A brutal reminder of Life's Fragility.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: A brutal reminder of Life's Fragility.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,424 Posts

A brutal reminder of Life's Fragility.

My wonderful next door neighbors son was killed today in an accident. He was doing his job when something went wrong and his life was over. A truly great guy, a loving husband, a dedicated son and he adored his 2 year old daughter.

Simply doing his job, although his job was not a typical job. He was an advanced driving instructor for Richard Petty Motorsports and he was in the managment of the Driving Experience for the Speedway at Walt Disney World. He was riding in the passenger seat of a Lambroghini which was being operated on the speedway as part of their Exotic Driving Experience. We do not have the specific details of precisely what occured, just a general description.

The driver was operating the Lambroghini on the track and lost control and the sports car struck a guardrail with the passenger side of the vehicle. My neighbors oldest son was the instructor in the passenger seat. The angle of the collision along with other factors still under investigation resulted in this wonderful young man, who was a truly gifted and experienced race car driver, losing his life.

The shockwaves that this has sent through our homes is simply stunning. I was standing in the driveway talking to his mother about him and his wife and daughter at the time the accident occured. While she didn't get called until an hour or so later and we obviously had no idea what was occuring while we were speaking about him, I never imagined what could be occuring. While we were discussing the next time he was coming home with his family and reflecting about his visit here over Easter which also was a celebration of his grandparents 65th wedding anniversary, it never occured to me that we wouldn't see him again during this life.

My neighbors are devastated by the news. In shock would be an understatement. Just like that, he is gone. Leaving a beautiful and loving wife and their precious 2 year old daughter. I am still stunned.

Although I have lost many people who were important and close to me, you still never get ready for the shock of the news. And when a death is so sudden and unexpected, the news takes your breath away.

Life is certainly precious. While we get into discussions about tractors and even into politics and problems with neighbors on this forum, it all seems so insignificant when the reality of life reminds us that we are each only here for a short while in perspective and some, have even less time to spend with those they love.

Rest in Peace my friend, G.T. You will be missed by many who really love you.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

blue87fj60 (04-15-2015), Carvel Loafer (04-15-2015), ColonyPark (04-13-2015), Danbeck (04-12-2015), dd57chevy (04-13-2015), DRobinson (04-13-2015), dschuffert (04-13-2015), etcallhome (04-13-2015), farmgirl19 (04-13-2015), fdmars (04-13-2015), Helitack16 (04-12-2015), Levi (04-13-2015), tj1 (04-13-2015), Tomfive (04-13-2015), Uncle Wayne (04-13-2015), Yamaguy (04-12-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about that. I tell my kids all the time to cherish the time you have because any one of those moments could be your last
    etcallhome and SulleyBear like this.
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CNGreen For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (04-12-2015)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    God's Speed

I have been involved with motorsports since I was a teen, it is brutally unforgiving of lack of skill or an inflated ego. I have lost many racing friends over the years, always tough.

I found the news video and report, I will be honest, when I saw the picture of the car resting against the infield barrier my first thought was that they were going opposite of standard racing travel as the car appeared to impact the end and the tracks I have either raced or spectated on always have the leading edge of the barriers are curved inward in order to present a rounded area to impact against.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    So sorry to hear of this tragic accident. Life is fragile, family is important. Getting together, breaking bread, laughing and smiling and having fun, and just plain enjoying ones family, is so precious. Often when my three are over with their families I sit back and just watch and smile, how wonderful!!
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,438 Posts
    There is nothing worse than losing one of your children. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks
    So sorry to hear this. They are in my prayers.

Weird, I heard about this on the 10:00 srn news last night.
    etcallhome likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Thanks
    Condolences to you and your neighbors.

A good friend of mine, and owner of the company I used to work for was an avid race car driver. He crashed and died during a practice run, really sad day.

Life definitely is precious. My motto: "Every day I wake up is a Good Day. Some days not as good, other days very good, but never a bad day."
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    There is nothing worse than losing one of your children. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
    Exactly right and something they will never forget. My heart and prayers go out to the family, friends and all involved.
    Wayne
    2013 JD 4520 CUT with 400X FEL
    1942 LA John Deere
    1910 John Deere Freight Wagon (restored)
    1946 John Deere Series 300 two disk plow

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNGreen View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. I tell my kids all the time to cherish the time you have because any one of those moments could be your last
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    God's Speed

I have been involved with motorsports since I was a teen, it is brutally unforgiving of lack of skill or an inflated ego. I have lost many racing friends over the years, always tough.

I found the news video and report, I will be honest, when I saw the picture of the car resting against the infield barrier my first thought was that they were going opposite of standard racing travel as the car appeared to impact the end and the tracks I have either raced or spectated on always have the leading edge of the barriers are curved inward in order to present a rounded area to impact against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    So sorry to hear of this tragic accident. Life is fragile, family is important. Getting together, breaking bread, laughing and smiling and having fun, and just plain enjoying ones family, is so precious. Often when my three are over with their families I sit back and just watch and smile, how wonderful!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    So sorry to hear this. They are in my prayers.

Weird, I heard about this on the 10:00 srn news last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    Condolences to you and your neighbors.

A good friend of mine, and owner of the company I used to work for was an avid race car driver. He crashed and died during a practice run, really sad day.

Life definitely is precious. My motto: "Every day I wake up is a Good Day. Some days not as good, other days very good, but never a bad day."
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wayne View Post
    Exactly right and something they will never forget. My heart and prayers go out to the family, friends and all involved.
    Thank you to everyone who has recognized the loss of this really wonderful young man. His family is extrodinarily close and they are always there for one another, regardless of distance or other logistical challenges. He has a large extended family. Just this past November, his younger brother was married and G.T., who lost his life, was the best man in the wedding.

It has been a privalege to know this family and to be a part of their lifes, even these tragic moments. I have communicated with his mother again throughout today and they are just beginning to deal with this very untimely and horrific loss. There are some people who you meet in life that leave you with a special impression, a good feeling. You just know that your life is better for having met this person and for their friendship. This young man was just that kind of person.

He simply adored his 2 year old daughter and he was a very loving and good husband. My heart has physically ached since getting this news yesterday. When you get dealt such a loss and there is nothing you can do but love and support those who have lost him, it leaves you with such an inadequate feeling inside.

Life has a way of really sending us wake up calls. It is what we learn from these life events and how we choose to treat others we encounter, which form many of the memories of each of us that we will someday leave behind. I know I always try to be the type of person that would make my mother, who died at her age 48, proud of me. One day, we will all be reunited again. Until that time, making the most of life and helping others and being a good person is a prudent plan by which to live my life.

Again, I thank all of you who have responded for your kind words, thoughts and prayers for this young man and his family.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,438 Posts
    His family is very fortunate to have you as a neighbor and more importantly as a friend. Even though it is tough on you as a friend, I'm sure they appreciate your support more than you will ever know.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (04-14-2015)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast