• 3 Post By SulleyBear
  • 5 Post By sennister
  • 3 Post By SulleyBear
  • 3 Post By Zebrafive

Thread: Done with Jet.com, Using Amazon Pantry and what a difference

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts

Done with Jet.com, Using Amazon Pantry and what a difference

I was briefly thinking that I had reached a special status with Amazon last Friday as I placed my 100th order for this calendar year. Little did I know all of the activity which they would send later the same day to my house...

Then, later in the afternoon Sulley let me know there was activity out front and as I looked out the window and there were three Amazon Van's in the center of the cul-de-sac pulled next to one another, with their logo down the side of them and they were shuffling packages between the three of them in our cul-de-sac. They use the Dodge or Mercedes tall vans.........One of them brought our Amazon Pantry package to the house.

At the same time, the USPS noisy Jeep pulled up and was delivering the mail as well as something I had ordered from Amazon. While the mail lady was throwing her delivery package at my front steps with her normal level of disdain, UPS also pulled up right behind her and the UPS driver ran past the mail lady, gently places the Amazon box on the front entrance, scanned it and ran back to his truck.

The UPS driver was the last to arrive on the scene and the first to exit. It was funny as he passed the mail lady coming to the house and he passed her still approaching the house as he ran back to his truck. The Blink cameras provide all sorts of entertainment value allowing me to watch it over and over....

On a side note, Amazon Pantry does such a GREAT JOB, I am done buying from Jet. Amazon has excellent packaging and in fact, they have some of the heaviest cardboard boxes I have ever seen used for normal delivery items. Plus, the flaps lift up and they have built in handles for carrying the boxes. The last 3 Jet deliveries arrived with everything thrown in a box with no packing and stuff was crushed and damaged and two of the last 3 boxes from Jet were broken open when we received them. Jet has lost our business and Amazon earned it. The next Amazon Pantry box I am going to take pictures of how they pack them and post it for all to see. It's impressive and done correctly, verses Jet's pitch and ship methods.........Not to mention Amazon Pantry's prices were the same or a little lower in some cases.

Walmart had better pay attention as they paid a significant amount of money for Jet.com to get into the online sales and delivery game and they are screwing it up with their terrible packaging and cheap boxes which they over load and tear open in shipment. Amazon is knocking it out of the park, yet again....................

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks
    FedEx has driven me crazy for years.

Many years ago I bought a TV. I come home and the TV is sitting in the middle of the driveway. A big box with Sony Color TV (like I said, many years ago). I had to drive around the TV to get to my parking spot. As I am pulling up I notice the yellow slip on the front door from UPS. I think to myself, nice that they let me know I had a package. The entire neighborhood could tell. I go up and grab the slip. It said something to the effect of....

Package left behind house. P.S. I didn't leave the color TV in your driveway.

I then went and checked the slip... FedEx.

Last fall we ordered a new TV. Why do all TVs seem to ship by FedEx??? Anyhow I get the estimate for the delivery day so I take the day off. The day changes to a couple days later, so I change the day off. Then it changes to a couple days earlier. In the process of shipping the TV from the east coast to MN the delivery day changed 5 times. Of course they finally found a day that I couldn't take off because I had to be in the office for a meeting and that is the one they stuck to. I left work as soon as I could but missed the delivery. Of course I could tell them to hold it but the TV was too big to fit in our car or truck. Which is why I had it delivered.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    FedEx has driven me crazy for years.

Many years ago I bought a TV. I come home and the TV is sitting in the middle of the driveway. A big box with Sony Color TV (like I said, many years ago). I had to drive around the TV to get to my parking spot. As I am pulling up I notice the yellow slip on the front door from UPS. I think to myself, nice that they let me know I had a package. The entire neighborhood could tell. I go up and grab the slip. It said something to the effect of....

Package left behind house. P.S. I didn't leave the color TV in your driveway.

I then went and checked the slip... FedEx.

Last fall we ordered a new TV. Why do all TVs seem to ship by FedEx??? Anyhow I get the estimate for the delivery day so I take the day off. The day changes to a couple days later, so I change the day off. Then it changes to a couple days earlier. In the process of shipping the TV from the east coast to MN the delivery day changed 5 times. Of course they finally found a day that I couldn't take off because I had to be in the office for a meeting and that is the one they stuck to. I left work as soon as I could but missed the delivery. Of course I could tell them to hold it but the TV was too big to fit in our car or truck. Which is why I had it delivered.

One of the last boxes we received from Jet, via Fed Ex was completely open. I noticed on the security cameras the Fed Ex driver was bent over doing something at the box on the front step. He had a difficult time getting the box to the entrance because it was open and heavy so the card board was bending, etc.

When I get outside, the driver had tied a piece of string around the box, which was purely for esthetic reasons and did nothing to hold it shut, the moment I moved the box, the string broke.

Then I got an email from Fed Ex that explained the box was damaged in transit and they made an effort to "secure it".........

Perhaps it was the thought that counts.....+

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Thanks
    As soon as I saw Walmart mentioned in the first post, I thought "Walmart got rid of the Jet employees and hired minimum or sub minimum wage workers to pack the boxes?" If there is a way to cheapen a process up, Walmart will do it?, IMHO
    wildbranch2007, Herminator and Big like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Thanks
    Ditto Sennister's FedEx comments. I just had the displeasure of dealing with FedEx again this week.

A left front caliper pin stuck (inadequate lubrication during assembly) on my Ford E450 that only has 50K miles on it, prematurely wearing out disc brake pad and ripping up a rotor. So two weeks ago I nosed it up to the garage, in the driveway and began a front brake job. In the process of removing the left rotor, I notice the upper ball joint has excessive play. Sure enough it also needs ball joints. I've never been impressed with Ford's Twin I-Beam front suspension and this is yet another reason to support that conclusion. Ball joints at 50K miles!!! I've never been a big Ford fan, but it was either a Ford or GM as they had the only stripped chassises that were affordable. So I went with the lesser of two evils.

So, yup, I need a $300 ball joint press to replace them. I ordered it from Amazon. With the Labor Day holiday, it was a week coming. Of course, I need some adapters that are not included in the kit. I luck out and find a used, like new, set on ebay for a fraction of new. They ship them FedEx ground from Washington. Projected delivery was another week. They were suppose to arrive Monday and didn't. I check FedEx tracking. They sat for three days in their metro sorting center. They were finally delivered yesterday, Wednesday. UPS would have had them here in four working days and USPS would have been three. This wasn't a large package, either. The shipping cost would have been half as much with USPS, as well.

Thirty years ago, if you wanted something to arrive late, be damaged, and go through all kinds of bureaucratic hassle, you shipped with USPS. If you wanted an affordable, quick and no hassle shipment, you shipped with UPS. I was a loyal UPS customer for 20+ years. Then their rates went goofy and every time we received an invoice there was some tacked on surcharge for several of our shipments. We dropped UPS and went with FedEx. That went well for a few years, but then FedEx adopted the UPS playbook with crazy rates and surcharges. The package sorters at both FedEx and UPS have to be qualified at unraveling steel balls, so they can quickly mangle packaging and damage the contents. Now we find if it is under 10 pounds and does not have a package dimension that exceed 12", USPS is half or better less than UPS or FedEx and it'll arrive quicker---with no extra charge for Saturday delivery and undamaged.

It is kind of funny how the tables have turned with time.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements