Small car, big dreams. Restoration of Americas first Honda N600. Serial# 001
Like Tree23Likes
  • 6 Post By Bill Berger
  • 3 Post By Dr Maphesto
  • 4 Post By Auguste
  • 6 Post By 2LaneCruzer
  • 2 Post By martincom
  • 2 Post By 2LaneCruzer

Thread: Small car, big dreams. Restoration of Americas first Honda N600. Serial# 001

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks

Small car, big dreams. Restoration of Americas first Honda N600. Serial# 001

Last edited by Superglidesport; 06-23-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: corrected hyperlink
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    It still amazes me that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and we nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and yet both sides were very willing to do business with each other.
    A lesson on moving forward, not looking back that most current politicians could learn from.
    Last edited by Dr Maphesto; 06-24-2019 at 07:12 AM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    It still amazes me that Japan attacked, Pearl Harbor, and we nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and yet both sides were very willing to do business with each other.
    A lesson on moving forward, not looking back that most current politicians could learn from.
    Too bad that the same could not happen in the middle east and elsewhere around the world.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    It still amazes me that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and we nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and yet both sides were very willing to do business with each other.
    I think that it was a rare combination of circumstances at work. You had a victor that was not interested in punishment or reparations, but was determined to rebuild and restructure a country and a government that would not only be an ally, but that would aspire to the best interests of its people and no longer be a threat to the world.

The Japanese were a very homogeneous culture, that respected authority and that respect and dedication was instrumental in the way they responded to the occupation and the reconstruction. Once the military influence was destroyed, the commitment of the Japanese; their intellect and industriousness allowed them to achieve economically what they tried to do militarily.
    Have wings, will travel.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2LaneCruzer For This Useful Post:

Dr Maphesto (06-24-2019)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 AM
    Thanks
    I credit much of post-war Japan to Douglas MacArthur, as he was the occupation commander and very pro-active in rebuilding and westernizing. I often wonder how different history would have been if Truman had not relieved him in Korea or if he had actively sought the Republican nomination for President. I don't fault Truman for relieving him, but I do believe Truman made a number of very poor decisions we paid for well beyond his presidency.
    rydplrs and Bill Berger like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I credit much of post-war Japan to Douglas MacArthur, as he was the occupation commander and very pro-active in rebuilding and westernizing. I often wonder how different history would have been if Truman had not relieved him in Korea or if he had actively sought the Republican nomination for President. I don't fault Truman for relieving him, but I do believe Truman made a number of very poor decisions we paid for well beyond his presidency.
    MacArthur was fortuitous; not only was he a great military man, he had an in depth knowledge of the Japanese and their culture.
    rydplrs and Bill Berger like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements