Global warming/Climate Change - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 112
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Global warming/Climate Change

  1. Top | #51
    Logictox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
    They use ice cores to study climate far beyond the time range most deniers think is possible. Most of the people who refuse to accept the science will be dead before things change enough to drastically affect them. For many people their lifetime is the only window they consider, and it's hard to argue otherwise.
    Antarctica contains 80% of the world's fresh water reserves but it hasn't rained their in 2 million years, give or take a couple hundred thousand. So how about the other 4.5 billion years?

    When people ask about accepting science I assume they mean absolute science, you know water freezes at 32F or 0C. That's science and is indisputable. When people refer to hypothesis as science, well that's when it gets pretty fuzzy. Anytime you add a huge money factor into the science, well that's when it goes right out the window because money bends every rule. IMHO.
    Id est, quo id est.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Logictox For This Useful Post:

    Dr Maphesto (11-09-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #52
    DanW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Logictox View Post
    Antarctica contains 80% of the world's fresh water reserves but it hasn't rained their in 2 million years, give or take a couple hundred thousand. So how about the other 4.5 billion years?

    When people ask about accepting science I assume they mean absolute science, you know water freezes at 32F or 0C. That's science and is indisputable. When people refer to hypothesis as science, well that's when it gets pretty fuzzy. Anytime you add a huge money factor into the science, well that's when it goes right out the window because money bends every rule. IMHO.
    Always amazes me when I hear this argument that people don't recognize the fossil fuel industry's role in the climate change disinformation campaign.

    And with that, I'll say no more on the subject.
    Last edited by DanW; 11-09-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    "We're all ignorant, just in different subjects." - Will Rogers

    2018 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Light Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, Ken's Hooks and diff pedal, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks, Grammer MSG85/721 Suspension Seat, Front Quick Hitch w/Hydraulic angle, Deere 60" QH Blade

  5. Top | #53
    Logictox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Always amazes me when I hear this argument that people don't recognize the fossil fuel industry's interests in the climate change disinformation campaign.
    Now replace Fossil Fuel industry with climate scientist, globalist and government. You see it works both ways. I've been reading and listening to the gloom and doom predictions for so many years, like a child crying wolf not a single one has come to pass yet. Again when people say science it needs to be science, not predictions based on theories, bad ideas or MONEY.
    Id est, quo id est.

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #54
    ddinham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Location
    Eastern Kansas
    Posts
    3,652
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 503 Times in 386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    The issue most have with this "poppycock" data is that those harvesting the data desire a certain outcome to reinforce their opinion.
    Just because I do not understand the methods they are applying does not mean that those methods are beyond questionable.

    Furthermore, implying that those who refuse to blindly accept someone else's science is a tactic that simply doesn't work either.

    Remember that old statement. Figures don't lie, only liars figure. I used to work for a boss that was the best at that.

    Dave
    Old Cajun and Logictox like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

  8. Top | #55
    Old Pa-pa Old Cajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,095
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Lets face it, the *climate science well* has been badly poisoned by pseudoscience, agenda driven crackpots and their no-nothing followers.

    Good data is there, but it takes a lot of digging.

    The earth and therefore climate are dynamic systems, constantly changing over time:
    1) The sun's aging and evolving.
    2) The earth's aging and evolving (decreasing core heat from radioactive decay, continental drift, ocean currents.)
    3) Even the position of the sun in relation to the galactic plane is a cycle that comes into play.

    We have an idea what happened in the past to some degree, far from perfect though and based on a lot of assumptions.

    Can we predict the future with all the dynamics involved, maybe a little, but dang sure not to the precision as some would have us think.
    BigJim55, johnH123, Jeff B and 1 others like this.
    Neil

    2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

  9. Top | #56
    Dr Maphesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Location
    Northeast SD
    Posts
    516
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 49 Times in 36 Posts
    So essentially we all can agree that the climate does change, but man's activity has no measurable effect on the climate.

    Why does the fake news continually perpetuate the lie?
    And why are people so naïve and willing to swallow it?
    Last edited by Dr Maphesto; 11-09-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    BigJim55 and Old Cajun like this.
    Join me in boycotting anti-American Nike

  10. Top | #57

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The first time Fact news was used was in Germany Lügenpresse by the Hitler

    Be careful with throwing that term around, one day we to could wind up like China, Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran and others which all the news/media sources are controlled. While it may be slanted to gain readers, if its not a lie, then its not fake.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    5425 4WD

  11. Top | #58
    Logictox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDodge View Post
    The first time Fact news was used was in Germany Lügenpresse by the Hitler

    Be careful with throwing that term around, one day we to could wind up like China, Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran and others which all the news/media sources are controlled. While it may be slanted to gain readers, if its not a lie, then its not fake.
    Hitler did deal with fake news, we broadcast it because we knew how effective it was. You should read up on Der Chef, he broadcast out of England from 1941 until 1944 and it was fake news. Having been married to a newspaper editor for 20 years make no mistake the power of the press and how opinions shape the news we get.
    BigJim55 and Old Cajun like this.
    Id est, quo id est.

  12. Top | #59
    DanW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    So essentially we all can agree that the climate does change, but man's activity has no measurable effect on the climate.
    Ummm, no. We don't all agree to that.
    BigJim55 and Dr Maphesto like this.
    "We're all ignorant, just in different subjects." - Will Rogers

    2018 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Light Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, Ken's Hooks and diff pedal, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks, Grammer MSG85/721 Suspension Seat, Front Quick Hitch w/Hydraulic angle, Deere 60" QH Blade

  13. Top | #60
    DanW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Logictox View Post
    Now replace Fossil Fuel industry with climate scientist, globalist and government. You see it works both ways. I've been reading and listening to the gloom and doom predictions for so many years, like a child crying wolf not a single one has come to pass yet. Again when people say science it needs to be science, not predictions based on theories, bad ideas or MONEY.
    Who do you think is paid more, a climate scientist or an oil company executive?

    The way science works is someone comes up with a hypothesis. It's up to another scientist to prove or disprove that hypothesis. Simply saying they don't believe it doesn't count.

    Ask yourself this. What if you're wrong and the scientists are right?
    Last edited by DanW; 11-09-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    "We're all ignorant, just in different subjects." - Will Rogers

    2018 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Light Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, Ken's Hooks and diff pedal, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks, Grammer MSG85/721 Suspension Seat, Front Quick Hitch w/Hydraulic angle, Deere 60" QH Blade

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •