• 3 Post By Corkpuller
  • 2 Post By 2LaneCruzer

Thread: Humming bird on a broom.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks

Humming bird on a broom.

I know, no pics didn't happen, but I didn't have my phone with me. A humming bird flew into my workshop this morning while the garage door was open. He kept buzzing around the ceiling and wouldn't go back out the door. I finally got a broom and just held it up, no swatting or swinging, and tried to see if I could herd him toward the door. He landed on the broom and just stayed there! I was surprised and slowly walked out the door and found myself saying "stay, stay". lol. He sat on the broom for a good two minutes and looked at me several times before he flew away.
    glc, Gizmo2, rtgt and 7 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    When I was a kid, the neighbor lady had one get in her garage. It finally stopped on a window sill exhausted and she picked it up an carried it out. It sat in the palm of her hand and after a couple of minutes, flew off. Similar story to mine. They are amazing little birds.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman View Post
    When I was a kid, the neighbor lady had one get in her garage. It finally stopped on a window sill exhausted and she picked it up an carried it out. It sat in the palm of her hand and after a couple of minutes, flew off. Similar story to mine. They are amazing little birds.
    I had one exhaust itself in a barn window and when it was fluttering against the glass when I walked in I was horrified because I thought it was a giant insect before I had a good look at it.
    I captured it in my cupped hands and walked out to show my 5 year old daughter. The moment I opened my hands it took off and she did not get much of a look at it but it earned a nice giggle.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Thanks
    I took a pic when I helped this one,,,

etcallhome, ChrisR, rtgt and 8 others like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

2LaneCruzer (09-12-2019), etcallhome (09-14-2019)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    I finished my gutter guards last Saturday, and when I got to the area of where my wife hangs her feeder, I got buzzed a couple times by our resident bully. This guy makes my resident stellar jays look like wussies. We’ve watched aerial dog fights he and about 4 other birds had, and he always runs them off. Funny little creatures, and we’re fortunate to have them. I think Cadplans can start a reserve

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Thanks
    Little suckers get in my metal shops quite often. Last week I was tryin to herd one out with a corn broom and I finally pinned it to the roof and she lit on the broom, but soon as I'd lower the broom she'd jump ship and bang her head up against the roof again.

It's like they got a bird brain or something.

I lowered the roll up doors on both ends to about 2' off the ground and left. Old lady went out there an hour later and she was gone.
    I've also caught a good many with a fishin dip net. Catch and release...
    etcallhome, jimmylh and Herminator like this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Little suckers get in my metal shops quite often. Last week I was tryin to herd one out with a corn broom and I finally pinned it to the roof and she lit on the broom, but soon as I'd lower the broom she'd jump ship and bang her head up against the roof again.

It's like they got a bird brain or something.

I lowered the roll up doors on both ends to about 2' off the ground and left. Old lady went out there an hour later and she was gone.
    I've also caught a good many with a fishin dip net. Catch and release...
    I've found that opening all the doors wide open, a bird will leave when it starts getting dark. I think they fly toward the light, and when it starts getting dark, the way out becomes apparent. Works for me.
    wildbranch2007 and Herminator like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements