Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2048Likes

Thread: Our Dogs

1. Top | #151
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Forget the dogs; let's see some more pics of those lovely young ladies!
    Thanks for that, they are my daughters and the best things in my life, along with my wife. Kara is on the left in the light blue coat; she's now 26 and was a professional dancer for 5 years (no poles or laps involved ) She worked for a year at Alabama Theater in Myrtle Beach, and is negotiating to go back there. She's married now to a pilot. Lauren is on the right, she's 22 this weekend and graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill this past May. Graduated in 3 years and earned two B.A. degrees. Works for a software company at present, but looking for something in government service.

Now, back to the canines. Some really nice pooches on these pages.
    Last edited by KHodges; 10-28-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rydplrs and 6 others like this.
    My herd:
    2009 2520 FEL, 62D2 deck and various implements
    2002 GT235 46C deck
    1986 214 46" deck
    1986 212 38" deck
    1984 318 50" deck
    2008 X748SE gone but not forgotten

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #152
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KHodges View Post
    Thanks for that, they are my daughters and the best things in my life, along with my wife. Kara is on the left in the light blue coat; she's now 26 and was a professional dancer for 5 years (no poles or laps involved ) She worked for a year at Alabama Theater in Myrtle Beach, and is negotiating to go back there. She's married now to a pilot. Lauren is on the right, she's 22 this weekend and graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill this past May. Graduated in 3 years and earned two B.A. degrees. Works for a software company at present, but looking for something in government service.

Now, back to the canines. Some really nice pooches on these pages.
    That's great...two attractive daughters with brains to boot, and the degrees to prove it!!!

Let me say this about government service; I retired from the state after 18 years. It was very rewarding, and I feel like I contributed immensely. There are, of course, politics always lurking behind the scenes, and at that time, state service did not pay as well as the private sector, although the benefits are/were good. Federal service pays, or did at the time, much better than state service and better than a lot of private sector jobs. The big draw for government service, at least in my case, was the professional freedom I experienced.
    Have wings, will travel.

4. Top | #153
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:54 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,476 Posts
    The real Sulley Bear, last night awaiting her dinner. She took her pills and never moved from this position. How she chews and swallows lying like this I am not sure, but she does it all of the time. When dinner arrived, she rolled over and into the proper dining position. She has always been very good at eating what she is supposed to, not the case with her sister. Beasely is VERY picky and often, when you put her dinner down. she will get up and move away from it as if it's toxic or something. But Beasely will eat if I HAND feed it to her, which is ridiculous.........Usually, once you get Beasely started eating, she will continue, but she sure acts picky, picky, picky........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20191030_190155591.jpg  
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 8 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #154
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,495 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dixie 1A.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	711752

Wow! Look at this guy. I never tasted one of them before. I wonder if he will squeak when I shake him?

Name:	Dixie 1B.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	711754

There's things to eat in here. Where did this come from? They must think I'm smart, because I can read my name on the UPS label. Kind of makes me feel bad that I barked at the UPS driver.

Name:	Dixie 1C.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	711756

I caught him again. This is fun.

Dixie received her welcome package an note from the SulleyBear family. As you can see she was very happy to get it. Thanks to both Sulley's, Chloe and Mrs. Sulley. You are very kind and generous to the GTT pets. Dixie was very appreciative for her welcome.
    Gizmo2, grnspot110, rtgt and 7 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (10-31-2019), SulleyBear (11-01-2019)

8. Top | #155
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks
    She ever grows into those ears and tail, Dixies gonna be a big girl!
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 4 others like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kbar For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (10-31-2019)

10. Top | #156
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Thanks
    I did some extra critter fencing to try and keep Toffee from discovering chickens. She gets the run of our place now when I close the gates. I tried a Bobbie whistle today for the first time. One short whistle for COME. That will save my voice in the future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2, rtgt, rydplrs and 4 others like this.

11. Top | #157
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post

Wow! Look at this guy. I never tasted one of them before. I wonder if he will squeak when I shake him?

There's things to eat in here. Where did this come from? They must think I'm smart, because I can read my name on the UPS label. Kind of makes me feel bad that I barked at the UPS driver.

I caught him again. This is fun.

Dixie received her welcome package an note from the SulleyBear family. As you can see she was very happy to get it. Thanks to both Sulley's, Chloe and Mrs. Sulley. You are very kind and generous to the GTT pets. Dixie was very appreciative for her welcome.

That Yellow Duck seems to be a favorite with most puppies who have gotten one. It's one which Sulley includes in most of her "Special Welcome Packages", I think Toffee Biscuit and Winney both have one as well, if I recall.

Mrs. Bear and the real Sulley and Beasely all worked on the box. I saved the boxes from the recent pavement project which are just about perfect sized for sending Puppy and our other animal friends packages. The box had 30 pounds of premium crack filler in it in a solid block of rubber sealed in plastic so the boxes are nice and clean and don't have any scent to them. I have 37 of these boxes left, so it looks like Santa Sulley is going to be checking her list for all good boys and girls of the K9 variety and sending out holiday boxes.......

Dixie looks so happy and we are so glad she has gotten a good home and she is now loved and well cared for. I read Sulley's letter after it was sent and I wasn't involved in the process other than to get the address and provide the box. Enjoy your special package from your friends in Michigan, Dixie. I am sure we will be in touch again..............

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (11-02-2019)

13. Top | #158
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    I did some extra critter fencing to try and keep Toffee from discovering chickens. She gets the run of our place now when I close the gates. I tried a Bobbie whistle today for the first time. One short whistle for COME. That will save my voice in the future.

That’s the exact way I have called my dogs for decades. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. When there’s someone I don’t know coming near, either in a car, or whatever, I will just issue a quick “Ssah!” Short for “Who’s that?” Or “Wah!” Short for “Watch em!” And they know are alert and looking for my concern. If I say the words fully, they know I mean business, and are on full alert. Short and to the point is all they need for commands. Keep it simple stupid. Oh, and indoors or close by in public, I snap my fingers once, and Fritz will heel and sit by me at attention. I see people walking their dogs on the street, and jerking their leashes up, lifting their front feet off the ground, and hand signals galore, and want to go smack them. Dogs work off your vibe, and quick decisive commands, not jerky, nervous, angry behavior. I always stay calm around my dogs. They rely on it more than you think
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

14. Top | #159
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Thanks
    Here is Toffee after another outside walk with Mom & Dad.

15. Top | #160
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    Here is Toffee after another outside walk with Mom & Dad.

What a beautiful and well behaved young lady you have there. You are doing a great job. Santa Sulley and her Chief Elf, Beasely have noted Toffee's great behavior and I wouldn't be surprised that Toffee is going to be getting a delivery from Santa Bear..........Santa Bear would like to visit, but maybe someday. Too much snow plowing and other duties that time of year. Plus, new HOA Board and dual role as President and Treasurer, so lots to do, plus work.....sometimes.....
    DRobinson, rtgt, rydplrs and 3 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

rakane (11-02-2019)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast