You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 639
Page 639 of 661 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6604
Like Tree56672Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #6381
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Jdforever, if they fix it, you could always turn around and trade it in Or sell it before it hits the carfax...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #6382
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Oh, I was really a lot more than just bummed. Even though my pickup is an 2018 Canyon Denali with only 11,000 miles on it, I wished I had been driving it with the ball hitch in the receiver. Probably wouldn't have done much, if any damage to my truck, but her vehicle would have really been messed up.

I have already spoken to her insurance company. She informed them of the accident yesterday. I have a claim number and it's already been assigned to an adjuster. I have her name and number and left her a message. We'll see.
    Sorry to hear of this, glad you're okay. I'd rather have an outbreak of cold sores as opposed to dealing with insurance issues.

Good Luck
    mjncad, Tomfive, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    Chris

2019 4052R/Cab, iMatch QH, 440R Loader w/BW16358 Bucket(Got Loops) , Frontier RB5072 Blade, Frontier LP1184 Land Plane, Front moveable fenders, Rear fender extensions, Dual Exterior mirrors,Ballast Box BW15073, Dual rear work lights(LVB24853), JD Hammerstrap, R2 4" Edge Tamers, (coming soon: Weather radar,FLIR,HUD, Chocolate bar & "Manpon" dispensers)

4. Top | #6383
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
    Gear Grinder: everyone wanting $300+ for their worn out 2 bottom plow. It seems everyone I look at is ROUGH and in need of love, coulters don't turn or are gone completely, shins need replaced etc. I'd happily pay $300 for one that is truly field ready not sunken 4" into the ground "just used last year". I don't want to pay $700 for a new one either, just a plain old Dearborn 2 bottom plow is all I'm looking for.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Been there, done that and got the t shirt. About 3 years ago i finally found a decent 2 bottom Dearborn plow for $275. Still have not used it.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #6384

Last Online
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks

Wrong trees cut. . . twice

I sold some timber early in the year and the harvest crew is active. On part of the sale, I had wanted to leave oak and a few poplar seed trees in order to do some hardwood reforestation. Friday night, I got a call from my forestry consultant saying when he checked the harvest some of those trees had been cut. Dang it, those were selected for form, species and location so that there would be a pretty good spacing of red oak, white oak and poplar in the area. They were clearly marked with paint and the guy on the cutter just whacked them down anyway.

So yesterday morning, I met the consultant on site and we are scrambling around down tree laps trying to see paint marks on the stumps so he can tally up the trees, get values etc. There's a specific remedy in Virginia law of 3 times the value plus the cost of determining the value plus reforestation cost but there's also so legal hoops to jump through so even though I will be compensated somewhat, my original plan is now shot to heck.

Since I'm on the property, I decided to go check on 10 American chestnuts I had planted last fall. They were planted in two rows, 10' apart, 20' between the rows in a small field that was just kept open and not cropped. I check the first row and while deer had chomped on some of them, all survived. I look at the second row and the hunt club guy that mowed the field had wiped out 3 out of five. It seems that he thought the stakes on the ends of the rows marked the only two trees. That p'oed me more than losing the mature trees as i pointed out the chestnuts to the hunt club, told them to be careful, left stakes in place etc.

This property is 40 miles from my house so I can't be there all the time but dang, I sure wish I could be there and prevent stupidity. . . Or at least have it as my stupidity instead of someone elses.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

7. Top | #6385
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Got rear ended early this afternoon by a soccer mom on her cell phone. My vehicle is a 2018 Audi Q5 Premeire with only 6,000 miles. Needles to say, I'm bummed tonight.
    Sorry to hear about your accident. I guess a better description is her accident!

Maybe you can get a chuckle out of my rear end job.

About 20 years ago I was driving on the North side of Milwaukee in my 1992 F150 and had come to a stop behind 5 vehicles at a light. I was struck from behind and was pushed into all the 5 vehicles in front of me. My rear wheels are off the ground and her buick lesabre is burried 3/4 of the way up her hood. The first thing she sais is "why are you stopped". I replied, myself and the 5 others had been waiting for the light to turn green. I turned to see if the other drivers are headed back to see who the moron is, and they all had driven away. I guess they felt in this neighborhood it was safer to just deal with the damages. I asked her for insurance info, she said none. I asked for a drivers license, she said none. I jumped in the F150, pulled it into 4 high and dropped the clutch. Her hood stuck with me for about 20 feet and I was off and running. I tooted the horn a couple times as I drove away. She was chasing me and shaking her arms. Funny as all hell. Let her explain everything to the police and I'm sure they would just laugh.

Thank god for frame mounted receiver hitches.
    2016 1025R FILB: Loaded R4's - 72# Starters - 60" MMM - Mechanical lift - 260 BH - H120 - 53" bucket - Ballast box - 647 Tiller - JD 40 gal 3 pt sprayer
    2003 X595: R3's - 62C MMM - 3 pt hitch - 47" blower - 80 cart - Brinly 24x36 roller - Parker lawn sweeper - 10 suitcase weights
    1994 445: Sold
    2004 X485 AWS:
    Sold

8. Top | #6386

Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randog View Post
    Sorry to hear about your accident. I guess a better description is her accident!

Maybe you can get a chuckle out of my rear end job.

About 20 years ago I was driving on the North side of Milwaukee in my 1992 F150 and had come to a stop behind 5 vehicles at a light. I was struck from behind and was pushed into all the 5 vehicles in front of me. My rear wheels are off the ground and her buick lesabre is burried 3/4 of the way up her hood. The first thing she sais is "why are you stopped". I replied, myself and the 5 others had been waiting for the light to turn green. I turned to see if the other drivers are headed back to see who the moron is, and they all had driven away. I guess they felt in this neighborhood it was safer to just deal with the damages. I asked her for insurance info, she said none. I asked for a drivers license, she said none. I jumped in the F150, pulled it into 4 high and dropped the clutch. Her hood stuck with me for about 20 feet and I was off and running. I tooted the horn a couple times as I drove away. She was chasing me and shaking her arms. Funny as all hell. Let her explain everything to the police and I'm sure they would just laugh.

Thank god for frame mounted receiver hitches.

Tell me one good reason why we can't sterilize stupid people.

#StrengthenTheHerd
    Last edited by Dr Maphesto; 06-16-2019 at 03:04 PM.

9. Top | #6387

Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Sorry to hear of this, glad you're okay. I'd rather have an outbreak of cold sores as opposed to dealing with insurance issues.

Good Luck
    Kinda depends on where the cold sores are.

10. Top | #6388
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I sold some timber early in the year and the harvest crew is active. On part of the sale, I had wanted to leave oak and a few poplar seed trees in order to do some hardwood reforestation. Friday night, I got a call from my forestry consultant saying when he checked the harvest some of those trees had been cut. Dang it, those were selected for form, species and location so that there would be a pretty good spacing of red oak, white oak and poplar in the area. They were clearly marked with paint and the guy on the cutter just whacked them down anyway.

So yesterday morning, I met the consultant on site and we are scrambling around down tree laps trying to see paint marks on the stumps so he can tally up the trees, get values etc. There's a specific remedy in Virginia law of 3 times the value plus the cost of determining the value plus reforestation cost but there's also so legal hoops to jump through so even though I will be compensated somewhat, my original plan is now shot to heck.

Since I'm on the property, I decided to go check on 10 American chestnuts I had planted last fall. They were planted in two rows, 10' apart, 20' between the rows in a small field that was just kept open and not cropped. I check the first row and while deer had chomped on some of them, all survived. I look at the second row and the hunt club guy that mowed the field had wiped out 3 out of five. It seems that he thought the stakes on the ends of the rows marked the only two trees. That p'oed me more than losing the mature trees as i pointed out the chestnuts to the hunt club, told them to be careful, left stakes in place etc.

This property is 40 miles from my house so I can't be there all the time but dang, I sure wish I could be there and prevent stupidity. . . Or at least have it as my stupidity instead of someone elses.

Treefarmer
    Basically, I have come to the conclusion that between the stupid people, lazy people, dishonest people and the ignorant, scourge on society group, the rest of us are nearly an endangered species. And I swear, if I hear one more liar say "I swear to God, I didn't __________" I am going to smack someone side the head with a ball bat.........

Actually, they usually say "You can axe my moms, I did ent do its, I swears to God".........yet you can present them with video evidence of their actions and "its not their fault".....or "you be picking on dem".......and on and on........

People make mistakes, things happen. But when you make a mistake, you own it and take full responsibility for it. First thing you do is admit what you have done and then determine an appropriate way to remedy the situation. But to run from it or deny it, leads me to think it was intentional, like the tree cutting. Doesn't matter "why" it was done, it was done. Trying to justify it or explain it makes it worse.

It sounds like they just clear cut everything, despite the tree markings, etc. Supposedly, many of the logging outfits are using GPS to make sure they stay on the land which they are supposed to be operating. Hopefully they followed those restrictions or that becomes another issue to deal with.

When someone doesn't do what they say they will do, or when they purposely do something they know and were told not to do, it leads me to conclude they must fit the description in my opening statement.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

11. Top | #6389
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post

#StrengthenTheHerd

Facts of the case

Oklahoma's Criminal Sterilization Act of 1935 allowed the state to sterilize a person who had been convicted three or more times of crimes "amounting to felonies involving moral turpitude." After his third conviction, Skinner was determined to be a habitual offender and ordered to be sterilized. He argued that the law violated the Fourteenth Amendment.

Question

Did the Act violate the Fourteenth Amendment?

Conclusion

In an opinion written by William Orville Douglas, the unanimous Court held that the Act violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court reasoned that certain crimes, such as embezzlement, were excluded from the Actís jurisdiction without explanation or reason. Moreover, the Court reasoned that because of the social and biological implications of reproduction and the irreversibility of sterilization operations, compulsory sterilization laws should be subject to strict scrutiny.
    In his concurrence, Chief Justice Harlan F. Stone stated that he disagreed with the majority opinionís reliance on the Equal Protection Clause and instead cited the Due Process Clause to prevent Skinner from being sterilized.
    mjncad, rydplrs, BigJim55 and 8 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

12. Top | #6390
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post

#StrengthenTheHerd
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Facts of the case

Oklahoma's Criminal Sterilization Act of 1935 allowed the state to sterilize a person who had been convicted three or more times of crimes "amounting to felonies involving moral turpitude." After his third conviction, Skinner was determined to be a habitual offender and ordered to be sterilized. He argued that the law violated the Fourteenth Amendment.

Question

Did the Act violate the Fourteenth Amendment?

Conclusion

In an opinion written by William Orville Douglas, the unanimous Court held that the Act violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court reasoned that certain crimes, such as embezzlement, were excluded from the Actís jurisdiction without explanation or reason. Moreover, the Court reasoned that because of the social and biological implications of reproduction and the irreversibility of sterilization operations, compulsory sterilization laws should be subject to strict scrutiny.
    In his concurrence, Chief Justice Harlan F. Stone stated that he disagreed with the majority opinionís reliance on the Equal Protection Clause and instead cited the Due Process Clause to prevent Skinner from being sterilized.
    An excerpt from the Colonrado Report I sent out earlier in the week to select email friends.

------------------------------------------

Now a damn good idea from Tennessee of all places. Of course the Tofu Warriors are up in arms over this, even though itís voluntary. However; the women should get equal treatment under this policy.

Judge Offers Inmates Reduced Sentences in Exchange for Vasectomy

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ectomy-n785256

Thatís your Colonrado report for now.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 639 of 661 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 ... LastLast