You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 632
Page 632 of 661 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 622 630 631 632 633 634 642 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 6604
Like Tree56674Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #6311

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I have to do that with out old laptop if I want to use it. I turn it on and just let it sit for a day or overnight and let it do it’s thing. However, there are some updates that only continue with a manual restart it seems - so I still have to babysit it some and click the power menu once in a while to see if it says “update and restart” instead of just “restart”.

I only use it now for my ForScan application which lets me fiddle with my truck’s settings. But Mrs. C may want to use it now that she is stuck downstairs for the next week or so (our PCs are upstairs in our home office).

I’ve had an iPad for a few years now. When it does need an update it seems so much smoother. As I have said earlier if my PC dies I won’t replace it. I am getting more and more used to doing everything on my iPad but still like to use my PC at times. I will entertain an Apple laptop when the time comes but they seem to be quite expensive. Just maybe get one of the big a$$ iPads at that point.
    I love my iPad. I only go to the computer with business stuff. You can look into this if you want to try Apple and don’t need a hard drive. You will need a monitor or use one of the extra TVs you have already. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-m...?skuId=1107177

Truthfully I’d just stick with an iPad. Some business programs we use for me and my wife’s construction does not work on any Apple device. So consider what you need a new computer for exactly before getting a Mac.
    I don’t use my Mac mini to to often but another thing cool is it’s Apple. So right now I’m replying from my phone at lunch. I can go home to my Mac mini and or iPad and pretty much get right back to where I was at lunch. Any pictures I take are automatically on both now at the house. Any webpage I’m on my phone is accessible when I get home to my Mac or iPad.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlegreenmachine For This Useful Post:

coaltrain (05-15-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #6312
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Thanks
    That’s how I roll also. I actually heard Apple snob this and that about this stuff, and then work gave me an iPhone a while back. Since then I never went back and think that the iCloud setup is light years ahead of everyone else and so easy to use. Also we don’t have to wait for updates, and no viruses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top | #6313
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timzr View Post
    Even with GTT giving compelling advice against it, I have many people requesting to hire my tractor. I called my agent, he’s rarely in the office so I get one of his 2 assistants. We’ve been with this agent for 20+ years so I have an idea that it will be a grinds my gears discussion.

We’re discussing use and the coverage to best suit me, when the gear grinding occurs.
    Agent assistant “what do you think the value is for replacing your equipment?”
    Me “$20 thou...gets interrupted “
    AA “I don’t know why everyone thinks their lawn mower is worth $20000!”
    Me “Well because I paid $18,700 for a real tractor which happens to mow grass, and the attachments aren’t cheap either. It’s a 2017 JD 1025R”
    AA “let me check with some other people” puts me on hold for 15 minutes.

AA “the regional office recommends a minimum of $20k, but thinks $23-25k is better”.
    And this is exactly why I like my local insurance company. The company itself is only 30 miles away, they are huge in NY but are still small enough that when I have questions regarding policies I just call them direct. Every question gets answered and problems get solved, directly with their underwriting department.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #6314
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    So I DON’T like Jiffylube! I’ve had nothing but bad service there and will not use them. Last year, I take my truck to another local oil change place with “good reviews”. I tell the kid behind the counter to just give me an oil change and no leaks afterward. I looked into his eyes and expressed how serious I was to scarify him a little if needed. A day later my truck was puking oil ( synthetic). Luckily there was a auto parts store nearby, and after some investigation, they never replaced the o rings on the filter cartridge casing. Newer vehicles now have cartridges that insert in a plastic housing that uses o ring seals. You know how the saying goes: always replace the o rings that come with the filters. After a quart or so of oil and troubleshooting, new o rings did the trick. I called there and the manager said he insists they all do t, and if I want to bring the truck back in, they will replace the o rings... I said I already did it, along with some oil, and a reimbursement would suffice for now. He said they don’t do that, and only are allowed to do work fixes. I left it at that and planned on using the dealership from there forward. Fast forward to this year. My truck needs another oil change. I recently moved, so I take my truck to the local dealership, explain how I was fed up with oil change joints, what happened, and I want it done right. A day after, my truck was puking oil...same scenario, o rings. I replaced them, and it stopped. Marched into the dealership with receipts and told them what happened, and she refunded me the money I spent on the fix, and gave me a free oil change next time and the techs will get a talking to. Just because the o rings look good, don’t put them back in. The heat of the metals they are in contact with for months on end will flat spot them, so replace o rings, don’t throw the old ones back in. Damn kids! That’s where and all the trainees are made to work weekends and I get sub par service. I know, I know. Then change my own oil, well, it’s a write off also documented oil changes keeps the warranty people happy. 30 years ago, that kind of service would be rare, but not anymore. The consequences of someone debockling an oil change are barely a slap on the wrist. My day, I’d get fired for that
    I do most if not all my maintenance and most repairs myself . Just to avoid things like this. Waiting while someone does work that I can do myself and probably do a better job just seems like a huge waist of my time.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ejb69 For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (05-15-2019)

9. Top | #6315
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    What recently grinds me regarding insurance companies is the pricing.
    I have been with Liberty Mutual for several years, for both homeowners and autos. During that time my then teenage son had a wreck, and 2 years later my wife also did. I figured the rates would go up, and they did. But with the teenage son on the policy, it was quite expensive. I thought it would be the same with any company. Fast forward to last December. My son bought his own car, and got his own insurance, so he is no longer listed on our insurance. Auto policy went down ~$1k/ year. Good deal, right?
    In April I got a call from the Allstate rep who I have my snowmobile insured under, asking if they could give me a quote for homeowners and auto. I was shocked at the price difference.

By switching to Allstate, I saved $1600/year on the auto, and almost $1000/year on the homeowners.
    Auto policy went from $3400/year to $1800/year
    Homeowners went from $1800/year to $800/year
    So how is it possible to have the exact same coverage and have completely different rates?
    I was with Allstate for years as they always gave me the best quotes; but the last few years Liberty Mutual has been better price wise. I still get a quote from the Allstate agent every year in case something changes. I may see what AAA has to offer unless GTT members reply back with, 'run, don't walk' regarding AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    My truck needs another oil change. I recently moved, so I take my truck to the local dealership, explain how I was fed up with oil change joints, what happened, and I want it done right. A day after, my truck was puking oil...same scenario, o rings. I replaced them, and it stopped. Marched into the dealership with receipts and told them what happened, and she refunded me the money I spent on the fix, and gave me a free oil change next time and the techs will get a talking to.
    When I bought my '83 S-10 new, I took it back to the dealer for its first oil change for similar reasons that you state about Grease Monkey, et al. So the next day I decided to check the oil and found engine oil splattered on the underside of the hood, the inner fender wells, etc. I drained eight Smucker's jelly jars of oil before I got it back to the normal level. I went out to the dealer with my service receipt and the jars of oil to gripe to the Service Manager about the shoddy job his monkeys did. The Service Manager tried to blow smoke up my ass and say this wasn't a problem as the engine had a breather tube for the excess oil to escape. I said to him, "Show me the tube." His reply was that is was buried deep in the engine bay and you couldn't see it. I told him that's BS and open breather tube's were last used in 1967 as PCV valves came into use in 1968. I left the excess oil with him; but I was tempted to 'trip' and let the jars break all over the showroom floor. Oh, and his monkeys stole a screwdriver with interchangeable TORX bits I kept in the console. I never went back to that dealership for anything, nor will I shop at any of their stores for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    Prepare for it to get worse.
    The current crop of tit suckers don't have the ambition to clean up after a wet fart!
    It baffles me that we are fine with these dolts preparing our food.
    And run amusement park rides.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

10. Top | #6316
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Had State Farm insurance for yrs. Every time a storm hit somewhere in the US it seemed my insurance raised. Switched to some company MaBell was pushing. Same me about a 1k a year but that changed over the years. Finally switched to Erie, I know its only on the east coast.
    Over the past 8-10 yrs .my insurance has raised maybe $20 on house and car. Yes raised when I traded vehicles, expected that. But so far best and cheapest insurance I've ever had. The other year I rear ended a car. My insurance did not raise, big surprise, plus the car the hit had Erie insurance , neither of us had to pay a deductible.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 7 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Top | #6317
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,027 Times in 2,194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Had State Farm insurance for yrs. Every time a storm hit somewhere in the US it seemed my insurance raised. Switched to some company MaBell was pushing. Same me about a 1k a year but that changed over the years. Finally switched to Erie, I know its only on the east coast.
    Over the past 8-10 yrs .my insurance has raised maybe $20 on house and car. Yes raised when I traded vehicles, expected that. But so far best and cheapest insurance I've ever had. The other year I rear ended a car. My insurance did not raise, big surprise, plus the car the hit had Erie insurance , neither of us had to pay a deductible.
    I’ve had Erie for the past 25 years or so for everything. Every once in a while I get a quote from another place and they can never even come close to what I am paying. I haven’t checked again in at least 10 years now.

I read what some people pay for auto insurance on other forums and I am just floored. Makes me feel pretty lucky. Also I am grandfathered in now - no matter how many at fault accidents I may have my rate will never go up because of it.
    mjncad, rydplrs, jdforever and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #6318
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Insurance companies raise rates in keeping with hail storms and forest fires here. Every time I've asked why our rates went up significantly in spite of no claims by us; that is what they tell me.

13. Top | #6319
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Thanks
    Here it's hail and wind storms, plus the constant raising of property values due to population growth. My homeowners took a big jump this year and was told that a lot of the increase was due to their charts showing that replacement cost would be a lot more since my property was now worth a lot more so they had to raise the amount they calculated it would take for replacement. And you can't insure for just a certain amount, only thing they will write is replacement cost. And of course with a percentage deductible, means the amount of the deductible automatically goes up also.
    mjncad, rydplrs, jdforever and 3 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

14. Top | #6320
    Last Online
    Thanks

Angry My county's property tax appeal system.

My county's property tax appeal system.

I could turn this into a Russian novel rant as to what a clusterfrak this year's appeal process has become compared to previous years. I'll just say that no one, rich or poor, smart or stupid should have to go through the hoops of a broken website, random comparables based solely on your neighborhood's sales in 2017, six pages of instructions on how to get this vague information, peruse through 19,000+ records in an Excel file if you didn't figure out how to narrow it down to the few that pertained to your property. It's a system designed to frustrate people into not appealing their property's valuation so the county can collect more OPM (Other People's Money). Well, for $800+ I'm going to appeal.

D.A.D. = Deport All Democrats.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 632 of 661 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 622 630 631 632 633 634 642 ... LastLast