Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: New mid engine Corvette

1. Top | #31
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 794 Posts
    Very nice, and it looks like it would be lots of fun.

I would really like it if it had a stick.

Probably a good thing that I cannot afford one. There is a very good reason I haven't owned a car since 1983. I decided keeping my drivers license was more important.
    Levi, mark02tj, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #32

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    Every since the C6 debuted the non flip headlamps I had a little more interest in them. When the C7 came out with the slightly more friendly removable top panel I decided that would be the wife's and my weekend cruise car someday. Since they revealed the new C8 and the prices are going to by starting at 58k...the prices for the leftover C7s will come down hard. Even used cars will lose some value as many are jumping ship to the mid engine with more HP. Personally I want a manual transmission.

The wife keeps hinting if we don't get new snowmobiles or a tractor a corvette can be had....
    Levi and jdforever like this.
    2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart, CTA 66" blade
    2018 Ariens Hydro Pro EFI 28" #313 926068 - SOLD
    2017 Ariens 24" Platinum SHO EFI 921053 - SOLD

4. Top | #33

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 04:22 PM
    Thanks
    I have always been a fast car guy, corvette's, mustangs, ferrari's, lambo's, etc. Anything that goes fast and I can drive, I am in. I can not wait to see the C8 in person. The only thing for me is I am disappointed that they are not offering a manual trans. I really enjoy shifting the gears but all of the top end sports cars no longer have manuals either.....I guess people have become lazy and it also is more about how fast you can get to 60mph these days......
    2017 JD 2038R, 220R Loader Heavy Bucket, Single Point Hydro
    60" MMM w/ Mulching Kit, JD iMatch, Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar,
    Custom Deck Dolly, Titan Forks, Strongway Plug Aerator,
    ECHO 58V Trimmer, Blower & Chainsaw, Ford F250,
    Jeep Grand Cherokee, 92 American Skier, 18 Lamar Tilt
    Deck Trailer

Brendan

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #34
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    Rode In My brothers Vette Last week I Still can't even see Paying that Much Money for The ride a Corvette has. I'll stay with a Pick Up truck. About the Only sports Car I have ever Been Interested In is a Subaru WRX
    That is my daily driver. Well mainly in the winter. I am on one of the motorcycles more this time of year.

The red Jetta TDI was the previous car that VW did the buy back on. I do miss the MPG but love the AWD. More so in the snow. Second shot was after getting back from plowing the driveway with the WRX. I went back out afterward and plowed with the John Deere. Can't do this with a Vette.

Levi likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

7. Top | #35
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Thanks
    I really like the looks of the new 8th generation Corvettes, but it will be 10 years or so before there is enough of them on the used car market to get one in my price range. I wonder how roomy they are on the inside. That's a common complaint on the Corvette forums about the 7th generation 'vettes (2014-2019).

Luckily for people like me, there are a lot of Corvette owners that buy them, almost never drive them, then sell them 10 years later, only to find out they're worth 1/3 of what they cost new, and they never got the enjoyment out of it.... Buy it, drive it, enjoy it is my motto.

My mid life crisis has hit a few times.. Just before I retired I bought a motorcycle...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0259 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	704662

That was a replacement for a Honda Goldwing. Once the wife's arthritis got bad, she could no long ride with me... so she said I should trade it in and get a bike just for myself.. I think I was out the door before she finished the sentence. It's 10 years old now with 62,000 miles on it.

Then a few years ago, the urge to get something fun for both of us hit again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7289 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	704664

It was gently used... someone's garage queen. Got a great deal (a little over 1/3 of the original 2007 sticker price). Even with the wife's bad back, arthritis, and heart issues, she still enjoys a ride in the convertible. The 6th generation Corvettes (2005-2013) are actually not that outrageous in price. 400+ horse power, 30 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH! A great road trip car and a whole lot of fun!!
    Levi, jdforever and spferdil like this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

8. Top | #36
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Not a chance Mark. I've owned three C6 Corvettes, and I really liked them, but this GT350 is sooooo much more fun to drive. It's also more practical, having a back seat and a decent sized trunk. All my grandchildren are still small enough that they can comfortably sit back there.

Seriously though, I would not buy one until it's been in production for at least two years. Since 2011, I've owned 3 new Corvettes, a new BMW M4 and now my Shelby. I doubt that I will ever own one, but as much as I love cars, I have learned to "never say never".
    I have a current gen Camaro SS, I'll likely take a real hard look at the new Corvette in 2021 or so and make a decision on whether I pick up one of the last Camaros or change over to the new 'vette then. It'll depend on the ergonomics, I've not been comfortable in any 'vette newer than the 1970s.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

9. Top | #37
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    The 6th generation Corvettes (2005-2013) are actually not that outrageous in price. 400+ horse power, 30 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH! A great road trip car and a whole lot of fun!!
    It's amazing how much mileage that can be extracted from today's "hot rods", that is, if you can resist the urge to hammer it.
    Levi and trboxman like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

10. Top | #38
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    I really like the looks of the new 8th generation Corvettes, but it will be 10 years or so before there is enough of them on the used car market to get one in my price range. I wonder how roomy they are on the inside. That's a common complaint on the Corvette forums about the 7th generation 'vettes (2014-2019).

Luckily for people like me, there are a lot of Corvette owners that buy them, almost never drive them, then sell them 10 years later, only to find out they're worth 1/3 of what they cost new, and they never got the enjoyment out of it.... Buy it, drive it, enjoy it is my motto.
    This is more common up in the great north. Many of them are put away for the winters. That helps keep the miles off them.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. Top | #39
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    It's amazing how much mileage that can be extracted from today's "hot rods", that is, if you can resist the urge to hammer it.
    I can get 26mpg on my commute without working at it, I drive it not baby it.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

12. Top | #40
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 01:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I'm just the opposite. If it isn't at least 400hp, I'm not interested. I did the soccer mom thing in 7 minivan over 20 years. It is sooo nice to be able to pass an idiot.
    Very true!! I'd hate to be the one that had to work on the engine of the new 'Vette.
    Would I like it? H*** yah! Would I buy one? Not unless I won the lotto or something like that.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast