Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Chevrolet Fiero

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks

Chevrolet Fiero

So what are your thoughts on the new Chevrolet Fiero?

Introducing the Next Generation Corvette | Mid-Engine Sports Car

At least they upped the HP from the old Pontiac version.
    glc, mark02tj, Jim Timber and 1 others like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,388 Posts
    I like your Fiero description, but there hasn't been a Corvette that interested me since 1967.
    glc, etcallhome, Fungus and 1 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    I was surprised by how much of the styling is inspired by the 6th gen Camaro, front end and rear end in particular. I like the cockpit layout, I like that they've finally put a dual clutch transmission vs. a slushbox. I'll at least go look and have a sit in one, maybe test drive if they're offering those.
    etcallhome, jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    EVT
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Thanks
    Looks like they're getting good re-use from the Camaro platform. I was surprised to hear the base model would come in under 60K.
    sennister and PJR832 like this.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B BH
    BXpanded Barracuda thumb, Quick-on connector, Ripper, Trench bucket, Piranha tooth bar
    iMatch 3pt. Quick Hitch
    JD 54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks
    Frontier PHD-100 Post Hole Digger
    JD Ballast Box
    Titan BX42 Wood Chipper
    Heavy Hitch Receiver and Suitcase Weight Bracket, Front bracket
    Lots of stuff from Ken's Bolt on Hooks

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Thanks
    Guess they're finally going to do it. I've heard rumors of a rear-engine or mid-engine Corvette for about as long as I can remember but they never materialized till now. I remember back in the 70's when they were going to use a rotary Wankel engine and IIR it was going to be a rear engine. They actually built some prototypes but then they killed the rotary engine so that was that.

I always liked Corvettes and owned several in my younger days but in later years they've squeezed me out of them. They look good and are great performers but they're just too hard to get in and out of for me anymore, same with the Camaro. At this stage of my life I'm much more interested in comfort than performance so I prefer a Silverado pickup with all the bells and whistles.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman View Post
    I was surprised by how much of the styling is inspired by the 6th gen Camaro, front end and rear end in particular. I like the cockpit layout, I like that they've finally put a dual clutch transmission vs. a slushbox. I'll at least go look and have a sit in one, maybe test drive if they're offering those.
    Yeah I like dual clutch as well but they can be touchy. More so in a performance setting. I drove a Nissan GTR a while back and they all have dual clutch. They feel a bit strange. For instance backing up a hill at slow speed. Heh I drove a GTR slow. I guess backing up the driveway was the only thing I did slow in that. The 2.9 sec 0-60 is something to behold. I saw somewhere this new Stingray with the Z51 package would do 0-60 in 3.0. So in the same neighborhood as the GTR. The GTR is AWD though and does an amazing job of putting the power down to the ground. Though it still will spin all four tires as it shifts. The GTR also has back seats but then there is the sticker price at right around $100K.

I was also glad to see they kept it a V8. It will be interesting to see how many people are upset about no manual transmission and the shift to mid engine. There are lots of reasons to do it but I am sure some will object. Maybe the new Z06 will be manual. That said I saw an article the other day about the number of cars in the US that are available in a manual transmission. The list gets shorter every year.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ever...r-you-can-buy/
    jdforever and trboxman like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Yeah I like dual clutch as well but they can be touchy. More so in a performance setting. I drove a Nissan GTR a while back and they all have dual clutch. They feel a bit strange. For instance backing up a hill at slow speed. Heh I drove a GTR slow. I guess backing up the driveway was the only thing I did slow in that. The 2.9 sec 0-60 is something to behold. I saw somewhere this new Stingray with the Z51 package would do 0-60 in 3.0. So in the same neighborhood as the GTR. The GTR is AWD though and does an amazing job of putting the power down to the ground. Though it still will spin all four tires as it shifts. The GTR also has back seats but then there is the sticker price at right around $100K.

I was also glad to see they kept it a V8. It will be interesting to see how many people are upset about no manual transmission and the shift to mid engine. There are lots of reasons to do it but I am sure some will object. Maybe the new Z06 will be manual. That said I saw an article the other day about the number of cars in the US that are available in a manual transmission. The list gets shorter every year.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ever...r-you-can-buy/
    I drive a 6sp manual as a daily driver, about 10 miles of it is stop and go, I'd very much welcome a DCT. I came really close to buying a GTR 2 years ago and just couldn't talk my self into letting go of that much cash for a car, I'm a cheap bastard at heart.

And back seats are over rated, I have them, but wouldn't want to try and fit a full sized adult back there...
    jdforever likes this.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I drive a 6sp manual as a daily driver, about 10 miles of it is stop and go, I'd very much welcome a DCT. I came really close to buying a GTR 2 years ago and just couldn't talk my self into letting go of that much cash for a car, I'm a cheap bastard at heart.

And back seats are over rated, I have them, but wouldn't want to try and fit a full sized adult back there...
    Yeah, I am joking about the back seats. Well there are seatbelts and some cushions but they are back there.
    jdforever and trboxman like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Thanks
    Corvette purists are going to dislike the mid engine, but how could you dislike the looks. This design is a game changer. I owned 3 C6 Corvettes and I welcome the change. Had I not just purchased a Shelby GT350, I would seriously consider one. Can't wait to see one in person.
    trboxman likes this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 10:17 PM
    Thanks

I too drive a 6 speed manual.
    Never driven a DCT.
    Backseats are useless to me, tho I still like the room.
    I pulled the rear seats and all the brackets/hardware on my car, '06 BMW 5 series wagon, makes the car much more rooming for the important stuff.
    Fishing gear, tools, stuff like that.

I have no use for a new vet, I've matured long ago. In some ways I think its great to see, but in others its gotten sad.
    Like I said, I'm an older guy so my tastes have changed and while I used to absolutely love cars now they are just a tool to get me around everyday.

I'm so old I remember when the new models came out every year, and they were different every year, My Dad would take us around to all the car dealers. it was a big deal, free snacks and swag, balloons for the kids. I would load up on all the brouchers and take them home and study them.
    Zebrafive likes this.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast