You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 703
Page 703 of 705 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 7046
Like Tree60084Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

1. Top | #7021
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I'm afraid you are correct. It's similar to what's happened in hurricane zones. My understanding is it's very difficult to get homeowners insurance in Florida. I know the coastal areas of Virginia get hit with higher rates and higher deductibles even though hurricane damage in Virginia at the coast has been low. (Flooding from hurricanes is another matter but that's usually happened west of the coastal zones. Go figure.)

If they gave you bogus reasons for non-renewal, I'd challenge in whatever state agency regulates insurance. Allstate doesn't have to insure anyone but they should be up front about reasons. The regulatory agency can make life difficult if they have a concrete complaint that the company cannot back up.

Treefarmer
    ******** not just bogus. They wrote that I had peeling paint on parts of my siding when my siding is natural wood that has never been painted ,only oiled and oil doesn't peel.
    They wrote that I had moss on over 50% of my asphalt composition roofing. There was a 100 square foot area which I cleaned and sent photos of to them.
    They wrote that I had an outbuilding with a door that was failing. I replaced it.
    They wrote that I had flammable hazardous brush next to the house. I have ornamental plants only all of which appear on the State Fire Marshals list of fire safe plantings. And I have timers and sprinkler systems for all those plantings. Those are the 4 reasons to cancel me as contained in their letter. I will be writing letters just to vent my anger but I will also be contacting other companies. Did I mention that I think Allstate Insurance are a bunch of crooks and should be run out of all towns sporting a hot tar and feather onesy?
    Last edited by dieselshadow; 11-30-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: removed profanity filter bypass
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #7022
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Ok, I am going to need some help with this one. I feel like I walked into the middle of a conversation and missed the details.......

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now, for the REST of the story......"
    OK, so in Seattle, there are these people who live in RV’s on the side of the street. They’re like the white collar district of the homeless I guess. They become an eye sore and the cops make them move every 3 days or so, so they move around the corner and so on. This is the first Mercedes driving homeless person I saw
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, imatch, Frontier 2060L, Rimguard, Bunch of homemade stuff

WARNING-
    I will spontaneously spout off nonsense at any given time

4. Top | #7023

Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    OK, so in Seattle, there are these people who live in RV’s on the side of the street. They’re like the white collar district of the homeless I guess. They become an eye sore and the cops make them move every 3 days or so, so they move around the corner and so on. This is the first Mercedes driving homeless person I saw
    My buddy does that as a traveling nurse in a converted van. He works 3 months in a location with high cost of living, and wages, then travels for 3. He has a duplex a couple streets over that pays for itself that he lives in a couple months a year.
    mjncad, etcallhome, bhill and 5 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #7024

Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Thanks

Well, sometimes it works

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Good luck with that regulatory agency........

The California Insurance Commissioners office was the one which allowed Executive Life to grow and operate while holding 87%+ Junk Bonds as their asset base and when I contacted John Garamendi, the Insurance Commissioner at the time to advise him to take a careful look at the pending collapse of the company and suggested they should restrain them from issuing any new business, I received back a threatening letter from his office and also one from Executive Life (funny how they learned of my contact of their Regulatory Agency warning of THEIR pending collapse), that I could be held responsible for "Irresponsibly disparaging a regulated companies professional reputation"..........

Didn't matter, as within 30 days, Executive Life imploded, just as I warned the State Insurance Commissioner they would....Probably partly because I directed policy holders unfortunate enough to be holding some of their contacts, to withdrawal several million in cash immediately from the company, which the client did and thankfully, they only lost about 10% of their money......

Executive Life Insurance Company - Wikipedia

And whatever happened to John Garamendi? You will never guess.........Note how his "Wiki Page" claims he "Seized Executive Life".......
    It's more like it landed on his head..........

John Garamendi - Wikipedia

Ironically, it appears he (Garamendi) just might be Pappa's Congressional Representative, depending upon Pappa's actual location.......amazing how small a world it can be at times........
    I'm sorry but not surprised to hear about California. Sometimes they actually do work or at least make an attempt to help people. However, I shouldn't have been surprised at California totally striking out.

Treefarmer
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

7. Top | #7025
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    We have had Allstate insurance since we built and moved into this house, over 40 years. About three or four years ago I got a letter from them, along with a ration of bovine scat, about trees, roof, etc., etc. and unless I fixed all of this stuff they were going to cancel my insurance. Now we have had only two claims that I recall; one was a hail damaged roof and the second was kitchen fire that happened two weeks after we moved in. I suspect it was all contrived for some reason, whether it's because we live in tornado alley, or whether we're getting old and due for something I don't know, but I told them to stuff it. I went to an independent agent and got more insurance for less money.

In any case, I'm told that Allstate not longer belongs to Sears, and I suspect they sent their hatchet men in to cull out the risks, even at the expense of those who have had Allstate for nearly half a century.
    Allstate pulled that stunt on my Mom about 12+ years ago over her cracked driveway being a tripping hazard. It was a hazard; but I had the driveway and the rest of the flatwork mudjacked to their satisfaction for a lot less than replacing the concrete.

Mom also had Allstate for auto too and was with them for 50+ years. When her agent discovered how long she'd been a policy holder he had one of those corporate gift clocks sent to her. The ChiCom clock gizzards croaked within the year.

I've had Allstate off and on for most of my life; but I ditched them in 2015 when the rates for home and auto kept climbing far more than I think they should have, especially since we've been claim free for the vast majority of the time.

So if life is busy and the rates of whoever we have at the time don't rise much, I pretty much just renew our policies. But if they go up big time with the same lame excuses as to why, then I start shopping again.
    DRobinson, pappa, rydplrs and 7 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

8. Top | #7026
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Thanks
    Not so much a gear grinder but just depresses me... why does it seem like EVERY news story is depressing/sad or about murder or people hurting kids or something truly sadistic? I realize it happens but damn it sure does make me sad. Why can't I just get happy/positive news?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 6 others like this.

9. Top | #7027
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
    Not so much a gear grinder but just depresses me... why does it seem like EVERY news story is depressing/sad or about murder or people hurting kids or something truly sadistic? I realize it happens but damn it sure does make me sad. Why can't I just get happy/positive news?

That is why I don't watch TV anymore.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (12-07-2019)

11. Top | #7028
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post

The nightly national news is all about politics and murders, etc. and one feel good story. Sure would be nice if it were the opposite.
    mjncad, DRobinson, pappa and 4 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

12. Top | #7029
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post

Dave
    I still watch TV but without commercials. I haven’t watched or read any “news” in probably 20 years or more.
    rydplrs, jdforever and Herminator like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #7030
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post

Dave
    It's not just TV! Radio too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    The nightly national news is all about politics and murders, etc. and one feel good story. Sure would be nice if it were the opposite.
    Agreed, I truly wonder how much better of a world it would be if we didn't publicize (glamorize) all the negative in the world.

mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 4 others like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements