You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 599
Page 599 of 643 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6422
Like Tree55262Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

  1. Top | #5981

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:19 PM
    Location
    Eastern Virginia, United States
    Posts
    4,255
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 762 Times in 502 Posts

    Moonshine

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    I've got a jug of ethanol without denaturant in the garage.
    It occasionally comes out to satisfy curiosity of those who've never tried it. Yes, it's OK to drink. But it is obvious that no effort is put into making it palettable. About a quarter ounce shot is enough to make you realize that if that is all that is left, you should just call it a night and quit drinking.
    LOL, there's a whole industry relating to moonshine which is mostly just uncut, unaged ethanol. Way back when the test was to set some on fire. If it burned with a nice blue even flame, it was ok to drink. Any sparkles or yellow color meant pour it out. I never really trusted the home grown stuff but the little I tasted gave me a whole new appreciation for fire down the throat.

    Treefarmer
    mjncad, pappa, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #5982
    WifeSaidOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 83 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogero246 View Post
    What grinds my gears is trying to do the right thing by my leaf blower, chain saw, and trimmer only to find alcohol free fuel is $34.00 for 110oz. No place around here sells alcohol free gas at pump. What's a guy to do
    For my 2-stroke stuff, I use regular gas oil mix. I go through a ton of it during the summer, so the canned Tru Fuel is too expensive for that. When it gets closer to fall and when I will be getting ready to put my stuff away for the winter, I switch to using the Tru-Fuel. That way it is stored with the good stuff in the carb.
    I do make an exception for my chain saw. I only run the canned stuff in that, since I really don't use it that frequently.
    etcallhome, Tomfive, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with piranha tooth bar and HLA Forks
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

  4. Top | #5983
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    Joelton TN
    Posts
    19,402
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Good shine doesnít taste bad at all. But it does warm you up on the way down.

    If it burns at first, youíre doing it wrong. Donít chug or slam it. Thatís where it does itís thing. Just ease up on it. Taste it. Roll it around. All of a sudden youíll start tasting the flavors instead of all the burn.
    - Jason

    GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

    Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

    2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #5984
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:42 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    18,959
    Thanks
    1,019
    Thanked 2,961 Times in 2,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    Some of us donít always have the time to proof read. Not all of us went to higher the higher schools, some may not even have finished high school. Then thereís that thing that puts words in . Sometimes changes them automatically and we donít catch it.
    I can fab and repair most things. Spelling and grammar skills are poor at best. I try to help folks that have to ask how to do very basic things like change oil. If they canít put up with my poor righting, well they can pay some to fix there **** then
    I was raised by an English professor. But was not taught anything mechanical. That is one reason I come here - to learn the mechanical end of things.

    Thatís what is great about this forum - many folks from all walks of life and backgrounds.

    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Good shine doesnít taste bad at all. But it does warm you up on the way down.

    If it burns at first, youíre doing it wrong. Donít chug or slam it. Thatís where it does itís thing. Just ease up on it. Taste it. Roll it around. All of a sudden youíll start tasting the flavors instead of all the burn.
    Iíve had my share of shine. Some was godawful while others were smooth enough after the first sip. The best I ever had came from Tenn - was a rye based shine. A daughter of a neighbor would come visit twice a year - I had a standing order.
    mjncad, dieselshadow, rtgt and 7 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

  7. Top | #5985
    rtgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,546
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked 952 Times in 687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    For my 2-stroke stuff, I use regular gas oil mix. I go through a ton of it during the summer, so the canned Tru Fuel is too expensive for that. When it gets closer to fall and when I will be getting ready to put my stuff away for the winter, I switch to using the Tru-Fuel. That way it is stored with the good stuff in the carb.
    I do make an exception for my chain saw. I only run the canned stuff in that, since I really don't use it that frequently.
    Pretty much the same here.

    My good saw only gets the canned fuel. The MS170 gets some every now and then.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

    3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

  8. Top | #5986
    rtgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,546
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked 952 Times in 687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    I've got a jug of ethanol without denaturant in the garage.
    It occasionally comes out to satisfy curiosity of those who've never tried it. Yes, it's OK to drink. But it is obvious that no effort is put into making it palettable. About a quarter ounce shot is enough to make you realize that if that is all that is left, you should just call it a night and quit drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    LOL, there's a whole industry relating to moonshine which is mostly just uncut, unaged ethanol. Way back when the test was to set some on fire. If it burned with a nice blue even flame, it was ok to drink. Any sparkles or yellow color meant pour it out. I never really trusted the home grown stuff but the little I tasted gave me a whole new appreciation for fire down the throat.

    Treefarmer
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Good shine doesnít taste bad at all. But it does warm you up on the way down.

    If it burns at first, youíre doing it wrong. Donít chug or slam it. Thatís where it does itís thing. Just ease up on it. Taste it. Roll it around. All of a sudden youíll start tasting the flavors instead of all the burn.
    All this talk about moonshine.

    I won the 6th grade science fair with grandpa's recipe.
    mjncad, DRobinson, pappa and 11 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

    3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

  9. Top | #5987
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:59 PM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,149
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 475 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    All this talk about moonshine.

    I won the 6th grade science fair with grandpa's recipe.
    That 'splains it then...my folks came from Donegal Ireland to Bowling Green by way of Virginia.
    mjncad, DRobinson, pappa and 8 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

  10. Top | #5988
    pappa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:20 AM
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    4,836
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 422 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    You mis-spelled punctuation.



    Sorry... my fingers typed this out as my brain screamed Nooooooooooo! :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    It depends on whether you use Webster's dictionary or Pappa's.
    What is a dickshunary and who is Webster? Using his sounds dirty and why would I have one? Like mini otters on hear I know eggsackly what I meen win i eye make a poust hear! Their r sites that gate and mensus people hang ouht on to kumpear their branes tu sea whus smeartar!
    mjncad, DRobinson, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

  11. Top | #5989

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    2,351
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 501 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    mensus people hang ouht on to kumpear their branes tu sea whus smeartar!
    So you sponser a sTink Tank too?
    mjncad, DRobinson, rtgt and 4 others like this.

  12. Top | #5990
    pappa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:20 AM
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    4,836
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 422 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    So you sponser a sTink Tank too?
    Why yes , I have a 2,000 gallon one buried in the ground that comfortably seats 12 and its full of stink!
    mjncad, DRobinson, rtgt and 5 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 599 of 643 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts