Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Bearing Housing "MADE IN CHINA"

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-23-2016 @ 05:46 PM
    Thanks

Bearing Housing "MADE IN CHINA"

I just got done mowing yesterday and had disconnected the MMM to blow off the grass.
    After blowing around the bearing housings, I noticed the "MADE IN CHINA" on the aluminum
    housing. I have to say I was disappointed in this.. I was hoping JD would cheapen and add China made
    parts..Anyone else noticed other items on their John Deere that are "MADE IN CHINA"?
    SulleyBear and tj1 like this.
    2015 1025R FEL
    John Deere iMAtch
    60" MMM auto Connect
    60" Frontier Box grader
    54" Front Blade
    24"X 50" Yard Roller
    Heavy Hitch
    Modifications, Back up light, and Horn, Iphone Carger/ holder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Don't look at you loader mounts!

Yes, it is unfortunate but it is a "global economy" as they say...
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-18-2016 @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    I'm not surprised but i could have gone all day without knowing that and been happy. Long as it works I guess.
    If we avoided all things made in China these days I think we would end up living in a stick hut with nothing in it and walking to work. For what its worth, I think it's the manufacturers spec that determines the quality control of the product not just where it is manufactured.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by potential View Post
    For what its worth, I think it's the manufacturers spec that determines the quality control of the product not just where it is manufactured.

I agree 100%
    etcallhome and Craigusaurus like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    I think it's the manufacturers spec that determines the quality control of the product not just where it is manufactured.
    then John Deere had best get better specs, the sealed bearings on the 54" snowblower leak grease and don't last.
    Levi, SulleyBear and tj1 like this.
    2025r fel snowblower

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 835 Posts
    For what its worth, I think it's the manufacturers spec that determines the quality control of the product not just where it is manufactured.
    Not only the end users spec, but also the end users QA process.

Spec all you want, but you better inspect!
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 7 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    Not only the end users spec, but also the end users QA process.

Spec all you want, but you better inspect!
    That's getting to be a lost art and left up to the customer.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Top | #8
    tj1
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 01:50 PM
    Thanks
    This is what came on a brand new 47" JD snowblower that the dealer said was fine.. Even with the super duper intergalactic warrantee I ended up changing out this part, dealer would not.. The blower never even saw snow yet, it was run just to be tested after being installed for the first time.

Attachment 44121Attachment 44122

The impeller was against the housing and you can see the wear, but that was okay,, Ya sure it was, and the second picture shows the abuse from the factory and notice the name on the bearing. Still don't know why only half of the flange was wearing?? The eccentric collar was not engaged either and if you zoom up the image you can see the inner race of the bearing was wearing irregularly because the shaft was spinning inside the race.. Great stuff made in China.. Jeff
    Gizmo2, Levi, Oberhaz and 2 others like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

11. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftaylor View Post
    This is what came on a brand new 47" JD snowblower that the dealer said was fine.. Even with the super duper intergalactic warrantee I ended up changing out this part, dealer would not.. The blower never even saw snow yet, it was run just to be tested after being installed for the first time.

Attachment 44121Attachment 44122

The impeller was against the housing and you can see the wear, but that was okay,, Ya sure it was, and the second picture shows the abuse from the factory and notice the name on the bearing. Still don't know why only half of the flange was wearing?? The eccentric collar was not engaged either and if you zoom up the image you can see the inner race of the bearing was wearing irregularly because the shaft was spinning inside the race.. Great stuff made in China.. Jeff
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eek.gif 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	44123
    tj1 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    12-29-2018 @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    I'm not surprised but i could have gone all day without knowing that and been happy. Long as it works I guess.
    If we avoided all things made in China these days I think we would end up living in a stick hut with nothing in it and walking to work. For what its worth, I think it's the manufacturers spec that determines the quality control of the product not just where it is manufactured.
    Yes, but in China they would make the frame out of 6" Poplar. Everywhere else they would use 6" treated Oak. It's made of wood and to the correct dimensions, right?

Mr. Moose
    Levi and SulleyBear like this.
    1026R TLB Born on Nov 13, 2012; adopted Mar 6, 2013
    RC2048 Rotary Cutter, JD 47" Quick-Hitch Snowblower, JD 54" Quick-Hitch Blade, JD 3-pt Trailer Hitch, HLA Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch Plate, Superwinch S5000

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast