You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 654
Page 654 of 705 FirstFirst ... 154 554 604 644 652 653 654 655 656 664 704 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 7041
Like Tree60014Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #6531
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Today we traveled from east central Indiana to north central Indiana by way of state roads. We took a different rout than normal. Most of the roads & town we went through we have never traveled through before. Lane markings on roads in the towns has driven me nuts today. Either the makings are on the road surface, which you cannot see in bumper to bumper traffic. Or they are are above the road surface & you cannot see what lane they are marking until you are almost under the signs, only to then find out that you are in the wrong lane. Also because of bumper to bumper traffic. I believe the very heavy traffic is the result of all of the road construction going on in Indiana.

This is a state of Indiana map showing all of the road projects currently going on. All of the red dots & some of the yellow dots indicate roads that are closed.
    Can confirm that this is a huge issue. What a pain in the rear it is to go anywhere. Took sheep down south last night using I69. It sure is handy to run on but my goodness, the construction was hell. The sad part is that the last section between Martinsville and indy keeps getting pushed back- its currently due to be done in 2025 or something. By the time its done they will have to fix the new part they just did.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #6532
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    This is a state of Indiana map showing all of the road projects currently going on. All of the red dots & some of the yellow dots indicate roads that are closed.
    I thought that was a screen shot from a game of online battleship.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

4. Top | #6533
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Fartball season started tonight and the Denver Donkeys won.

The sooner they get into their losing ways, the greater the chances they won't make the post season, and the sooner fartball season will be over in Denver.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #6534
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The frakking AC puked again late this afternoon after the HVAC company closed for the day. Obviously something else is seriously wrong that a new capacitor couldn't last since it was installed on 7-23-2019.

I'll check the breakers and fuses tomorrow; but first I intend to drink beer tonight.

7. Top | #6535

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    Myself and my 1 partner met our new director (a woman) at a chance meeting at work when we were both standing up. She walks into our work area when our lazy bumms were sitting down along with a fellow employee. She introduce herself to the other employee myself and my partner have to shame the other guy to STAND UP when a lady enters!

8. Top | #6536
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    So, Im standing in an aisle that is only about 10 feet long. Im searching for something and all bent over concentrating and this lady rolls up on me and blurts out "Excuse Me!" with an off put look on her face. I sigh, and stand up moving closer to the shelf to let her by. She walks by me without another word and proceeds past. The aisle is only 10 feet long. There are other aisles to go through just like the one I was in but that was her direct route so she needed to disrupt my privacy and barge on through. I guess its all the years of true k driving, but if I see a clogged aisle, I simply go around. Others can't figure out how to get through life without burdening everyone around them

9. Top | #6537
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    The frakking AC puked again late this afternoon after the HVAC company closed for the day. Obviously something else is seriously wrong that a new capacitor couldn't last since it was installed on 7-23-2019.

I'll check the breakers and fuses tomorrow; but first I intend to drink beer tonight.
    Sunday evening our new AC install at the church quit working . We were having Bible School, and one of the ladies called and asked if I could check it out.
    Went over and checked the breaker for furnace , it was good. After checking thermostat, went outside to check breaker at the unit. It didn't seem to be tripped but turned it on and off. Still nothing, then I checked the breaker below the main feed panel, looked OK , turned it on and off AC started working.
    AC installer came and checked it Monday and the Electric Breaker at the AC unit is defective. He wired it to run without that breaker till he gets that one replaced. He needs to come back and do a few more things that have needed done since we built the back addition on some 30 years ago.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 6 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. Top | #6538
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Thanks
    Pro lifers that smoke!
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

11. Top | #6539

Last Online
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post

This reminds me of something I (or my brother) did as a kid back in the 70s. We were staying with our grandparents for the summer and the A/C quit working on the weekend. Had to sweat it out until Monday when grandpa could get a repairman out. Repairman works for a while and then turns on a wall switch in the stairwell to the basement, problem solved (A/C wise at least). Why was there a regular wall switch for the A/C in the stairwell?? Who knows, house was built in the fifties.

We got the you know what about not touching that switch ever again.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Jeff B and 2 others like this.
    Rudy-

Stable includes:
    2017 x580, 54" deck with Mulcher, sleeve hitch, rear blade, box scraper, 47" Snowblower, rear mount electric spreader
    1980 IH Cub Cadet 682, 50" deck, rototiller, front blade (inherited from FIL, in middle of full restore)
    Other Toys:
    Stihl MS290 Farm Boss Chainsaw
    Stihl BG56 Blower
    Stihl KM 111 Kombisystem

12. Top | #6540

Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rw580 View Post
    This reminds me of something I (or my brother) did as a kid back in the 70s. We were staying with our grandparents for the summer and the A/C quit working on the weekend. Had to sweat it out until Monday when grandpa could get a repairman out. Repairman works for a while and then turns on a wall switch in the stairwell to the basement, problem solved (A/C wise at least). Why was there a regular wall switch for the A/C in the stairwell?? Who knows, house was built in the fifties.

We got the you know what about not touching that switch ever again.
    My boss tells of the story when family comes over and next thing you know no heat! Yep, furnace emergency turn off switch on the basement stairs wall. Of course it is RED and HIGH UP on the wall, think that made any difference?

Kevin

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements