• 1 Post By CNGreen
  • 1 Post By johnH123

Thread: Symantec (Norton AV) is trying to help me save money

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks

Symantec (Norton AV) is trying to help me save money

I got this message today when I tried to access the JD website. I guess my internet security is trying to help watch out for my wallet also

Dangerous Website Blocked

You attempted to access:
    https://www.deere.com/globalhome/dee...obal_home.page

This is a known dangerous website. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this website has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Thanks
    I got the same thing the other day. Had to reset my Interwebs configuration to get around it. I had been using Google's DNS (because Charter Cable can't seem to keep their's online!) and it looks like Google is using Norton's app to "protect" us all. Once I reconfigured to just use my ISP's default DNS server the problem went away.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNGreen View Post
    I got this message today when I tried to access the JD website. I guess my internet security is trying to help watch out for my wallet also

You attempted to access:

This is a known dangerous website. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this website has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.
    I use the Norton 360 Program and now whatever they have replaced it with and I have gotten that same error message going into the Deere site and then I retry a minute later and it went thru fine. I have also found that the U.S. site has never given me the error message but the global page has several times.......

Rarely do I override the security warnings but in the case of deere's home pages, I have and so far my computer has remained "free of illnesses".......or viruses.
    Levi and CNGreen like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I got the same thing the other day. Had to reset my Interwebs configuration to get around it. I had been using Google's DNS (because Charter Cable can't seem to keep their's online!) and it looks like Google is using Norton's app to "protect" us all. Once I reconfigured to just use my ISP's default DNS server the problem went away.
    We are on charter here also. I just went around it. Have to get my daily JD fix
    Levi likes this.
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    We are on charter here also. I just went around it. Have to get my daily JD fix
    I have charter and McAfee and just tried to get on the site and it went through with no problems.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Thanks

You attempted to access:

CNGreen likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com