Blade, Frontier LP1184 Land Plane, Front moveable fenders, Rear fender extensions, Dual Exterior mirrors,Ballast Box BW15073, Dual rear work lights(LVB24853), JD Hammerstrap, R2 4" Edge Tamers, (coming soon: Weather radar,FLIR,HUD, Chocolate bar & "Manpon" dispensers)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    As a staunch supporter of the sandwich thread, I would say that reports of its demise may have been greatly exaggerated. And regarding salad... well, my wife has heard me say more than once "I'm so hungry I could eat a... salad."

All that aside, I do eat some healthy salads now and then that I will try to remember to take pictures of. Concoctions involving pears, toasted walnuts, lemon dressing... or avocado, tuna, and lime dressing.

Maybe this thread will win me over. And i just had to add the exploding salad clip...
    https://youtu.be/fka-kSzEl40
    Last edited by Oscar Leroy; 05-14-2019 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Added exploding salad video clip :)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oscar Leroy For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (05-14-2019)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    Healthy, less boring is the same kick that I've been on for the last month too. Been some fun creations. Haven't really lost much weight, but that's not the current goal. Probably if I'd stop riding my broom everywhere and go back to my bike & walking, it would help.

So my burning question: what is the thread's OFFICIAL definition of a salad? Inclusion of lettuce or defined KEY ingredient (leaves out fruit & pasta salads, includes many SANDWICHES), mixed together in a bowl (that'd let in soup, stews, one-dish meals), maximum ratio of veggies to meat, % cooked/hot ingredients, ...?

-----

I had a turkey leg covered in Carribean Jerk marinade, cukes and cantaloupe slices last night ... but fell off the wagon with my first croissant in months.
    Why don't we just make it "eating healthier than we were"........"or have been or usually do" and so anything more healthy would qualify, not just salads.

It sure isn't drive through and I can't stand places like Panera Bread......so there really aren't many choices...........other than at home.

I buy 80 to 120 pounds of boneless each month, skinless chicken breasts and trim the fat off and then slice them down into single breast sizes or even into strips for faster cooking for me. Since the K9 kids eat chicken and rice with some dry dog food, we have plenty of chicken around here.......I take the 40 pound boxes and slice the chicken and put it in 2.5 pound gallon zip lock bags for the freezer, so it's easy to grab one bag and let it thaw for cooking that night for the kids. I also put sliced strips and single breasts into other gallon bags for our use.

I made a HUGE mistake and placed the entire 40 pound box of fresh chicken in the freezer once when I got it home as I didn't have time to get to it and between the juice its packed in and the bulk of it all, it turned into one giant 40 frozen block which I had to use a hatchet to split up.

Won't ever do that again........

Each time I get the chicken, its always from the same source and the price will vary from as low at $0.89 per pound to as high as $1.45 per pound for the 40 pound boxes. The place where I get the chicken actually supplies local grocery store meat departments. One source of their chicken usually yields about 34 to 35 pounds of usable chicken by time I trim it and this last time, it came from a different source and I ended up with 29 pounds of chicken bagged up. The 11 pounds of fat and cartilage type junk ends up consumed by the wildlife in not time between the crows and others.......I put it about 600 feet away from the house out in the open where I can see it from the house to see who gets it and usually, within 10 minutes of putting it out, the black birds and others have already found it.

Mrs. Bear has a theory that if the wildlife has stuff to eat other than each other, everyone will be happier. I will say, for the first time in years, we have a bunch of rabbits around here.
    Old Cajun likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Tonight: Locally bottled Marinara + tons of mushrooms, onions, green peppers, 6 quartered Italian meatballs, garlic & more oregano over zucchini noodles. Yum. Would have been even better if I'd had some fennel. Almost forgot that I'd added Roma tomato chunks too.
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 05-14-2019 at 08:49 PM.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 955 Posts
    Good thread! Some good looking salads.

Mrs. CP and I have noticed that for some reason salad always tastes better when someone else makes it. Anyone agree?

My favorite dressing is simply Trader Joe’s White Balsamic Vinegar, good stuff!
    Old Cajun and SulleyBear like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    As a staunch supporter of the sandwich thread, I would say that reports of its demise may have been greatly exaggerated. And regarding salad... well, my wife has heard me say more than once "I'm so hungry I could eat a... salad."
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Good thread! Some good looking salads.

Mrs. CP and I have noticed that for some reason salad always tastes better when someone else makes it. Anyone agree?

My favorite dressing is simply Trader Joe’s White Balsamic Vinegar, good stuff!

CP, you just left Oscar hanging. He is out there defending the sandwich thread waiting for reinforcements and this was your response.
    Last edited by Herminator; 05-14-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast