Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: AC and snoblowers

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks

AC and snoblowers

Every year without fail you go scrolling through the want ads, weather it be facebook, CL etc..., without fail some one is in desperate need of a window unit or a snowblower. No one ever needs one early in the season they all wait until it's either 95* for a week straight or if they're buried up to their axles at the end of the driveway before they need one.
    rydplrs, jdmich, PJR832 and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Thanks
    Yep. Lots of people (know a few) that are Ill prepared for anything. Reactive not proactive. Mr Uncle had a saying.
    “7 P’s” Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Thanks
    Kind of like how there is a run on all the hardware stores for plywood as a hurricane is on the way. What did they do with the plywood from the last one? Maybe fix their roof.

That said we just bought a portable air conditioner with all this heat last saturday. Our main AC unit just crapped out. Had the heating/cooling guy out and they said it is 16 years old and should just be replaced and that there was a leak somewhere and all the freon was gone. That was $5K we were not expecting right in the middle of the garage build. I have the ability to pay for it right now, it is just that until I have a better feel for where we are at for cost overruns on the garage build and I would rather sweat a bit now than sweat a lot later when we get an unexpected bill from a contractor on the bigger project that we have going on. The portable unit won't cool the entire house but it will do most of it. We are dealing with construction hell anyhow. People survived for years without AC.
    Last edited by sennister; 07-18-2019 at 07:35 AM.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 1,165 Posts
    I've known folks who will sell their mower at the end of the season because they don't want to store it. Same with snow blowers. With snow blowers it's usually "I didn't need it last season so I figured I sell it".
    rydplrs, BigJim55, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I've known folks who will sell their mower at the end of the season because they don't want to store it. Same with snow blowers. With snow blowers it's usually "I didn't need it last season so I figured I sell it".
    I hope you smack them upside the head for that. I wonder if those are the same people who spend thousands on a snowblower use it twice then sell it for next to nothing. I had a boss who, once he no longer had a use for it no matter the condition, would throw it out.
    BigJim55, PJR832, Toughsox and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPHER5150 View Post
    I hope you smack them upside the head for that. I wonder if those are the same people who spend thousands on a snowblower use it twice then sell it for next to nothing. I had a boss who, once he no longer had a use for it no matter the condition, would throw it out.
    I like these people. I have room to store the stuff and then sell them for a premium when they are back in "season".

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Or even the people that just simply don't plan. Say someone who doesn't have a snowblower or the means to clear snow wait until there is 36" in the driveway and then start frantically calling anyone and everyone with a plow, and expect you to drop everything you are doing because their driveway needs to be cleared right now. Unfortunately I know several people that fit that exact category.
    SulleyBear and Toughsox like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 1,165 Posts
    There's a guy I watch on YouTube who is always scoring free or extremely cheap mowers, snowblowers and other engine powered things and then takes them home and gets them running. He said a good portion of his finds come from upscale neighborhoods where folks buy a new mower or snowblower, don't store it properly in the off season and then when it won't start the next year they just sit it down at the end of the driveway and go buy another new one.
    BigJim55, Toughsox and DanW like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    Just out of school I worked in the Hill's shoe department for a while. Busiest day of the year was the first snow of the season trying to keep boots on the shelves.

I, on the other hand, am the kind of guy that likes to be prepared long before the season hits, which is why I'm looking for a quick hitch snow blade now. I found a good deal but hoping to find one that isn't 400 miles away...
    SulleyBear, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    'What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?' - Doctor Who

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    People survived for years without AC.
    I had this exact same discussion with our drivers about 3 weeks ago. I'm only 26 and seem to have a stronger spine than most of the idiots in this world today. I can't stand hearing the excuse that they're going to fall off a load since the ac isn't working in the truck. Suck it up buttercup. I didn't live through the days of no AC/power steering in vehicles but have driven plenty of older rigs that didn't have creature comforts. What burns me even more is at 230 pounds you wont hear me complain, I'm just happy to be working and making money... Meanwhile a 165 pound bag of bones tells me I dont understand. Lucky a lot of them didn't have to work though the 50s and 60s... I dont think they would have survived

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast