You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 672
Page 672 of 674 FirstFirst ... 172 572 622 662 670 671 672 673 674 LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 6740
Like Tree57836Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #6711
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Hey, at least you are smart enough to know your limits. Can't say that about a lot of people.

I had problems getting past 5th grade. They wouldn't move me up to the next grade because my dad was still there.

Dave
    My dad would always walk me to school cause we wuz in the same grade.....
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60HC mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #6712
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    And then, there are some people who are educated beyond their intelligence..........

Dave
    Boy, ain't that the truth. A lot...but not all...of the PhDs I knew in the Research lab carried along with their degree, an inflated ego and, consequently an academic elitism, arrogance and condescension. Some were so self absorbed...and those particularly with a technical degree...had little or no people skills. With my background in Biology and Chemistry, and my experience in the laboratory, I had a solid technical background, and consequently my best "friends" and co-workers at the Health Department were MDs and Nurses. Engineers provided me with my greatest interpersonal challenges; in fact, two of the most "difficult" individuals I ever knew were engineers...one my boss, one a fellow Lodge member.

On the other hand, two of my best friends, one was my boss, one a co-worker, were PhD Engineers with degrees from MIT. I guess lawyers and Engineers were meant to clash, and since I had the final word in legal matters, I simply told them how it must be done...it was legal advice pure and simple, and if they ignored it, it was their butt on the line.

A lot of the PhDs I worked with were foreign born and educated, and while they were book smart...this was back in the 60's...some of them had trouble driving a car or working simple mechanical devices.

Any way...as they say...it takes all kinds to make a world, and it's best if we learn to work together!
    Have wings, will travel.

4. Top | #6713
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    So I plop down in my 10 year old recliner yesterday and BANG! The chair mechanism exploded sending me to the nearest store 50 miles away. I was greeted by a sleaze ball salesman and immediately found myself wanting to vomit. He showed me a $2k chair and said he could make me a deal on it. I didn't realize I looked so effluent or stupid! I found a chair to my liking that was considerably lower priced to his dismay and asked them to deliver it that day. He said it was the floor model and can't be sold and he would check his inventory for one just like it. He showed Mrs.P some color swatches and said it would take 6-8 weeks for it to be made. I said listen bonehead, I need it today dammit! Almost made him cry! (big jim) . He said I will check to see if it is in inventory in the wharehouse with the color you are sitting on. Well dam it was!
    I asked when they could get it to me and he said a truck will be heading your way on the 16th and it has room for 1 more item. Sold ! Took out my card and rung up the sale. He said it will arrive in store on the 11th but the once a month delivery truck to the boonies is on the 16th. OK I will just have to wait and sit on the floor for a bit.
    We take the 50 mile drive home and the answering machine is blinking away. It is Esteban wanting us to call back. Wife calls him and is told that the delivery truck is too full afterall and it will be delivered the 16th of November but I could come and pick it up on the 11th of this month! Why is it so dam hard to buy anything other than beer and hot peanuts in today's world?
    Well I wrote Esteban a scathing email demanding he honor the delivery date and/or pay me for gas for the 100 mile drive, hiring a person to help me get into the house and pay for any damages that I may do to the chair transporting and installing it. He wrote back saying I must have been confused when the deal was made and offered me $9.99 for a refund. I went to corporate Quality assurance people in Sacramento with a scathing email about my treatment from this dickwad and the store in Redding. Today I received a call from a rep who said he was sorry for what I had to go through and will do an investigation into the complaint at the Redding store. He said he called the delivery people and told them to put the chair on a truck as promised and no exceptions. It will arrive and be installed with white glove treatment on the 16th! Sure I will buy more Lazy Boy products but not from this store. They will be getting some social media in your face reviews very soon!
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 6 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #6714
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Lazy boys are not only way overpriced, but piss poor quality anymore. I had a chair I paid 500 bucks for in 06 last 10 years without any problems but sagging out on me. Got another one in 16, and the mechanism got all bound up, broke, and until I want to do surgery will not open. Itís a rocker now next to another electric job I got from someplace else. I went to Lazyboy to either have it fixed, or get a new one and they wanted 300 to fix it, and 1500 for a new one. Nope. Not this sucka
    mjncad, DRobinson, pappa and 5 others like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade crap

7. Top | #6715
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Lazy boys are not only way overpriced, but piss poor quality anymore. I had a chair I paid 500 bucks for in 06 last 10 years without any problems but sagging out on me. Got another one in 16, and the mechanism got all bound up, broke, and until I want to do surgery will not open. Itís a rocker now next to another electric job I got from someplace else. I went to Lazyboy to either have it fixed, or get a new one and they wanted 300 to fix it, and 1500 for a new one. Nope. Not this sucka
    Lazy boy has a lifetime warranty on the mechanism! Mrs.P. said the fabric was worn out and she did not want to have it recovered due to cost. I said it had character and was broken in. She won.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 3 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

8. Top | #6716
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well they didnít lifetime me when I didnít produce a receipt. Should I proceed sending scathing emails?
    mjncad, pappa, rydplrs and 4 others like this.

9. Top | #6717
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Well they didnít lifetime me when I didnít produce a receipt. Should I proceed sending scathing emails?
    I would! But I can be a dick like Big Jim is with salesmen!
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 5 others like this.

10. Top | #6718
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So am I. I can embarrass my wife as soon as I walk in the door. She sees me dodging the sales people and says here we go. Theres this Ace hardware nears where I used to live this old guy used to bombard me as soon as I walked in. No matter how many times I blew him off, he was always there, so one time I walked in and he was needling another customer so I skirted around them sly like and headed for the aisles. I soon saw him coming out of the corner of my eye, so I waited till there was a shelf in between us and slinked off to another aisle before he got to where I previously was. Stubborn old cus kept at it but I was always a step ahead. He soon caught on and left me alone marching off in a huff. Every time I went there afterwards he would intentionally ignore me. Just the way I like it. Furniture salesmen I see a mile away, and will play hide and seek with them to the point I really start to piss the wife off. I like to get the lay of the land first. If there's nothing there I like Im out the door. If I'm going to spend my day shopping, its done my way. Nothing against a guy earning a living, but if im willing to give my time, then we can talk. Otherwise let me shop in peace
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 7 others like this.

11. Top | #6719
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    I would! But I can be a dick like Big Jim is with salesmen!
    Some of the things I've said to telemarketers and other pesky sales schmucks have embarrassed my wife and she has said on numerous occasions that I'll go to jail for the stuff I say.

Writing snottygrams as I call them are my specialty.
    DRobinson, Tomfive, pappa and 7 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

12. Top | #6720

Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Thanks
    I canít tell you the last time it rained at my house. Iíve been working till 7-8 the past couple weeks. Sundayís also. I wrap up a house at 4 today and rush home to jump on my tractor with the grapple for a little bit. Soon as I pull into my driveway it starts storming. I couldnít even get out of my truck for a little bit. Still raining now at 10:30.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements