Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Is This Right?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 11:57 AM
    Thanks

Is This Right?

I just saw on a TV ad while watching the Yankee game that the kabota is the best selling sub compact in the USA. Is that right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    You can make any statistic fit an agenda by massaging the criteria. Baseball is a prime example. "The batter hits 500...at this park..on a Friday afternoons... when it's sunny etc, etc,
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    You can make any statistic fit an agenda by massaging the criteria. Baseball is a prime example. "The batter hits 500...at this park..on a Friday afternoon... when it's sunny etc, etc,
    Yep... gotta read the very fine print at the bottom of the screen. Car commercials are another example. Every model it seems is the "best in its class" with "class" being defined as 2-door, 4-liter, standard transmission, no A/C, BLUE sedans, sold on Wednesdays in July, in the S.E. corner of Macon Parish in LA. :-)
    DRobinson, jimmylh, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 11:57 AM
    Thanks
    Aside from the small print (that you can’t see) and how well the batting is, does kabota sell the most sub compacts in the USA?

It’s a simple question like Ford sells more Mustangs than Chevy does Camaro’s.
    Toughsox likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    Aside from the small print (that you can’t see) and how well the batting is, does kabota sell the most sub compacts in the USA?

It’s a simple question like Ford sells more Mustangs than Chevy does Camaro’s.
    Kubota sub compacts are the best selling sub compact tractors at Kubota dealers.
    Tomfive, jgayman, BillieS and 4 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    Kubota sub compacts are the best selling sub compact tractors at Kubota dealers.
    Yep!!! In fact, Kubota dealers sell more Kubota than ANYTHING else!!
    jimmylh, PJR832, kylew and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:53 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I tried to actually find the sales numbers in the industry on the SCUTS by brand and I can say that while there are definitely total sales numbers for under 40 HP for all tractors, it's a pretty closely held secret what the actual sales numbers are by tractor brand and model.

I even went through the SEC Disclosure documents and tried to determine the sales by Model number for Deere by breaking down the financial results and while I was able to get close, no one is really posting that they sold xx,xxx numbers of 25 HP SCUTS.

Here is a link where you can purchase a report which provides all of the breakdown. But I am not that interested to spend $3,660 to find out.....

Industry Research Co – Worldwide Market Research Report, Analysis & Consulting

There is no question that the small tractor market is where the majority of the tractor sales are taking place. According to this summary, the under 40 hp category sells the largest share of all tractors in the U.S., but they also refer to this entire category as 2wd tractors, which further complicates just getting the details.

AEM: Compact Tractor Sales Down in September | Rural Lifestyle Dealer

I even asked the dealers if they had any industry wide production numbers and market share details and they claimed that they haven't. I would like to see the serial number sequences by model year and tractor model to see the total production numbers for Deere's tractors. There has to be a way to get this data, but I sure haven't found an easy answer........
    DRobinson, kylew and Toughsox like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    I just saw on a TV ad while watching the Yankee game that the kabota is the best selling sub compact in the USA. Is that right?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Kubota's been the global market share leader in the under 80 HP tractor market for years so it wouldn't come a shock if that held true for the U.S. market too. That said, the subcompact and compact tractor market has been Kubota's specialty. For years they had nothing to offer that was larger than 80HP.

Kubota's problem has never been getting market share or selling tractors. Their problem has been making money doing it. Kubota averages a 5% margin on global revenue. Deere has been dropping slightly but they typically still hold at least a 16% margin on global revenue.

Kubota makes tractors. Deere makes money making tractors.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Kubota's been the global market share leader in the under 80 HP tractor market for years so it wouldn't come a shock if that held true for the U.S. market too. That said, the subcompact and compact tractor market has been Kubota's specialty. For years they had nothing to offer that was larger than 80HP.

Kubota's problem has never been getting market share or selling tractors. Their problem has been making money doing it. Kubota averages a 5% margin on global revenue. Deere has been dropping slightly but they typically still hold at least a 16% margin on global revenue.

Kubota makes tractors. Deere makes money making tractors.
    Some supporting information for your (accurate) profitability observation:

Bloomberg-Jan2019
    Last edited by RodW; 08-18-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    DRobinson and PJR832 like this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks
    Also ask this question. Is it "sold" when the dealer pays them for it.. Or is sold when the actual consumer buys it?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    mark02tj likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast