I Think The Federal Government Did A Good Job!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: I Think The Federal Government Did A Good Job!!

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Iíve got Nomorobo on the landline and seriously considering putting it on all of my families cell phones. Especially heading into 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    coaltrain, CADplans and Herminator like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks
    The calls haven't slowed down any here, if anything they keep picking up. I've blocked some of the same callers on my landline at least 8 or 10 times (same caller but different caller id each time) and they just spoof another number.

I don't use my cell phone for a phone unless I'm away from the house, and have never given that number to any but a select few, but I'm starting to get robocalls on it also.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    Thatís where law doesnít allow the phone companies in this company to do anything. They are specifically required to complete all calls unless there is a court order that directly authorized deviations.
    They are finally relaxing those restrictions somewhat by changing call blocking practices... there's still a lot more to do, though!
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...calls-n1014526
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Thanks
    Still getting them here. Got this one some time ago-

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	callerID.jpg†
Views:	10†
Size:	88.3 KB†
ID:	699676

Don't ya wish they were all this honest?

PS: Also a nomorobo user. I just ignore the phone unless it rings twice. And even then, if I don't recognizer the caller ID it goes to voicemail.
    Last edited by DanW; Yesterday at 07:10 PM.
    'What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?' - Doctor Who

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,347 Posts
    I just metioned to Mrs. Bear that we haven't gotten any robo callers this week on our home phone. The ringer is muted and it keeps tracks of calls, and we would get 30 to 35 calls a day on that line from robo callers. We maintain it primary as redundancy for security systems, along with cellular and the systems also use the internet.

The phone logs the calls on the screen and every few days I would glance at it and it was common to have 250 to 300 calls a week. In face, we had one number which called us 70% of all those calls. I even called the number back from that line and it never even rang the call just seemed to go no where. I was intrigued if I has picked up a stalker as who would call the same number 20 to 25 times a day, every day, for weeks and weeks on end, so I answered the phone a few times when I would see the caller I.D. and there was never anyone or anything there. I waited for probably 2 minutes and nothing. Just open dead air.

Maybe its the same person who sends Colony Parks wife the anonymous and random Amazon packages.

But since Monday, not a single call on the line. In fact, we checked it to make sure it was still turned on, and it is.................

Now that I think about it, I also haven't had a "Warranty Call" or its dozens of variations in over a week now on my cell phone.

Been very nice..........
    rydplrs and CADplans like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #16

Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    The caller ID on my landline has starting showing "fraudulent call" on some of the robo stuff. Never seen that before. Maybe my phone company has started flagging some?
    CADplans likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

9. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    The calls haven't slowed down any here, if anything they keep picking up. I've blocked some of the same callers on my landline at least 8 or 10 times (same caller but different caller id each time) and they just spoof another number.

I don't use my cell phone for a phone unless I'm away from the house, and have never given that number to any but a select few, but I'm starting to get robocalls on it also.
    I think they just dial all numbers in the sequences of local cell numbers because Mrs. Bear never gives her cell number to anyone and she very rarely uses it, yet she gets robo calls. She had one the other day that claimed they were from our "Credit Card Company" and she took the call and then asked which card and the guy on line said "Master Card, Visa,Discover, American Express, all of them" and she replied "That's funny as we don't have any credit cards" and the guy said "So then why the F are you wasting my time?"

Nice........he is lucky he can hide behind fake numbers or he might just get a lesson in manners.......and spitting teefers...."then he won't be able to axes his moms".......
    mark02tj, spferdil and CADplans like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I think they just dial all numbers in the sequences of local cell numbers because Mrs. Bear never gives her cell number to anyone and she very rarely uses it, yet she gets robo calls. She had one the other day that claimed they were from our "Credit Card Company" and she took the call and then asked which card and the guy on line said "Master Card, Visa,Discover, American Express, all of them" and she replied "That's funny as we don't have any credit cards" and the guy said "So then why the F are you wasting my time?"

Nice........he is lucky he can hide behind fake numbers or he might just get a lesson in manners.......and spitting teefers...."then he won't be able to axes his moms".......
    When I did the phone surveys back in 1996 for a time they just tore pages out of phone books and handed them to us. I was lucky enough to get the phone numbers for patient rooms at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SulleyBear and CADplans like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

11. Top | #19

Last Online
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I just metioned to Mrs. Bear that we haven't gotten any robo callers this week on our home phone. The ringer is muted and it keeps tracks of calls, and we would get 30 to 35 calls a day on that line from robo callers. We maintain it primary as redundancy for security systems, along with cellular and the systems also use the internet.

The phone logs the calls on the screen and every few days I would glance at it and it was common to have 250 to 300 calls a week. In face, we had one number which called us 70% of all those calls. I even called the number back from that line and it never even rang the call just seemed to go no where. I was intrigued if I has picked up a stalker as who would call the same number 20 to 25 times a day, every day, for weeks and weeks on end, so I answered the phone a few times when I would see the caller I.D. and there was never anyone or anything there. I waited for probably 2 minutes and nothing. Just open dead air.

Maybe its the same person who sends Colony Parks wife the anonymous and random Amazon packages.

But since Monday, not a single call on the line. In fact, we checked it to make sure it was still turned on, and it is.................

Now that I think about it, I also haven't had a "Warranty Call" or its dozens of variations in over a week now on my cell phone.

Been very nice..........
    Thatís actually an advanced identity theft scam. They record your voice to use it to apply for credit or convince someone else to send you money in Nigeria. Hello hello is all my home phone gets, my work phone I will identify myself by first name and company only.
    CADplans likes this.

12. Top | #20
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    I would love to see the end of spam calls. And if we get on a roll, go after spam emails next.

Remember the Do Not Call Registry? It was a national thing but NYS insisted on having their own. Many things were exempt off the bat. It never seemed to do anything and I have heard they finally went after some but don't know for sure.

The folks with internet phones are the worst for spamming the number. I get a lot of spam calls from local numbers, once caller ID even showed my own number calling me.

My house phone let me block 100 numbers. At the time Verizon let me block 5. It block list filled up fast and I was getting the same spam as they kept changing the caller ID.

My idea would require cooperation of the phone company. Remember the old 900 numbers, you know 900-xxx-xxxx dial a sex stuff? My idea would have me identify the caller to the phone company to add to my 900 list. I don't have to know the number. The next time they called they would have to pay $1 to bother me. Robo calls wouldn't know what to do. If they took the offer and dialed through anyway I could add them again and the price would go to $2, increasing by a buck each time. I would offer the phone company half the proceeds for administrative costs. I doubt I would have to pay a phone bill for a long time.

As far as internet phones, find the source MAC and block that.

I wish I were smart enough to create a virus that would scramble their computers, whether it was a server or a handheld. Hey, they started it. I want my phone back.

Remember the ones with the thick accent calling from Microsoft who told you that your computer is compromised? I told them to stay on the line so Interpol could trace the call. They always hung up and soon quit calling.

And last, I bought a programmable call blocker almost 2 years ago. I still haven't finished setting it up. It was a tad complicated and old school. Someday.
    spferdil and CADplans like this.
    2032R, 220R FEL, 270B Backhoe, RT1157 Tiller, 59" 2000 Snow Blower, LR 2072 Rake, OTC Cab, CL Subsoiler, 3pt Tow Hitch, UA 42" Forks, IMatch with Kenny's Hook, Kenny's Bolt-On Hooks

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast