You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 598
Page 598 of 604 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 6032
Like Tree51835Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #5971

Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Thanks

Try a marina or boat supply

Quote Originally Posted by Rogero246 View Post
    What grinds my gears is trying to do the right thing by my leaf blower, chain saw, and trimmer only to find alcohol free fuel is $34.00 for 110oz. No place around here sells alcohol free gas at pump. What's a guy to do
    If you have any marinas or boat supply places, they probably have alcohol free gas. Most of the stations around the water have a pump with it in our area. You could also try the local airport. FG19 could tell you more about the airport fuel situation. I don't know if they will sell 5 or 10 gallons at a time, I know marinas do.

Treefarmer
    Last edited by Treefarmer; 04-14-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #5972
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,034 Posts
    It's about 85 - 90 miles from my place, hardly worth the time and gas to get fuel. I did check out the pure gas website, guess I live in the wrong part of country. Never did figure out the advantage of adding ethanol cept to line the pockets of some politicians

All the places around me are selling the pre-packaged cans like "TRU-FUEL"
    That's all I have used for years now with fantastic results. But I am lucky if I use a quart a year.

I could have sworn your post before this said ALCOHOL free fuel - was waiting with anticipation to the responses.
    ejb69, rydplrs, jdforever and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

4. Top | #5973

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    Well then don't reply...............it is a free country!
    I live with a masters and bachelors degree retired teacher, author and editor who feels it is her mission in life to correct my English language abuses and of course anything I put down in writing is thoroughly examined for correctness so as not to make her look bad for having a bubba talking husband should my work be seen by her degree holding friends and associates. Run on sentences by me and incorrect punchuation..............not a chance!
    There is a difference between relentless nitpicking about minor details and someone who writes an almost illegible paragraph that normal, literate folks have to puzzle over to try to understand. But you're right, people have the right to construct their posts as poorly as they want and I'm free to ignore them. My assistance to someone like that will hold about as much value as they put into asking for it.

Rob
    mjncad, Tomfive, pappa and 4 others like this.
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #5974
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,033 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Some people don't have that ability or skill set. I won't hold that against them.
    DRobinson, Tomfive, pappa and 9 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

mark02tj†(04-15-2019)

8. Top | #5975

Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    That's all I have used for years now with fantastic results. But I am lucky if I use a quart a year.

I could have sworn your post before this said ALCOHOL free fuel - was waiting with anticipation to the responses.
    Ethanol is the same alcohol as in adult beverages. Industrial just has some impurities you donít want to drink.

9. Top | #5976

Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    New hampshire,"The Granite State": where we grow rocks
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post

Some people don't proof read before posting and then there are those that don't catch their mistakes even when they proof or is that 80proof. Hmmm better read that JD BLACK label again

TREEFARMER Thanks for the tip about the marina and airport I'll have to check them out

Told my wife about ethanol / Alcohol blooper and she said I should have blamed it on spellcheck. She is soon much smarter than me
    mjncad, Tomfive, pappa and 7 others like this.
    Roger O
    1025R SCUT
    120R LOADER
    260B BACKHOE
    54D MMM w/ AUTO CONNECT

WISHLIST
    I WANT IT ALL

SSG US army 6yr 3mo 10d
    Work hard, retire, work harder

10. Top | #5977
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    Ethanol is the same alcohol as in adult beverages. Industrial just has some impurities you donít want to drink.
    I've got a jug of ethanol without denaturant in the garage.
    It occasionally comes out to satisfy curiosity of those who've never tried it. Yes, it's OK to drink. But it is obvious that no effort is put into making it palettable. About a quarter ounce shot is enough to make you realize that if that is all that is left, you should just call it a night and quit drinking.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 7 others like this.

11. Top | #5978
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    There is a difference between relentless nitpicking about minor details and someone who writes an almost illegible paragraph that normal, literate folks have to puzzle over to try to understand. But you're right, people have the right to construct their posts as poorly as they want and I'm free to ignore them. My assistance to someone like that will hold about as much value as they put into asking for it.

Rob
    I had the nerve to criticize a former Denver Donkey for being in trouble with the law on a local TV station's YouBoob channel, and I just ignore the replies written in Ebonics.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

12. Top | #5979
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Some people don't have that ability or skill set. I won't hold that against them.

I'm only here for the Deere pics and the sandwich thread.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

13. Top | #5980
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    Some people don't proof read before posting and then there are those that don't catch their mistakes even when they proof or is that 80proof. Hmmm better read that JD BLACK label again

TREEFARMER Thanks for the tip about the marina and airport I'll have to check them out

Told my wife about ethanol / Alcohol blooper and she said I should have blamed it on spellcheck. She is soon much smarter than me
    Some of us donít always have the time to proof read. Not all of us went to higher the higher schools, some may not even have finished high school. Then thereís that thing that puts words in . Sometimes changes them automatically and we donít catch it.
    I can fab and repair most things. Spelling and grammar skills are poor at best. I try to help folks that have to ask how to do very basic things like change oil. If they canít put up with my poor righting, well they can pay some to fix there **** then
    DRobinson, rtgt, rydplrs and 7 others like this.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 598 of 604 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 ... LastLast