Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Surprise for wife's 40th Wedding Anniversary

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks

Surprise for wife's 40th Wedding Anniversary

Well, this past Saturday marks our 40th wedding anniversary, been together 43 years now altogether, and the wife had a few days to spend with Church activities, so I was a little sneaky behind her back.
    She wasn't scheduled or occupied for anything yesterday and I talked her into "taking a ride to Lowes" with me.
    We drove past Lowes, and she says you missed your turn".
    I told her since I was already up that way might as well check on something else real quick.
    There's a motorcycle sales place I pulled into (knowing I could whip around back and head right back to the exit we came in), she's giving me the "EVIL EYE" all the time on the motorcycle lot, lol.
    Pulled in next door at the Nissan car dealership, parked the car, told her I'd be right back out.
    The salesman I dealt with Saturday comes pulling up next to our car, gets out with keys in his hand, knocks on her window and she rolls it down.
    He hands her the keys to the car he just got out of and says "Congratulations on your belated 40th wedding anniversary, here's your new car".
    Meanwhile, I'm inside the showroom watching it all take place. She started crying with happiness when I came out grinning ear to ear.
    Bought her a new 2015 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback, inline 4-cylinder, 4-door, AM/FM/CD, Cruise control and A/C.
    Haven't had time to take any personal pics, as it's been raining here yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but, here's an exact pic of what it looks like. The color is called "Metallic Peacock", although it looks "Aqua" to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Nissan Versa Note.jpg  
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 20 others like this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    tj1
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    Well, this past Saturday marks our 40th wedding anniversary, been together 43 years now altogether, and the wife had a few days to spend with Church activities, so I was a little sneaky behind her back.
    She wasn't scheduled or occupied for anything yesterday and I talked her into "taking a ride to Lowes" with me.
    I told her since I was already up that way might as well check on something else real quick.
    There's a motorcycle sales place I pulled into (knowing I could whip around back and head right back to the exit we came in), she's giving me the "EVIL EYE" all the time on the motorcycle lot, lol.
    Pulled in next door at the Nissan car dealership, parked the car, told her I'd be right back out.
    The salesman I dealt with Saturday comes pulling up next to our car, gets out with keys in his hand, knocks on her window and she rolls it down.
    He hands her the keys to the car he just got out of and says "Congratulations on your belated 40th wedding anniversary, here's your new car".
    Meanwhile, I'm inside the showroom watching it all take place. She started crying with happiness when I came out grinning ear to ear.
    Bought her a new 2015 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback, inline 4-cylinder, 4-door, AM/FM/CD, Cruise control and A/C.
    Haven't had time to take any personal pics, as it's been raining here yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but, here's an exact pic of what it looks like. The color is called "Metallic Peacock", although it looks "Aqua" to me.
    You are a good husband Bill, and Congrats on such a long happy marriage.. We hit 43 years together too this past march 16th, 41 years married.. Goes by fast doesn't it! Seems we have a lot in common.. also from your past posts.. Jeff
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 668 Posts
    Congratulations on your anniversary.
    etcallhome and Bill Berger like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    Congratulations. Great idea, and a fitting tribute a loyal partner. You might think about what you're doing for an encore...we're sneaking up on our 52nd; your 50th will be here before you know it.
    farmgirl19, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 1,213 Posts
    You sigh person, you.............Congrats on your Anniversary. And, Congrats to her on the new car.

And, all I bought the wife for our 40th(3 years ago), was a Anniversary Ring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0011.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	956.9 KB 
ID:	44769
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

8. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post
    You sigh person, you.............Congrats on your Anniversary. And, Congrats to her on the new car.

Mike, it's the thought that counts! I bet she loved her ring. JT
    farmgirl19, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

9. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Congratulations Bill Berger on both your anniversary and the new car. You're a good man and your wife is a lucky lady.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 991 Posts
    As they say, "You the man!"
    Just great job all around!

Cajun
    Last edited by Old Cajun; 04-30-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    Levi and Bill Berger like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    Congrats on the 40 years we just had our 44 ..

Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post

Very nice... on our 25th anniv (I thought) asked my SIL to give me a price on a 3/4 carat ,since he was manager of a jewelry store. Wife finds a ring she like everyone is happy. I'm standing and my wife had been setting trying on these rings. So she stands up and gives me a big kiss and informs me I can do it again next year on our 25th wedding annv.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Thanks
    good work Bill. I thought you were going to say you bought her a new Harley! I was leaning towards a Gator or a new Stihl chainsaw for the wife on the next anniversary. I think she might want me to get her some forks for the 2320 though?
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast