You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 691
Page 691 of 696 FirstFirst ... 191 591 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 6954
Like Tree59367Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #6901

Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Why go to any store at all? You can buy Apple stuff from many places including Apple themselves.

And you can trade stuff in online at Apple.com, bestbuy.com, amazon.com among others. I always trade in electronics when I buy new.
    I agree in this situation, but for repair and battery replacement it’s the only same day back to you option, besides replacement.

I had my 6s battery replaced, and still think the software demand killed battery life. I got an 8 to be back to an all day phone that will last through tomorrow without use but staying on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #6902
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Thanks
    Not a big fan of ordering stuff online. A very large percentage of things ordered online show up the wrong kind, broken, not show up at all, late, the list goes on. I rarely do business online. If its on Amazon, I send link to the wife and she has it delivered to her office. I always look at it as gambling my hard earned money and I never know when im being ripped off.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

4. Top | #6903
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Not a big fan of ordering stuff online. A very large percentage of things ordered online show up the wrong kind, broken, not show up at all, late, the list goes on. I rarely do business online. If its on Amazon, I send link to the wife and she has it delivered to her office. I always look at it as gambling my hard earned money and I never know when im being ripped off.
    Online is sooooo convenient, but we must realize that we have nobody to blame but ourselves every time a brick and mortar store closes it's doors.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 3 others like this.
    Join me in boycotting anti-American Nike

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #6904
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Thanks
    I won't buy from Amazon my way of protesting the owner but I have to buy online cause they do not sell what I need where I live? On line lets me spend hours looking at different parts to come up with a way to build things. Then I can weed thru them and get the best price and get screwed by some who miss/leads you! I use Ebay a lot and Google to find and buy stuff and use local stores for the stuff they carry. 90% plus of my Daughters business is done on line don't think the neibors would like 25-30 people a day coming to our home and in the winter forget it close the shop but that is our best time around Christmas!!!
    mjncad, rydplrs and Herminator like this.

7. Top | #6905
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    I won't buy from Amazon my way of protesting the owner but I have to buy online cause they do not sell what I need where I live? On line lets me spend hours looking at different parts to come up with a way to build things. Then I can weed thru them and get the best price and get screwed by some who miss/leads you! I use Ebay a lot and Google to find and buy stuff and use local stores for the stuff they carry. 90% plus of my Daughters business is done on line don't think the neibors would like 25-30 people a day coming to our home and in the winter forget it close the shop but that is our best time around Christmas!!!
    How much money Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos makes every day, hour, minute - Business Insider
    Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kbar For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (11-10-2019)

9. Top | #6906
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    Online is sooooo convenient, but we must realize that we have nobody to blame but ourselves every time a brick and mortar store closes it's doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    When you live in the country, on-line shopping is almost necessary and definitely convenient. I shop around to see where I can get the best deal. Sometimes it is Amazon. Sometimes it is eBay. Sometimes it is someone else. When I need it NOW, then it is Amazon Prime. I do have a small town nearby that has an Orscheln Farm and Home that I use and is only 5 miles away, but anything else is a trip to the big city and I don't do that unless it is absolutely necessary and even then, I will combine needs. A person can spend a lot of time and expense personally running around trying to find something and still not find it. I prefer letting my "fingers do the walking" to copy that old Yellow Pages ad. A trip to the city to find something could easily run over 100 miles and possibly come home empty handed.

Dave
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 5 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. Top | #6907
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    When you live in the country, on-line shopping is almost necessary and definitely convenient. I shop around to see where I can get the best deal. Sometimes it is Amazon. Sometimes it is eBay. Sometimes it is someone else. When I need it NOW, then it is Amazon Prime. I do have a small town nearby that has an Orscheln Farm and Home that I use and is only 5 miles away, but anything else is a trip to the big city and I don't do that unless it is absolutely necessary and even then, I will combine needs. A person can spend a lot of time and expense personally running around trying to find something and still not find it. I prefer letting my "fingers do the walking" to copy that old Yellow Pages ad. A trip to the city to find something could easily run over 100 miles and possibly come home empty handed.
    You hit the nail on the head. I am to the point that I'm buying everything except milk and ice cream on-line. There are plenty of brick & mortar stores nearby but no one seems to stock anything these days. There's nothing like wasting half a day and a quarter tank of gas running around for something as simple as an electrical fixture and coming home empty handed - or worse, coming home with a substitute that won't work. Even simple things like a particular size of tubing can be an adventure.

I like to describe it like this... when you go into a local store you usually come out with "what they had", when you shop on line you get "exactly what you needed".

Something even as simple as buying a watch... I know what works for me but you can go into multiple stores and find a watch sort of like you want but it has the wrong band. Then you see the band you want but the watch isn't the right style. I can go on... but when you go online to WatchesRus.com they typically have exactly the watch you were looking for with the exact color, number font, band style, etc.

I even had to resort to buying shoe strings on-line because none of the local shoe stores had the style I needed in the length I needed. What a waste of gas and time that was. Meanwhile, ShoeStrings.com had about 10-million to choose from. ;-)
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 4 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #6908
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Does Amazon support your local causes? Scouts, sports, youth, veterans etc.
    Do they donate to that local family who recently lost their house to a fire? Or the local child with the rare illness?

Don't get me wrong, I myself could do a lot better myself about keeping all of my dollars in town, so I'm certainly not being self righteous by any means.

But living in a town of less than 2000 people, I fully recognize how beneficial every dollar spent locally is.
    Studies prove a dollar spent local trickles down 7 times where once a dollar spent out of town is gone forever.

12. Top | #6909
    Last Online
    Thanks
    We always laugh at people who come into the store for a donation of some sort, and they say something stupid like..."I've never been in here before, you guys really have a nice store!"

That's when I would like to donate a sand hammer.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 2 others like this.

13. Top | #6910
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Thanks
    Online shopping has become very convenient. There’s only a couple Brick and Mortars we frequent anymore. There’s an Ace hardware 5 miles away that has everything. The people who work there are friendly and helpful when you need assistance finding something. They almost always have it. If they don’t have it, you probably really didn’t need it. The other is a local lumber yard. Again, great people. Every other store around here doesn’t stock much and act like they could care less that you walked into their store.

We do buy a lot of things from Amazon. It’s so easy to get something you can wait a day or two for. We’ve not had a problem with broken items at all. But we try and always buy name brands that ship from Amazon. Things that ship from 3rd party sellers can be questionable. Our youngest son is a software engineer for Amazon and he said if it ships from their warehouse, then it’s most likely not going to be a Chinese knockoff.

My wife has started online shopping for groceries at Walmart. Her life has gotten very busy since she has had to step in and coordinate care for her dad who has dementia. Taking 45-60 minutes in the store to shop for us and her dad added too much time to her life. Now during the week, she just puts things in her cart on her phone as she thinks of them. You just finalize the order the night before and set up a pickup timeframe. It takes her 5 minutes to stop and pickup the order on her way home from work. Our only concern at first was buying produce online. But, so far we’ve gotten fresher produce online than from the store she used to shop at.

Online shopping is probably here to stay.
    Last edited by JDLTG; 11-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    mjncad, rydplrs, coaltrain and 2 others like this.
    Lee

2018 JD 4044R/440R loader, 1939 JD model B, 2016 JD X380, 2017 JD X570 mowers. JD 503 brush mower, Frontier GM1060E finish mower, Frontier WC1105 wood chipper, JD 655 tiller. Cyclone Rake XL, Cyclone Rake Nut Rake, Misc discs and cultivators.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 691 of 696 FirstFirst ... 191 591 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 ... LastLast