Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Home Depot on-line reviews?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 1,169 Posts

Home Depot on-line reviews?

Has anyone else submitted any on-line Home Depot reviews for items purchased? If so, were they accepted?

I've reached the conclusion that the HD reviews are a bit on the rigged/biased side just like most places.

I've submitted several reviews and they all get rejected saying "They don't meet the review criteria". By "review criteria" I can only assume they mean a 5-star glowing report with no critical comments.

My first case was when I purchased my JD 17P cart from them. It arrived promptly but the tub was used as the shipping carton with all the parts inside and a cardboard cover on top. That meant that the tub takes all the bumps and bruises of shipment. Mine wasn't broken but the tub was scuffed and scraped and the corners had impact marks like a cart might get after years of use. I mentioned in my review how great the cart was and that it was easy to assemble but cautioned that if you have it shipped to your house it is likely to get scuffed and beat up due to the shipping method. The review was rejected because you aren't allowed to mention shipping issues. Huh?

Most recently I submitted a review on the Milwaukee string trimmer I just purchased. I questioned why HD sells the Milwaukee trimmer but does not carry the Milwaukee replacement string in any of its PA stores nor will they ship the string to any PA address. I mean, they sent me the trimmer along with a fully loaded head of string... so why can't I get more string. Review rejected as "Not meeting the review criteria".

It's interesting that they always send you an email asking for you to submit a review but fail to mention that it must be all peaches and cream or it will be rejected. Needless to say I won't be submitting any more reviews.
    glc, Tomfive, Zebrafive and 4 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Has anyone else submitted any on-line Home Depot reviews for items purchased? If so, were they accepted?

I've reached the conclusion that the HD reviews are a bit on the rigged/biased side just like most places.

I've submitted several reviews and they all get rejected saying "They don't meet the review criteria". By "review criteria" I can only assume they mean a 5-star glowing report with no critical comments.

My first case was when I purchased my JD 17P cart from them. It arrived promptly but the tub was used as the shipping carton with all the parts inside and a cardboard cover on top. That meant that the tub takes all the bumps and bruises of shipment. Mine wasn't broken but the tub was scuffed and scraped and the corners had impact marks like a cart might get after years of use. I mentioned in my review how great the cart was and that it was easy to assemble but cautioned that if you have it shipped to your house it is likely to get scuffed and beat up due to the shipping method. The review was rejected because you aren't allowed to mention shipping issues. Huh?

Most recently I submitted a review on the Milwaukee string trimmer I just purchased. I questioned why HD sells the Milwaukee trimmer but does not carry the Milwaukee replacement string in any of its PA stores nor will they ship the string to any PA address. I mean, they sent me the trimmer along with a fully loaded head of string... so why can't I get more string. Review rejected as "Not meeting the review criteria".

It's interesting that they always send you an email asking for you to submit a review but fail to mention that it must be all peaches and cream or it will be rejected. Needless to say I won't be submitting any more reviews.
    FWIW I do believe all the carts are shipped that way, even to the dealership.
    Old Cajun and goat704! like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Thanks
    Same issue for me. My negative comments about installation (20 minutes to remove tightly-glued stickers from the face of smoke detectors) and cheap lead-containing batteries that looked like alkalines were deemed not applicable to the item's performance and rejected.

You my be on to something! I posted the identical review on Amazon and it went live in minutes.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Thanks
    Huh. I don't shop at HD often (maybe once every 4 or 5 years) since there are at least 3 Lowe's stores that are closer. I've submitted several reviews on the Lowe's website and they all have been accepted and posted immediately whether they were 1 star or 5 stars.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    FWIW I do believe all the carts are shipped that way, even to the dealership.
    Make sense. Although I don't recall seeing any floor display models that were beat up on the corners like mine was. I mean, it is just a cart but given the price it was disappointing to see years worth of wear right out of the box.
    Old Cajun likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Huh. I don't shop at HD often (maybe once every 4 or 5 years) since there are at least 3 Lowe's stores that are closer. I've submitted several reviews on the Lowe's website and they all have been accepted and posted immediately whether they were 1 star or 5 stars.
    I'm an admitted Lowe's guy through and through. I like the stuff Lowe's sells and the way the store is laid out. Although they do seem to do their best to pi** me off on a regular basis. The only way I will go to HD is if Lowe's don't have the item I want or if HD is having a big sale on something. For whatever reason I always have a heck of a time finding my item in HD. The last time I tried using the website to tell me the Aisle/Bay location of an item it showed the item on the opposite side of the store than where it was actually located. ;-(

I could tell you stories of HD and their stock status and merchandise location.
    Old Cajun and wildbranch2007 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    I am trying to more of a Lowes person, but HD is 2 minutes from my work, and it takes me less than a minute out of my way to get there on my way home. Closest Lowes takes me at least 20-30 minutes out of my way on my daily commute.

I got turned off to HD when they stopped honoring the Lowes 5% off almost everything/every day. Short story, when I first asked if they would match Lowes prices ... answer YES. Asked if they would match Lowes 5% off with Lowes CC ... answer YES, but you had to use a HD CC, so I got one. So things were good, but a couple of years later HD just stopped honoring the Lowes 5% off. But they still honor the active military discount, just like Lowes.

Enough said, just my 2 cents.

BTW, I RARELY do a product review or any surveys. Not worth my time.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Thanks
    Lowes, Home Depot. Reviews? I'm old enough to remember when we had no Big Box of crap stores. We did all our buying from local merchants who lived in the community. As a kid I could go to the hardware store & take whatever I wanted & told the counter person (who was the owner in most cases) to please put this item on my Dad's account & I walked out the store.

But today we have what Lowes calls "Dept. Professionals". Yup a member of my family works at the Lowes & he's the "Plumbing Dept." Pro. The only thing he knows about plumbing is how to clog a toilet. And forget about any real "How TO". advice. If most of these Pros were any good at the trade, they would not be working for slave wages & stupid hours at any of these places. Yes, I have an attitude about these places. There's a privately owned rather large hardware & general building supply not far from my house. On average his prices range anywhere from .25 cent to maybe $2.00 on average for the same item at the big box place. I buy almost everything I can from him & the service is friendly & personal. Same with lumber. We have a family owned local lumber yard. There prices are lower than any Lowes or HD AND they carry a full line of lumber that you can't get at the big box store.

I find it funny. Everyone screams Buy America. But where is the first place they go? The Big box store & pay out $$$ for corporate overhead & stock holder profits. And then they complain they have no stores on main street to shop in. Gee, I wonder why. This is just my own feelings on things. I to do go to the box lots when I must, but I don't like it. Maybe its because my lazy ass family member brags how he can hide in the store's inventory area & get paid for sleeping on the job. But then again, that's what most of them do.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 12:39 PM
    Thanks
    About 2 Years ago I gave a 2 star review for The Seizmik Soft Cab for the 1 series On ACME outfitters Website. I actually Praised the distributor in the review But I listed what I was Not Happy with On the soft Cab. In a Very appropriate way. ACME has Never Posted it All they Have up is one 5 star Review. Outdoor Power distributors I Notice will Post the Bad reviews with Good and Northern Tool is very Good about Posting good and Bad reviews of Products. But I guess I understand ACME not Posting because they Can't sell the Seizmik Soft Cab's for the Pre 2018 1 series even thought the cab is down about $300 from what I paid for that disaster of a Soft Cab
    Last edited by Sergeant; 06-12-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    Lowes, Home Depot. Reviews? I'm old enough to remember when we had no Big Box of crap stores. We did all our buying from local merchants who lived in the community. As a kid I could go to the hardware store & take whatever I wanted & told the counter person (who was the owner in most cases) to please put this item on my Dad's account & I walked out the store.

Yes, I have an attitude about these places. There's a privately owned rather large hardware & general building supply not far from my house. On average his prices range anywhere from .25 cent to maybe $2.00 on average for the same item at the big box place. I buy almost everything I can from him & the service is friendly & personal. Same with lumber. We have a family owned local lumber yard. There prices are lower than any Lowes or HD AND they carry a full line of lumber that you can't get at the big box store.

You are very fortunate to still have a decent hardware store in your area. We used to but no longer.

I agree with you on the lumber yards. I despise buying lumber at the big box stores. Never mind that their selection of dimensional lumber is usually more suited for building the bows of boats... But... you roam through the aisles loading up what you can on one of those goofy carts (assuming you can find one) and then you haul it through the cluttered aisles to the register and then out to the parking lot where you transfer it again to your truck. At a REAL lumber yard you go to the counter, give the guy the list of materials you want, pay and then drive out back to the dock where they load it all on the truck for you.
    Maddog, BigJim55, mark02tj and 5 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast