Boss can i have the day off.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree27Likes
  • 7 Post By etcallhome
  • 2 Post By sterling40man
  • 1 Post By Levi
  • 4 Post By RandyM
  • 5 Post By pappa
  • 2 Post By Gizmo2
  • 2 Post By DRobinson
  • 3 Post By etcallhome
  • 1 Post By Levi

Thread: Boss can i have the day off.

  1. Top | #1
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,506
    Thanks
    3,300
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts

    Boss can i have the day off.

    BOSS CAN I HAVE THE DAY OFF

    So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for.
    There are 365 days available to work.
    There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have two days off per week.
    Since you spend 16 hrs each day away from work, you have used up 170 days.
    Leaving only 91 days available.
    You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break (before smoking breaks).
    which counts for 23 days each year leaving only 68 days available.
    With a one hour lunch each day using another 46 days leaving 22 available for work.
    You normally spend 2 days on sick leave.
    This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work.
    We are off 5 holidays per year, so your working time is down to 15 days.
    We generously give you 14 days of vacation each year, which leaves only 1 day available for work.

    I'll be switched if you're going to take the day off.
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    sterling40man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Location
    Northern Maine
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 196 Times in 158 Posts
    Good one!
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    Bob

    2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

  4. Top | #3
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:43 PM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    BOSS CAN I HAVE THE DAY OFF

    So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for.
    There are 365 days available to work.
    There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have two days off per week.
    Since you spend 16 hrs each day away from work, you have used up 170 days.
    Leaving only 91 days available.
    You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break (before smoking breaks).
    which counts for 23 days each year leaving only 68 days available.
    With a one hour lunch each day using another 46 days leaving 22 available for work.
    You normally spend 2 days on sick leave.
    This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work.
    We are off 5 holidays per year, so your working time is down to 15 days.
    We generously give you 14 days of vacation each year, which leaves only 1 day available for work.

    I'll be switched if you're going to take the day off.
    You're a real spoil sport!
    etcallhome likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Yeah, I am glad he isn't my boss.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  7. Top | #5
    pappa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    5,116
    Thanks
    249
    Thanked 454 Times in 360 Posts
    nice post! I have been wondering why I am feeling so tired since I retired. I am working harder now than when I actually worked for a living. Wish I would have seen this post before I went and retired
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

  8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,453
    Thanks
    5,851
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    nice post! I have been wondering why I am feeling so tired since I retired. I am working harder now than when I actually worked for a living. Wish I would have seen this post before I went and retired
    That's it, I'm not retiring.
    farmgirl19 and Levi like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  9. Top | #7
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,644
    Thanks
    2,115
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    That's it, I'm not retiring.
    You finally see it my way.
    Gizmo2 and farmgirl19 like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  10. Top | #8
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,506
    Thanks
    3,300
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    That's it, I'm not retiring.
    Oh , So your coworkers tell you as they told me..." Why retire you don't do anything now ? "
    Gizmo2, farmgirl19 and Levi like this.
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  11. Top | #9
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:43 PM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Oh , So your coworkers tell you as they told me..." Why retire you don't do anything now ? "
    etcallhome likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •