What I Saw Today... - Page 1456
Page 1456 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 456 956 1356 1406 1446 1454 1455 1456 1457 LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,560 of 14567
Like Tree147582Likes

Thread: What I Saw Today...

1. Top | #14551
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmichael View Post
    I can't tell you how many of those we see with clutches burnt up and very low miles due to people that can't drive a manual. Buying them and then complain because jeep doesn't warranty clutches that are burnt only defects for 12 months

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Back about 20 years ago I sold my 1995 F150 locally - first time doing that. It was the 6 cylinder 5 speed with only 77k miles at 10 years old. The truck was in beautiful shape.

A local guy from town came with his son - was to be his first vehicle that he’d been saving for. The dad took it for a drive. I told him I had it since new. Offered to have him take it to any local mechanic he wanted to have it checked out if he wanted.

3 months after they bought it I got the nastiest email ever. All about how I ripped his son off since the truck now needed a new clutch.

Huh? The kid had never driven anything let alone a standard. He managed to burn the clutch up in those 3 months and it was my fault?

Never again. I’ll take the hit and trade in from then on - I just can’t deal with people.
    mjncad, glc, rtgt and 5 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #14552
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,594 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
    Wowsers, that's crazy money for something nothing more than a convenience!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    This loses me. PTO’s are already quick connect, some are better than others but ....
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing since the first time I saw the JD add for these, what exactly is the point.
    The cost issue is even more of a concern when you add the cost of the unit needed for each PTO driven implement, which is the larger share of the cost. Each implement adds about $250 to outfit it with the coupling on the implements PTO shaft. First thought I had was are you going to need to shorten each PTO shaft this device is used on because of the added length?

We have at least one GTT member who is disabled and I believe he has only one functioning arm / hand. No question its a helpful addition for someone who has challenges connecting and disconnecting the PTO shaft for such reasons. Also, it is a slick piece from a connection standpoint. I was a little surprised how easily it disconnects as just a little pressure on the release lever and it comes right apart. Being up under the PTO shroud, I doubt something could accidentally push the release lever, but their goal was to make it easy to connect and no question, it is very easy to connect and disconnect.

I will say, its a very well made piece and also very heavy duty, so it should last forever. I was surprised when I disconnected it on the display. It's heavy as a solid cast piece would be. I can see why they have a cable on it or otherwise people would probably drop it on their foot, not to mention have it disappear out the door........

The dealer has a display right at the parts counter where I was waiting for my new battery. Good thing I checked the box when the battery came out as the parts guy had pulled the wrong battery at first. He tried to tell me the replacement battery had the round filler caps for adding the battery acid and frankly, looked like the batteries did 40 years ago. I insisted he must have pulled the wrong part and sure enough, I was correct. He had transposed part numbers which is dangerous when you are in the parts "bidness".

The new battery was $99, which I found pleasantly surprising. I asked him if he was charging me the right price since he had pulled the wrong battery and I don't think he appreciated my "humor". He said "I can charge you more if you want" to which I replied "I think you usually do".

I noticed on the Green Parts website, the price they showed was $154........It does weigh about 40 pounds so the difference could partially be shipping.

By the way, I stopped at Batteries Plus and they had a Duracell Battery which was only 450CCA and $138. So the battery from my dealer ended up being the best deal when compared to the 22NF batteries at Advance Auto, O'Reilly, Autozone and Batteries Plus. They were all in the same price range as the Batteries Plus battery, plus or minus $10......
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #14553
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    That bucket is too small for Big Muskie.
    Big Muskie's bucket is still in Ohio.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OHREIbigmuskie02.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	713100
    mjncad, glc, etcallhome and 8 others like this.
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60HC mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14554
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Thanks

Not John Deere gators...

Saw these two at Silver Springs FL

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	589.0 KB 
ID:	713146
    mjncad, etcallhome, rtgt and 8 others like this.

7. Top | #14555

Last Online
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Thanks
    I saw on another forum, that Amazon was offering $40 discount to Veterans that renew their Amazon Prime this weekend,,

We renewed ours, and it extended the May renewal for $79,, WOOT!!

If you want to start or renew your Amazon Prime,, for $40 off,, start here,,

https://www.amazon.com/prime/promo/p...f_=us_mil_cs_2

There are so many Veteran discounts this year,, I could eat 20 free GREAT meals in po-dunk Roanoke on Monday,, And get a free Sheetz car wash!!
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

8. Top | #14556
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks

Name:	9DAD5B31-4475-40FB-B072-0719345C3C81.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	713200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4C8DF67-ECBC-4A72-B38B-3CFDA4F7F8B6.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	713202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C239FF8-51E7-46EF-B2CD-14D86272A593.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	969.1 KB 
ID:	713204
    mjncad, glc, etcallhome and 8 others like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade crap

The only time we’ll ever be equal is when we reach the singularity of a black hole.

9. Top | #14557

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
    Wowsers, that's crazy money for something nothing more than a convenience!

Think so? Marriage is a convenience and it costs lots more!...and what about that itty bitty tractor you bought? Aint that also a convenience and look what that cost
    2032r 220r loader with standard bucket and BH hooks, Frontier AV20 root grapple, 3rd function EH200K, dual outlet control valve BVL10882, BLV10881 power beyond, 270B back hoe with BLV10026 16 inch and BXX10246 trenching bucket, Frontier AP11F 42 inch pallet forks, B10 bio ballast

10. Top | #14558
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    Think so? Marriage is a convenience and it costs lots more!...and what about that itty bitty tractor you bought? Aint that also a convenience and look what that cost
    Minor details....

mjncad, rydplrs and mark02tj like this.

11. Top | #14559
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Back about 20 years ago I sold my 1995 F150 locally - first time doing that. It was the 6 cylinder 5 speed with only 77k miles at 10 years old. The truck was in beautiful shape.

A local guy from town came with his son - was to be his first vehicle that he’d been saving for. The dad took it for a drive. I told him I had it since new. Offered to have him take it to any local mechanic he wanted to have it checked out if he wanted.

3 months after they bought it I got the nastiest email ever. All about how I ripped his son off since the truck now needed a new clutch.

Huh? The kid had never driven anything let alone a standard. He managed to burn the clutch up in those 3 months and it was my fault?

Never again. I’ll take the hit and trade in from then on - I just can’t deal with people.
    A friend of mine's on again, off again live in would burn out the clutch on her car because the dummy rode the clutch pedal.

Since we keep vehicles till the wheels fall off and have little trade in value; we just call the local charity (usually Salvation Army) and donate the vehicle and write it off on our taxes. No muss, no fuss, no pain in the butt people to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by X750 View Post
    Saw these two at Silver Springs FL

Florida is a good place for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    I can't say that I've ever seen a 4-door '67 Chevelle.
    DRobinson, rydplrs, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

12. Top | #14560
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    A friend of mine's on again, off again live in would burn out the clutch on her car because the dummy rode the clutch pedal.

Since we keep vehicles till the wheels fall off and have little trade in value; we just call the local charity (usually Salvation Army) and donate the vehicle and write it off on our taxes. No muss, no fuss, no pain in the butt people to deal with.

Florida is a good place for them.

I can't say that I've ever seen a 4-door '67 Chevelle.
    It also looks a four door hardtop (no post). I don't know that I have either.
    mjncad, rydplrs and PJR832 like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements