• 1 Post By Melikes

Thread: Insoles anyone?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 989 Posts

Insoles anyone?

Anybody use insoles for additional support?

I've been using insoles in my shoes for a long time as I attend various shows that require me to be on my feet for most of the day. I've used different insoles from various suppliers and have settled on these from Protalus. They really help reduce foot, knee, hip and lower back issues.

They just happen to have a good sale going on now. I ordered a couple more pair: https://www.protalus.com/collections...p_G2819_BFIJ30

The M75's will slip into any shoes, boots or athletic footwear. The M100's replace the original insole. Other styles are also available.

Recommended to my sister who had knee surgery and a friend who's on her feet for 10-12 hour shifts as a nurse. Both had positive reports. Increased comfort and reduction in joint pain.

FWIW. YMMV.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, arlen and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,866 Posts
    Thanks.
    I've been using Dr Scholl's for like ever.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Good insoles eliminate foot insolence.........

But seriously, they do make a difference. Sometimes, they can initially create some small issues as they can change how the load is carried by your joints but after a few days of use, you really won't want to be without them..............anytime you change how your knees, hips, lumbar are carrying the load, a few days of adjustment are necessary, but its often because the insoles are putting the load back on your joints the way it should be, not like it has been.....

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Sgs - I've worn insoles or custom orthotics for the past twenty plus years. The custom orthotics were horribly expensive and not covered by insurance. I switched to the Dr. Scholl's OTC brand and am satisfied with their performance. I switch them from my boots to athletic shoes.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post
    Anybody use insoles for additional support?

I've been using insoles in my shoes for a long time as I attend various shows that require me to be on my feet for most of the day. I've used different insoles from various suppliers and have settled on these from Protalus. They really help reduce foot, knee, hip and lower back issues.

They just happen to have a good sale going on now. I ordered a couple more pair: https://www.protalus.com/collections...p_G2819_BFIJ30

The M75's will slip into any shoes, boots or athletic footwear. The M100's replace the original insole. Other styles are also available.

Recommended to my sister who had knee surgery and a friend who's on her feet for 10-12 hour shifts as a nurse. Both had positive reports. Increased comfort and reduction in joint pain.

FWIW. YMMV.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    I always thought steel toe shoes would be unwearable,, well,, I am addicted to them, for over 20 years,,
    I went to both of my daughters graduations in hard toe shoes, high school, and college,,

That is a side note, that got me to wearing Wolverine shoes,, and eventually I got a pair of DuraShock Wolverine shoes.

My wife wanted to go trail walking 15 years ago,, I would wear the DuraShock Wolverine shoes,
    and it seemed like I could walk forever as far as foot pain was concerned.

The DuraShock is the insert that comes with the shoes,, it was amazing for me,, when I spent long days on my feet.
    They were so special, I could remove them, and put the insoles in a pair of non-DuraShock shoes and get the same comfort.

This last month, I found a even better shoe, the MultiShox Wolverine shoes,, WOW !! ,,, the shoes are amazing.

Right now, the MultiShoxs are better than the DuraShock Wolverine shoes were,, but, time will tell.
    I only use them for working around my 40 acres, as far as wearing them for long periods of time,, but, so far so good.

I have a hard time paying $50 for insoles only, when I get insoles, and matching new shoes for under $90,,
    especially when the shoes are rated for hard toe, oil resistant soles,, as well as a couple other things such as for electrical work,,,

The funny part about the hard toes was when I went on a trip to Nashville,, we flew,,, this was before 9/11,,,

During boarding, TSA did not know what to do with my shoes,,,
    I had to take off the shoes,, (before that became a "thing") and they ran them through the x-ray machine,,,

"An icon in Wolverine's line, the Raider is the best of the best. Style and function are seamlessly integrated into this signature boot, with a plethora of technologies to keep you going on even your longest day. SPECS & TECH Full grain leather upper Moisture managing mesh lining Wolverine MultiShox removable full-cushion insole Advanced comfort PU midsole Wolverine MultiShox rubber lug outsole that is slip, oil and abrasion resistant Wolverine ContourWelt construction engineered for flexibility"

Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Thanks
    Side note if you look around you can/could still find durashocks made in the USA but be prepared for sticker shock...
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements