You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 689
Page 689 of 696 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 6954
Like Tree59368Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #6881
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Is that the Colonfornia legislature?

Every laptop I've had the displeasure of using has been a pig, even when new.
    Tour bus full of Colonrado pot smokers seeing the ocean for the first time and hiding to make it go away?

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    That is precisely why I put up with the headaches of running the HOA. That way, when someone comes to me and says "You know what you COULD do....." I reply, "if you want input, get personally involved. Otherwise, accept the decisions others make for you because it is a choice each person makes....."

Sure, I will listen to their input but I have to be honest, 90% of what most have to say isn't worth hearing, but in an effort to be fair to the 10%, I listen.........and some of the stuff people come up with........WOW........

I watched 6 people walking in the neighborhood walk right over a piece of trash lying in the road. When I stopped and picked it up, someone asked me why I do that. The fact they asked me actually made me mad. It's because I LIVE HERE and if I don't do something, how can I expect others to do anything? Why is it always someone else's responsibility to take action?

Why not take pride in where you live? Why not want to keep it nice and a clean, safe place to live? We live in a world where everyone else expects someone else to take care of them.

It's like all of the people have their heads buried in the sand, likely because the extra 1 degree has made the temps intolerable.

Just curious, how did they measure, record and keep track of ambient temperatures 200 years ago? 500 years ago? 1,000 years ago? 500,000 years ago, 4 million years ago?

So when we are told this is the "hottest year ever", is that since humans have been recording temperatures or is it EVER? Did Dino the Dinosaur keep a log of daily temps in his backpack with his juice boxes and Apple devices while he flew around on a private jet to "Climate Meetings" where they use all single use plastics and create a mountain of trash while in their climate controlled hotel meeting rooms before retiring to their climate controlled suites? Oh wait, that's Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio......each on their own jet.....

Let me guess, all of the world's historic temperatures records are kept on Facebook?
    I have children and grandchildren and am concerned about the world we will leave them. They have a life span longer than the dogs so yes I am concerned about climate change. Hot temps aren't the only indicators as any person with a kindergarten education knows. Consider colder temps , more bigger better storms , fires,...etc. Things are just radically different than when I was young. I'm getting old and I don't care so much about my future but I care about the youth. Me and a bud did some beers and some deep thinking over the situation last night, he has a headache today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails budjpg.jpg
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #6882

Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Let me guess, all of the world's historic temperatures records are kept on Facebook?
    No, it was MySpace

Kevin

4. Top | #6883

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Thatís cuz you guys didnít buy a Mac book.
    LOL! I have a Macbook at work and it has been every bit as wacky and problematic as any Windows laptop I've ever had (and I've been using them since 1994). And I'm on my 3rd one in two years because they have a habit of the battery expanding and warping the case.

Rob
    jdforever, Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #6884
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Thanks
    Do any of the rest of you ever run into the "Apple snobs"? The Apple users who think that they are superior to us un-informed commoners?
    Join me in boycotting anti-American Nike

7. Top | #6885
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    Do any of the rest of you ever run into the "Apple snobs"? The Apple users who think that they are superior to us un-informed commoners?

Every day........

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

8. Top | #6886
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Thanks
    My gear grinder- people who target and stereotype everyone who makes a comment they donít like. I was making a light joke, and now Iím a snob. Thanks
    mjncad, jdforever, Jeff B and 5 others like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kbar For This Useful Post:

Jeff B†(11-08-2019)

10. Top | #6887
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    My gear grinder- people who target and stereotype everyone who makes a comment they donít like. I was making a light joke, and now Iím a snob. Thanks
    My apologies, I honestly did not intentionally aim that at you.

Total lack of tact on my part.
    My bad.

11. Top | #6888
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Thanks

I felt much safer...

I felt much safer after hooking the security chain on the motel room door...

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_0046 (1).JPG†
Views:	78†
Size:	338.3 KB†
ID:	712998
    mjncad, DRobinson, ejb69 and 9 others like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to X750 For This Useful Post:

Dr Maphesto†(11-08-2019)

13. Top | #6889
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X750 View Post
    I felt much safer after hooking the security chain on the motel room door...

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_0046 (1).JPG†
Views:	78†
Size:	338.3 KB†
ID:	712998
    That's about as useful as a receiver hitch on a chevy!
    rydplrs, jdforever, Jeff B and 2 others like this.

14. Top | #6890

Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Thanks

Apple store

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    I took my daughter's laptop into an Apple store for repair one time and it was full of the "Applesnobs". I told her the next time it needed repair, she would take it in. I haven't been back into that store since and can't imagine ever going back.

Treefarmer
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 5 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 689 of 696 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 ... LastLast