You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 627
Page 627 of 657 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6567
Like Tree56392Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

  1. Top | #6261
    spferdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 381 Times in 236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Just an FYI, a LOT of the newer phones do NOT have user replaceable batteries, regardless of manufacturer or operating system.
    Last smartphone I bought, the only one I could find that had a user-replaceable battery was the LG V20.
    mjncad, Tomfive, rydplrs and 4 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #6262
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanks
    1,766
    Thanked 544 Times in 429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    It was and it was the only one I ever saw fly. The Peacemaker, if I remember.
    That's correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Well, there's your first mistake......
    You beat me to it!
    DRobinson, pappa, rydplrs and 2 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  4. Top | #6263
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,354
    Thanks
    2,060
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    theres a McDonalds near my job site that when you walk in, they tell you to order through a kiosk so I walked out
    I refuse to use them. I go to the counter and tell the attendant what I want. The smart ones enter it at the counter, take my money, give me my change and go get the order. The "robots" take my order, walk to the kiosk, enter the order, walk back to the counter, take my money, give me my change and go get the order.
    mjncad, rydplrs, jdforever and 5 others like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #6264
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    6,788
    Thanks
    1,387
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I refuse to use them. I go to the counter and tell the attendant what I want. The smart ones enter it at the counter, take my money, give me my change and go get the order. The "robots" take my order, walk to the kiosk, enter the order, walk back to the counter, take my money, give me my change and go get the order.
    One more step in the evolution of technology, isn't it making your life just easier?

    I was ordering at the McDonald's drive through in Casper, Wyoming and somehow, I asked the person on the other end of the order where they were located (as I had read in the WSJ that McDonald's was implementing centralized ordering at the drive throughs) and the person was in the Los Angeles area, and entering the order into the computer and sending it to that store for processing. I asked how many different stores they handled and it was dozens. Amazingly, I did get the right items......

    I haven't seen a kiosk in our area yet, but I also don't go to McDonalds more than 1 or 2 times a month and when I do, its through the multi lane drive through. I did pull up the other afternoon to get a caffeine jolt and I was the only person in any of the drive through lanes, which is very rare. Usually, they are lined up 10 cars deep in each lane, but I was also there at 2:30pm.........

    The nicest woman works at that store taking your money. She is probably in her late 40's or maybe 50 and always has her finger nails painted really fancy and she is actually very pleasant to deal with. She always tells everyone that "She hopes they have a blessed day"...and of course calls you "Honey".....

    She was passing out survey requests to be completed online about the ordering experience and she asked each person to complete the survey, for which I think you got a free Big Mac or something on your next visit. She wrote her name on the receipt so it could be input into the survey. Hope she got a raise or bonus for doing a great job as she is quite unusual for most who work in that position......at least that I have encountered. And, she actually hands you your coin change and THEN the paper money, instead of that highly irritating "balance the pile of change on the bill" and you drop it all trying to get it into the car.......
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 6 others like this.

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  7. Top | #6265

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Location
    Northeast SD
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Parents that provide everything for their kids.
    Kids no longer know what it is to want.
    They don't understand that work comes before everything.
    Youth with any drive are EXTREMELY rare.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 8 others like this.

  8. Top | #6266
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,268
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 497 Times in 355 Posts
    Websites that take forever to get logged on...particularly when Sharn Jean has used the computer previously, and leaves the keyboard on all caps.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 4 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

  9. Top | #6267
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,354
    Thanks
    2,060
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    One more step in the evolution of technology, isn't it making your life just easier?

    I was ordering at the McDonald's drive through in Casper, Wyoming and somehow, I asked the person on the other end of the order where they were located (as I had read in the WSJ that McDonald's was implementing centralized ordering at the drive throughs) and the person was in the Los Angeles area, and entering the order into the computer and sending it to that store for processing. I asked how many different stores they handled and it was dozens. Amazingly, I did get the right items......

    I haven't seen a kiosk in our area yet, but I also don't go to McDonalds more than 1 or 2 times a month and when I do, its through the multi lane drive through. I did pull up the other afternoon to get a caffeine jolt and I was the only person in any of the drive through lanes, which is very rare. Usually, they are lined up 10 cars deep in each lane, but I was also there at 2:30pm.........

    The nicest woman works at that store taking your money. She is probably in her late 40's or maybe 50 and always has her finger nails painted really fancy and she is actually very pleasant to deal with. She always tells everyone that "She hopes they have a blessed day"...and of course calls you "Honey".....

    She was passing out survey requests to be completed online about the ordering experience and she asked each person to complete the survey, for which I think you got a free Big Mac or something on your next visit. She wrote her name on the receipt so it could be input into the survey. Hope she got a raise or bonus for doing a great job as she is quite unusual for most who work in that position......at least that I have encountered. And, she actually hands you your coin change and THEN the paper money, instead of that highly irritating "balance the pile of change on the bill" and you drop it all trying to get it into the car.......
    The McDonald's in town is the only "fast" food place within 20 miles. The owner also owns several other McD's in the area. The service at his stores is terrible. When you get out of this area and go to McD's, the service is much improved and they do not even ask if you want to use the kiosk. At the poor service stores, the receipts that have the phone number for the customer service survey say, "Please say that you are HIghly Satisfied" or something of that nature. A couple years ago, my grandson and I went in in the evening and ordered cheeseburgers, fries and cokes. After 23 minutes, I summoned the teenage manager using my CSM voice and plainly told him that I wanted my money back. I told him that we had waited 23 minutes and would not wait any longer. When he went to the cash register to reverse the sale and get my money, he said, "This is funny, your order is just coming out". I told him that I didn't find it funny and to refund my money. He gave me the money and as we were going out the door, one of the girls said, "Sir, you forgot your order". I told her that I didn't forget and to keep it.

    After we got in the truck and headed out and I cooled down some, I apologized to Dakota, my grandson who was 16 at the time. He said, "That's OK Grandpa, I thought it was awesome". Always a good day when you can make your grandson happy.
    mjncad, Tomfive, rydplrs and 8 others like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

    PJR832 (05-13-2019)

  11. Top | #6268
    Kbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Location
    -Western WA
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 54 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    The McDonald's in town is the only "fast" food place within 20 miles. The owner also owns several other McD's in the area. The service at his stores is terrible. When you get out of this area and go to McD's, the service is much improved and they do not even ask if you want to use the kiosk. At the poor service stores, the receipts that have the phone number for the customer service survey say, "Please say that you are HIghly Satisfied" or something of that nature. A couple years ago, my grandson and I went in in the evening and ordered cheeseburgers, fries and cokes. After 23 minutes, I summoned the teenage manager using my CSM voice and plainly told him that I wanted my money back. I told him that we had waited 23 minutes and would not wait any longer. When he went to the cash register to reverse the sale and get my money, he said, "This is funny, your order is just coming out". I told him that I didn't find it funny and to refund my money. He gave me the money and as we were going out the door, one of the girls said, "Sir, you forgot your order". I told her that I didn't forget and to keep it.

    After we got in the truck and headed out and I cooled down some, I apologized to Dakota, my grandson who was 16 at the time. He said, "That's OK Grandpa, I thought it was awesome". Always a good day when you can make your grandson happy.
    I did the same thing with my grandson kinda. My wife gives me this coupon and tells me he has to get a haircut in our travels, so I took him to this place in a little strip mall with young girls all around busy as bees. I already didn’t want to walk in there.,. So we go up to the front desk, and I hand her the coupon, and I say we just need a quick haircut and we got other stuff to do. Boy stuff! Anyways, she starts asking me for my email, phone number, address etc. and my grandson already sees steam coming out of my nose, and says to her “ Grandpa doesn’t give out his information to anybody”. She then says well we need to put you into the “system” to get a haircut here. I said, so what if I paid in full without the coupon just to save the hassle. She said no, everyone has to register. I quietly grab his hand, and walk out. I could feel the “OMG HOW RUDE!” vibes from behind me as we walked out. I found an old school barber shop down the road with a twisty pole thing, and a nice lady who let him have the remote and watch spongebob never asking me for anything, and I even tipped her.

  12. Top | #6269
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    The Explorer sure seems mid size compared to the Edge and Escape.....

    The Expedition would be the obvious choice but priced even higher than a loaded up F150.
    My understanding is that the Edge is a crossover, meaning it is built on a car chassis.

    Now, I admit, I haven't shopped for anything new in a coon's age, because the prices are stupid crazy, and I'm not paying. When they first began using the term "crossover", I asked someone what the difference was between the SUV and the Crossover, and they informed me the SUV was built on a truck chassis and a crossover on a car chassis. But then, that's been a few years ago.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 3 others like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

    If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

    Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

  13. Top | #6270
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,488
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    And, she actually hands you your coin change and THEN the paper money, instead of that highly irritating "balance the pile of change on the bill" and you drop it all trying to get it into the car.......
    Why oh why did this become a lost art?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dont.jpg  
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 5 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 627 of 657 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •