Like Tree649Likes

Thread: Senior Moments

1. Top | #51
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    I hid my pocket knife from myself the other day, and of course, thought of you. I did find it the next day, on my work bench in the garage, right where I had used it last.
    Gee thanks for that reminder.
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 6 others like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #52
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    Gee thanks for that reminder.
    Last summer, while out mowing a ditch bank, I lost the pocket knife that I'd carried every day since 1999. I still go out occasionally with a magnet on a stick to look for it. Then I read about a fellow here who has been doing almost the same thing for quite some time and felt less....obsessed...with it being in good company and all....
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 8 others like this.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

4. Top | #53
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman View Post
    Last summer, while out mowing a ditch bank, I lost the pocket knife that I'd carried every day since 1999. I still go out occasionally with a magnet on a stick to look for it. Then I read about a fellow here who has been doing almost the same thing for quite some time and felt less....obsessed...with it being in good company and all....
    Y'all would laugh your a$$es off if y'all knew how many times I walked every inch of the bayou side lots looking for it.

Miles and miles I tell ya, full blown OCD.
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 8 others like this.
    Neil

Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #54
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Thanks
    where too start...hmmmm

Lets just say I've read the book of Dumb , every chapter,...I may have actually Written it.

Spent the last 3 hours looking for the I match bushings I so carefully put away last week.

Ahh....There on the SawMill.....

I forgot I hooked up the BH and got it I match compatable...It was stuffed in the eastern sector behind the sawmill.

Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

7. Top | #55
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    where too start...hmmmm

Lets just say I've read the book of Dumb , every chapter,...I may have actually Written it.

Spent the last 3 hours looking for the I match bushings I so carefully put away last week.

Ahh....There on the SawMill..

I forgot I hooked up the BH and got it I match compatable...It was stuffed in the eastern sector behind the sawmill.

If my wife and I ever remember where that "safe place"is that we put stuff so we won't forget is we'll find a moving truck's worth of $#!% that we've been looking for for years.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #56
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    If my wife and I ever remember where that "safe place"is that we put stuff so we won't forget is we'll find a moving truck's worth of $#!% that we've been looking for for years.
    The *safe place* don't work even if ya know where it is.

Eventually it gets jammed up with stuff where ya have to dig thru things to find what you're looking for.

Then you add another *safe place* and ya forget which *safe place* what you're looking for is in.

It's just a vicious cycle that goes on and on over the years till everything is lost in a near infinite amount of *safe places*.
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 7 others like this.
    Neil

9. Top | #57
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Why is it when I do something out of the norm I'm a dumba$$, when the wife does something out of the norm it's a senior moment?
    The difference? REPUTATION!
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

10. Top | #58
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks
    What is it with all this "senior" stuff. I remember when I was in high school, I had an uncle and aunt that were twenty years older than me and I was thinking "wow, they are middle age". Twenty years later, when I was their age, I realized that middle age was still 20 years ahead of me. Still, today, I think middle age is 20 years ahead of me. I guess I will die before I ever hit "middle age".

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. Top | #59
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 1,046 Posts
    i actually put stuff places where i think i can remember where at later no good.

several yrs ago the safety shields came apart on my LX4 brush hog-i thought ahh no problem putting it back together-as i had kept the instruction paper work that was taped to the drive line when i bought it--yeah right.

after messing with it for several hrs i just gave up on it-and stored the 2 halves and rear bell somewhere---so now to just a week ago-i found on u-tube a great video on how to dismantle and put a urocardan safety shield together.

so where's my safety shields ati have no freaking idea as of now. maybe i was so mad that day i threw them in the big burn barrel IDK-but that brain fart cost me real money now to replace the shield from jd
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

12. Top | #60
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    i actually put stuff places where i think i can remember where at later no good.

several yrs ago the safety shields came apart on my LX4 brush hog-i thought ahh no problem putting it back together-as i had kept the instruction paper work that was taped to the drive line when i bought it--yeah right.

after messing with it for several hrs i just gave up on it-and stored the 2 halves and rear bell somewhere---so now to just a week ago-i found on u-tube a great video on how to dismantle and put a urocardan safety shield together.

so where's my safety shields ati have no freaking idea as of now. maybe i was so mad that day i threw them in the big burn barrel IDK-but that brain fart cost me real money now to replace the shield from jd
    Thanks for the brain fart reminder Big Jim .

I think we can work that in with our senior moments and dumbassery!!!
    Neil

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast