Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Genuine Muck boots experience?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 2,309 Posts

Genuine Muck boots experience?

Finding proper footwear for myself is an ongoing battle. Without going into the medical details...I am looking for a boot for winter. I want/need a slip on boot for a couple reasons.

Time spent outside in winter these days is minimal. Mostly 5-10 minute trips to the barn etc. The most time is spent when doing snow removal on my tractor.

Even without snow my grass area is always wet - always.

I was in town yesterday and looked at a pair of Muck Boots - the genuine ones. The knockoffs all looked like junk.

I couldn’t try any on as there were none in my size (13 or 14) so I would have to order online. Looking at reviews at a couple different sites seems mostly positive for what I am looking for.

I normally take a size 13W (wide) but they aren’t available from Muck. Some reviews said they were OK going up a size with wide feet which would be a 14 for me.

There is very little available out there in a wide snow boot period.

The ones I looked at in person I liked. So before ordering something for which I would have to pay return shipping I was looking for some real time experiences from our members. I will likely order from LL Bean as I have a 25% coupon that actually works on boots right now. All other places consider Muck boots exempt from discounts.

As an addendum - I looked hard a Bean’s boots but just can’t get over the tread design. They look downright slippery to me - the last thing I need right now is to fall. Plus, again, no wide sizes.

I am looking at the Muck Arctic Sport mid-high boots. They seem to run around $150 everywhere. With my Bean coupon I can get them for $112.

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/coll...rt-short-boots

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	98338E8A-8688-4BD8-BF8F-77A4A720AC27.jpeg†
Views:	127†
Size:	24.7 KB†
ID:	711594
    Last edited by coaltrain; 10-30-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, JKR and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:32 PM
    Thanks
    I have a pair of the Muck Muckster II Low in the green color that I picked up this spring from the local farm supply store. I have a set of boots (not Muck Brand) that I was wearing around with all the construction and mud that has been going on this year but I wanted something easier to slip on/off. The shoes have been great for me. I like something like this for slipping on to head out to the shop for working. They are pretty comfortable and I have been wearing them while working all day on weekends doing wiring, and other various tasks around the property.

I never really paid much attention to them until I saw my cement guy wearing a pair of the boots. I asked him about them and he stated how he loves them so I was thinking about getting a pair of the boots but then saw the shoes which I felt for my use are a better solution and would get used more than the boot. If I need boots because of deep snow, I will just wear insulated work boots.

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/coll...12625580818526

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks sinnister.

I also like the Muscksters but I wear my Merrell Jungle Mocs all the time outside. They are only suede and get wet all the time from the wet grass but for some reason my feet never get wet. Also my YakTracks (shoe chains) fit them perfectly.

The Jungle Mocs are the only shoe Iíve ever had that doesnít bother my feet. Plus I get really good traction with them.

Name:	E944754A-D689-44AD-8CFF-45A1E4DE9C65.jpeg†
Views:	123†
Size:	50.2 KB†
ID:	711612

So I am looking for a mid-calf boot like I pictured. I can only hope I find them as comfortable as the Jungle Mocs.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Thanks
    I have had a pair of muck boots the past few years that were a gift from the wife for Christmas one year. I have 2 pairs of redwings, 8 inch high same style with one insulated, one not that I use for work(crane operator). With them being gore tex they stay waterproof no matter the beating or age they never leak. With that said when job site conditions get really bad, like the one Iím currently on, the muck boots come out. Soon as I slip them on I remind myself that they are nice and comfortable and wonder why I donít wear them more. Now coming up on winter time they are my go to boots for shoveling, snow removal on my 1025R and pretty much anything outside in the snow. Without being the arctic version they do a really good job with a thick pair of socks of keeping my feet warm while Iím on the tractor, and even alittle too warm when Iím shoveling by hand walking around. Iím a size 13 and they fit well, maybe even a tad bit roomy which works when I wear the thicker socks, but not so much they they feel loose with a regular pair. I recommend them anytime someone asks, and notice less and less of the big yellow slip on over your boot styles and more muck boots worn by all the trades on job sites anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, coaltrain and JD4044M like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigben542 For This Useful Post:

coaltrain†(10-30-2019)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 09:30 AM
    Thanks
    I've had a pair of the Chore Tall for at least 7-8 years.... https://www.muckbootcompany.com/coll...chore-hi-boots

They are to the point where I was going to start looking for another pair before winter. They are the only boot I need to wear outdoors in the winter and I generally get cold feet. I dont know if it has to do with the fact they are also keeping my calves warm also but I can wear these outside all day on the weekend and not have my feet hurt or get cold.

Btw... I also have wide feet and mine are comfortable in their regular width boots
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in wisconsin For This Useful Post:

coaltrain†(10-30-2019)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    I wear a cheap Walmart knock off of those slip-ons a lot just going to the shop. I worry some about the soles cause a sharp rock can hurt my foot and a nail well that is another story. With my painful hip joints it was to hard to get my Ft. Lewis Danner Insulated Boots on. Now I can wear them again being able to lace them up. Love my Danners and I have even colder weather boots if needed down to -80 below so my tootsies stay toasty! Sorry but I can't deal with cold feet and still be outside.

There almost $400.00 a pair now! Glad I bought 2 pair a long time ago for fire use they will last me a lifetime now.
    The consummate foot soldier, Dannerģ Fort Lewis Waterproof Boots are approved by the U.S. Army Forces Command. With a patented waterproof and breathable GORE-TEXģ lining, these boots will keep your feet dry and comfortable for the journey. The Vibramģ Kletterlift outsole offers outstanding shock absorption and gripping action — even on wet surfaces. Uninsulated for warmer weather. The Danner Factory can recraft these boots to extend the usable life.

Name:	Danner Boot.jpg†
Views:	14†
Size:	190.0 KB†
ID:	711616
    Last edited by JD4044M; 10-30-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    BigJim55 and coaltrain like this.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in wisconsin View Post
    I've had a pair of the Chore Tall for at least 7-8 years.... https://www.muckbootcompany.com/coll...chore-hi-boots

They are to the point where I was going to start looking for another pair before winter. They are the only boot I need to wear outdoors in the winter and I generally get cold feet. I dont know if it has to do with the fact they are also keeping my calves warm also but I can wear these outside all day on the weekend and not have my feet hurt or get cold.

Btw... I also have wide feet and mine are comfortable in their regular width boots
    That is VERY helpful - thanks!
    BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thanks sinnister.

I also like the Muscksters but I wear my Merrell Jungle Mocs all the time outside. They are only suede and get wet all the time from the wet grass but for some reason my feet never get wet. Also my YakTracks (shoe chains) fit them perfectly.

The Jungle Mocs are the only shoe Iíve ever had that doesnít bother my feet. Plus I get really good traction with them.

Name:	E944754A-D689-44AD-8CFF-45A1E4DE9C65.jpeg†
Views:	123†
Size:	50.2 KB†
ID:	711612

So I am looking for a mid-calf boot like I pictured. I can only hope I find them as comfortable as the Jungle Mocs.
    Not sure of the brand but I have had shoes like the Jungel Mocs. Those are the ones that I replaced with the Mucks.

Like I mentioned above, my only experience is with the shorter shoes not the boots but I would buy them again. I have a cheap pair of rubber type boots but I don't wear them much. Maybe if I got a better pair like what you are looking at I would be more likely to wear them more.
    BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Not sure of the brand but I have had shoes like the Jungel Mocs. Those are the ones that I replaced with the Mucks.

Like I mentioned above, my only experience is with the shorter shoes not the boots but I would buy them again. I have a cheap pair of rubber type boots but I don't wear them much. Maybe if I got a better pair like what you are looking at I would be more likely to wear them more.
    I have a really cheap pair of plain rubber ones - I think I paid $10 for at Tractor Supply. I bought them for when cleaning out my little spring pond so I could stand right in there after I drained it - about 12Ē of water.

My thoughts are the same - if they are really nice, and I can slip them on easily for all my short trips to the barn, it will be worth it.

Just holding them in the store yesterday impressed me in that they seemed to be made well and somewhat flexible in both the ankle and sole which is important to me.

I looked at different lace type winter boots here and there over the years - the cheap $40-$50 ones. You can feel how cheap they are. What really gets me about the cheap ones is the sole - they are so stiff I canít get them to flex with all my might. So howís that going to feel when walking?

I am hoping it is a good investment. Worse case Bean will send me a return UPS label and deduct $6.50 from my credit.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Thanks
    I had a couple of pairs of the muck boots and used them all them time until... bent rusty nail through the sole and deep into my insole. OUCH.
    Wear a pear of the Georgia boot high top "Romeo" slip-ons with steel toes and steel shanks now.
    Comfortable, wear them all day long, summer and winter, and don't worry about my toes or what I'm stepping on any more.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    tquarles
    1025R FILB with 60" MMM, 48" Kuhn tiller, 60" Howse box blade,
    Howse post hole digger, JD LX60 brush cutter, Bearcat chipper, 3-point broadcast spreader
    Artillian forks and receiver mount, Cyclone Rake.
    Gator TS

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast